E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E93 with lowered spring perch - Pictures?

05-04-2011, 06:18 AM   #23
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 328i E93

I'm having my perches installed today. Will post pics as soon as I can.
"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires." (Isaiah 54:11)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #24
troye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black E93

SWEEET!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #25
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

What a difference a 1/2" makes...

Got the SPP front perches installed yesterday. And...

The first thing I noticed was when I sat in the car to drive away, I could see more of the road. Hard to believe, but...I was not looking for this change. It just hit me...like the front end had shrunk. A friend who drove the car said the same thing. I love this 'cause, coming from an E46, the E92 seemed a little big for me. It just got a bit smaller feeling (like my E46 did when I had it lowered).

I drove the car pretty hard the evening I picked it up so that things would settle. And they did. I took pics this morning from the same place I took before pics - coming out of my driveway - and the results are just as advertised: It is 0.5-0.6" lower (and even a little lower from the front edge of the aero front to the road).

Overall, I am happy with the results. I wanted to drop the car more but it is impractical in my area. (I'd already scraped leaving a typical driveway). As it now sits, the car has a more aggressive rake and that little drop does make a significant difference to the "trained" eye...the ones from us motorheads, who spend waaay too much money for such a minor (but really kickass) change.

***More pics tomorrow from a better (previous) location showing the drop on level ground.***

Before:

After:

Before:
Note: Car is at a slant coming out of driveway. This is NOT the distance from the lip to a level road.

After:

"O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires." (Isaiah 54:11)

Last edited by Isaiah5411; 05-05-2011 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:48 AM   #26
troye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Black E93

Nice! Thanks for the review.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #27
JayP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 LCI Xdrive

I believe i cant use those lowering perches on XI models right? Neither i can use em with bilstein shocks ? So i cant do nothing about havin my front so much higher than the rear

Dont take care of dirt on car it wasn't even washed, just a quick pic :P

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #28
Isaiah5411
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

You're right...not for the xi. Guess you'd have to do something like adjustable coilovers and drop the front a little more than the rear, eh?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #29
MBEA5T
Modding the MBEA5T
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

your car looks sick!!! thanks so much for posting pics... I'm for sure buying a set now

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisomar View Post
Not an e93 but close enough with sports springs, performance dampers and lowering front perches
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
e93boy
VP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAg View Post
Got the SPP front perches installed yesterday. And...

The first thing I noticed was when I sat in the car to drive away, I could see more of the road. Hard to believe, but...I was not looking for this change. It just hit me...like the front end had shrunk. A friend who drove the car said the same thing. I love this 'cause, coming from an E46, the E92 seemed a little big for me. It just got a bit smaller feeling (like my E46 did when I had it lowered).

I drove the car pretty hard the evening I picked it up so that things would settle. And they did. I took pics this morning from the same place I took before pics - coming out of my driveway - and the results are just as advertised: It is 0.5-0.6" lower (and even a little lower from the front edge of the aero front to the road).

Overall, I am happy with the results. I wanted to drop the car more but it is impractical in my area. (I'd already scraped leaving a typical driveway). As it now sits, the car has a more aggressive rake and that little drop does make a significant difference to the "trained" eye...the ones from us motorheads, who spend waaay too much money for such a minor (but really kickass) change.

***More pics tomorrow from a better (previous) location showing the drop on level ground.***

Before:

After:

Before:
Note: Car is at a slant coming out of driveway. This is NOT the distance from the lip to a level road.

After:

I know this Thread is kind of old but I was wondering how your ride quality has been since you lowered the front, I was actually looking for recommendations on springs when I ran into this post. I dont like how the front is higher than the back as far as looks go on my e93, but I dont want to compromise ride quality. If the front and rear were even height I would be happy, btw I dont know what the "Perches" are and not sure if I have to purchase something or do I have to remove something existing from car?? Sorry such a long post im a Newb and no access to PM yet..
Appreciate 0