E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Can anyone shed light on some fault codes?

07-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
kenbrinkman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235xi

Garage List
Can anyone shed light on some fault codes?

I just got around to reading the fault memory through INPA. I was shocked to find so many stored codes. There aren't any lights or warnings on the dash at all so I guess most if not all of these were one time faults that just remain in memory. I cleared everything, shut off the car, let it sit for a while, drove it around the block a few times, then reconnected INPA and there weren't any codes. Should I just keep any eye on them by scanning every few weeks? Can anyone point out any familiar ones or any that show imminent failure (water pump, tstat, etc)? Any help would be appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

You can search all of these in google. Your DME faults are all related to ews, at some point your car probably had a problem with the ews and was fixed but codes were not cleared. Otherwise your car would probably not even start.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #3
kenbrinkman
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate5ks View Post
You can search all of these in google. Your DME faults are all related to ews, at some point your car probably had a problem with the ews and was fixed but codes were not cleared. Otherwise your car would probably not even start.
Alright thanks for your help. I searched all the codes and most results were other threads asking about the same codes, I didn't mean to waste your time.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

No problem, I'm here to ask for help and help out where I can. The Bentley manual also has a list of error codes, I strongly suggest getting one.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

See my sig.
If no codes are being thrown use Chevron Techron fuel injector cleaner (concentrate). It solves rpm fluctuating upon cold start-up. Also, for most BMW problems start off by scanning your car with the Peake Research Tool. It contains the actual BMW codes. If you want to register a newly installed battery for free (just buy a $10 cable) and google/download BMWLogger
Appreciate 0