E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > too sketchy

05-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #23
project6
TOML Rescue
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
yeah i dont have the facts in hand but i did see the dynos and the cheap ones are very linear...for example the bc racing coils were decent and the guy at fortune said that the bcs were alright but nothing great and he also showed me different other cheap ones mainly for hondas and they were all linear.

anyhow they are sort of biased of course but he still sent me in a different direction not their own brand so shows me that he knows his is not the best but for what he does it comes very close. he actually told me to go with ohlins since i brought that up but anyway i dont know where you are going with this whole argument.if you dont spend the time on research and development how can you possible have the best coilovers? anything matter of fact? if you really believe that someone can build anything for a low low price without putting forth the effort, then be my guest and go for it.

i dont know what you do for a living but if you had a business selling coilovers would you put in about 10000 hours of r&d and go sell your coilovers for $800 when just the material costs are $500?

and im not saying that all expensive coilovers are better either, but the cheap ones are cheap for a reason like i said before...no company in their right minds will take a loss.
There is no argument here. I am asking for facts on the Rokkor set-up. Not what you feel about it or because of your other rationalizations about other brands you have used. Do you even have proof that they have no R&D or are you assuming because of the price? You are going on plenty of assumptions and a huge amount of logical fallacies to present your argument.

So far you have provided 2 things about Rokkor...Jack and Shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #24
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by project6 View Post
There is no argument here. I am asking for facts on the Rokkor set-up. Not what you feel about it or because of your other rationalizations about other brands you have used. Do you even have proof that they have no R&D or are you assuming because of the price? You are going on plenty of assumptions and a huge amount of logical fallacies to present your argument.

So far you have provided 2 things about Rokkor...Jack and Shit.
lol ur right i dont have anything to say about rokkor and definitely dont have any facts on them, but i can say that you will probably be disappointed if you buy these for performance. but if you are just looking for a drop then go ahead and get them because i dont think there are any coilovers out there that majority of people have talked bad about.

and about the part on they are cheap for a reason...if you dont understand this then stop arguing with me about it because youll understand later in life what im talking about. no one out there is just that nice to give you something and if its cheap and extremely good quality then they are just giving it to you.

so stop being a jackass and buy the damn rokkors and put them on...whats the big deal?? they arent even that much money lol.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #25
project6
TOML Rescue
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
lol ur right i dont have anything to say about rokkor and definitely dont have any facts on them, but i can say that you will probably be disappointed if you buy these for performance. but if you are just looking for a drop then go ahead and get them because i dont think there are any coilovers out there that majority of people have talked bad about.

and about the part on they are cheap for a reason...if you dont understand this then stop arguing with me about it because youll understand later in life what im talking about. no one out there is just that nice to give you something and if its cheap and extremely good quality then they are just giving it to you.

so stop being a jackass and buy the damn rokkors and put them on...whats the big deal?? they arent even that much money lol.
You are the one who write out of your ass without proper back-up of your claims and I'm the jackass? Well done. If you have no valid argument start name calling...always the recourse of the weak minded.

Talk about misunderstanding? Where in my post did you glean that I wanted Rokkors? Not once did I ask "Should I get the Rokkors"? I wanted you to provide facts to back up your claim of Rokkors = cheap = disappointment. In the end you did say "probably be disappointed"...that I could understand. Because from that, I can see that you "probably" haven't tried them. When you write "probably", you have wiggle room for interpretation. But when you write as if there is fact behind your words, and claim "trust me"...don't get irritated if you are asked to back them up and then start the name calling if you can't.

The "cheap for a reason" that you keep stating is very weak. Here is a fact from my own experience. I still have a 1986 Honda CRX HF which originally cost me $7300. It has over 250,000 miles on the odometer and still running like a champ. Now that car was cheap...was it cheap for a reason?

Last edited by project6; 05-24-2012 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #26
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by project6 View Post
You are the one who write out of your ass without proper back-up of your claims and I'm the jackass? Well done. If you have no valid argument start name calling...always the recourse of the weak minded.

Talk about misunderstanding? Where in my post did you glean that I wanted Rokkors? Not once did I ask "Should I get the Rokkors"? I wanted you to provide facts to back up your claim of Rokkors = cheap = disappointment. In the end you did say "probably be disappointed"...that I could understand. Because from that, I can see that you "probably" haven't tried them. When you write "probably", you have wiggle room for interpretation. But when you write as if there is fact behind your words, and claim "trust me"...don't get irritated if you are asked to back them up and then start the name calling if you can't.
some people might be happy with the rokkers because they were such a low cost for a drop...but you say how can i claim rokkors are cheap? they are $300 coilovers...what do you think you are getting?

would you buy your 335 for $500? do i really need facts?? all my assumptions are speculation obviously since i did say they are cheap for a reason...no facts because i dont know why they are cheap. it could be a number of reasons...lack of r&d, cheap materials, lack of advertisement...i dont know. either way they are cheap for a reason and thats that.

if you really believe that the world is that nice then you are going to have a tough life.

there really is nothing to back anything up here as you probably wouldnt even buy these and you probably wont even do research on these rokkors as you probably know as much as i do that these suck...no need for facts.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #27
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
some people might be happy with the rokkers because they were such a low cost for a drop...but you say how can i claim rokkors are cheap? they are $300 coilovers...what do you think you are getting?

would you buy your 335 for $500? do i really need facts?? all my assumptions are speculation obviously since i did say they are cheap for a reason...no facts because i dont know why they are cheap. it could be a number of reasons...lack of r&d, cheap materials, lack of advertisement...i dont know. either way they are cheap for a reason and thats that.

if you really believe that the world is that nice then you are going to have a tough life.

there really is nothing to back anything up here as you probably wouldnt even buy these and you probably wont even do research on these rokkors as you probably know as much as i do that these suck...no need for facts.
Exactly you are buying garbage from a company that is not a known suspension company with no history nothing proven etc, Just look at the price.. Its probably copycat chinese junk..

I wouldn't even put these on my Sentra let alone my BMW..

Just take a look at what proper parts go for from companies such as :
  • KONI
  • Progress
  • H&R
  • Bilstein
  • Öhlins
  • KW
  • Tein

etc etc please the price says it all.. I could see if the major players were selling for say $1500 and these were $1000 or $1200 but under $500 for threaded coil overs? Give me a break I cant believe you would even consider this ebay garbage on a BMW a $30k+ car, But then again you got people plasti-dipping these cars too cause it looks cool instead of having a matte paint job You got to pay to play, Plain and Simple!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #28
franciscoapg
FAST!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335i, 01' F4i 600cc

Oh my god.... To the person stating he needs hard proof that $800 coilovers are inferior to the well developed $2-3,000 coilovers, give me a break man.....get in the damn CRX forums because you seem to share their same mentality. "Oh I bet these eBay turbos are the same high quality turbos that MHI or Garett etc... produce but they are new and less than half the price, these must be just as good!!!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #29
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
From my information, Rokkor's are Raceland's, made in China.
      05-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #30
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscoapg View Post
Oh my god.... To the person stating he needs hard proof that $800 coilovers are inferior to the well developed $2-3,000 coilovers, give me a break man.....get in the damn CRX forums because you seem to share their same mentality. "Oh I bet these eBay turbos are the same high quality turbos that MHI or Garett etc... produce but they are new and less than half the price, these must be just as good!!!!"
Seriously... I see that mentality on my Sentra forums but didnt expect it on a BMW forum.. WOW people really blow my mind, I worked in a CNC shop and
know what goes into real parts and why they cost what they cost and I can assure chinese junk with no engineering behind it will never stand up to a part
that was properly engineered and has no place on a BMW..

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 05-25-2012 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #31
franciscoapg
FAST!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
Quote:
Seriously... I see that mentality on my Sentra forums but didnt expect it on a BMW forum.. WOW people really blow my mind, I worked in a CNC shop and
know what goes into real parts and why they cost what they cost and I can assure chinese junk with no engineering behind it will never stand up to a part
that was properly engineered and has no place on a BMW..
You didn't expect BMW forum members to be conscious of quality and R&D investment into a product over sticker price? Would you expect people buying $50k cars to prefer saving a few bucks by buying copy-cat Chinese junk which only share the same aesthetic qualities with the well designed performance minded suspensions they aim to copy? If so "WOW" you blow my mind.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Exactly why I was trying to explain to this guy who needs hard facts that these 300 dollar coilovers are inferior to say motons. So much goes into developing a performance coilover than just putting a valve in.

It's not like jus bending a piece of piping and welding some parts together like downpipes where it would make sense that you can make a decent part for 300 or 400 but coilovers are different and has to go through much more r&d.

I really wasn't trying to argue with this guy but it is frustrating to try to explain that there is no point of getting too many facts or even worth my time with these rokkors unless you are looking for the cheapest way to drop your car.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You didn't expect BMW forum members to be conscious of quality and R&D investment into a product over sticker price? Would you expect people buying $50k cars to prefer saving a few bucks by buying copy-cat Chinese junk which only share the same aesthetic qualities with the well designed performance minded suspensions they aim to copy? If so "WOW" you blow my mind.
Sorry I cannot make out what you are trying to say? I was saying why would you put non engineered junk on your car.. I wasnt saying that since the crap products look like expensive products they must be good but quite the opposite.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 05-25-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
franciscoapg
FAST!!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUiKSR20
Quote:
Sorry I cannot make out what you are trying to say? I was saying why would you put non engineered junk on your car.. I wasnt saying that since the crap products look like expensive products they must be good but quite the opposite.
Hahaha sorry man sarcasm doesn't translate well through text does it! I was supporting your point of view via a terribly written sarcastic response. I'm on your side.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hahaha sorry man sarcasm doesn't translate well through text does it! I was supporting your point of view via a terribly written sarcastic response. I'm on your side.
Its all good 100% goes over the head sometimes in text lol
Appreciate 0