E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Review: ZXE H7, Xenesis H11 and headlight bulb removal (tip)

06-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
FLIPbmw
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 E84

Review: ZXE H7, Xenesis H11 and headlight bulb removal (tip)

Hi guys, I thought I would make a quick review on the ZXE H7 and Xenesis H11 bulbs and give a tip on replacing the H7 bulb from under the hood in minutes!

ZXE Xenon fueled H7 bulbs: These don't look white! Same OEM look.
These bulbs have a faint purple tint to them to help lessen the yellow look. The first set that I put into my car were OEM looking and I felt that I got a bad batch because all the videos online with ZXE were showing white lights! I got in contact with Osram Sylvania and they sent me replacements, but these still had the same yellowish OEM look. A few e-mails back and forth, they confirmed that the BMW daytime running lights operate at a lower wattage (which is what came up after googling this issue, wish I found it earlier). I sent everything back to Sylvania. Excellent customer service they were very helpful.

Xenesis H11 fog lights: These are crisp white to match OEM Xenons!
I tried my luck with a set of Xenesis Blue (Xenon matching) fog lights. They beat out OEM and with the strong blue tint to the bulb, I would believe they would beat out ZXE H11. I have seen some E46 users put Xenesis in as H7 with a white look.

[!TIP] BMW E90 Bi-Xenon headlight, H7 replacement.
Some online guides on H7 replacement have you take off the wheel and remove part of the wheel liner. After my 2nd time playing with the bulbs I wanted none of that, it just took too much time!
All you need is a phone on video mode w/front light. This will allow you to work directly from under the hood. You'll be working upside down (sort of) but you can see exactly what you are doing through your phone's screen. After I realized this, I was able to replace bulbs in a few minutes.
The passenger side has a lot of room to work with, but you should take off the air filter box for better access on the driver side.

Here are some pictures and a video of what it is like to pull out the H7 bulb.

H7 replacement with smartphone from under the hood.

Other pictures down below.
BMW picture with lights on. Left = ZXE, Right = OEM, fogs are OEM.
Fog light bulb, yellow one is OEM, white is Xenesis blue
Attached Images

Appreciate 0