E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Official NorCal Chat Thread (#11)

Closed Thread

10-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #1497
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
I'm to indecisive...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #1498
Grant@JGMODS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMODS
I'm to indecisive...
Wait until a month before bimmerfest then buy all the performance mods possible!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #1499
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@JGMODS View Post
Wait until a month before bimmerfest then buy all the performance mods possible!
No, he should buy an FMIC now.
      10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #1500
JGMODS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i Modded

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@JGMODS View Post
Yeah there's no rush..

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
No, he should buy an FMIC now.
Ok so I guess there is a rush o_0 lol
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #1501
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Front zsp sway bar-free

Anyone want a front sway bar, bushings and brackets from my "07 335i?
No shipping/delivery. P/U in Walnut Creek w/in the next week or I'll just toss it.
Same thing with OE front control arms.
      10-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #1502
Chrispy650
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Munkey View Post
I'm down. What time works best for you? I should be free 3-6. Plates should arrive this week, M3 parts are back-ordered and the ETA for my trunk is Dec 15th.. Performance intake and strut to finish off visuals but the AA tune along with a 330 "conversion" should start early 2013. Definitely need to get rid of the US-spec headlight with OSS or BavX. LCI rear conversion with Karbonwerke trunk and euro tail lights later in the spring and idk about summer.
OSS/LS3 ftw. Still my fav mod
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #1503
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Yeah, the OE Flash is the most expensive by far coming in at $495, besides the AA, Turner, and OE Tuning I'm easily going with OE once I have begun. Luckily with 2 kids and an unemployed wife tax season would be a good time to start.

Definitely might kit up and then go for a repaint in the original color I wanted(Le Mans Blue or Deep Sea Blue), or if available get it painted in Monte Carlo Blue ala the new M5 or Tanzanite Blue. Really standout from the rest in the looks department LOL, getting tired of losing my car amongst the sea of other gray-skinned vehicles besides massive trucks.
yeah, I'm stuck on waiting maybe until christmas so I have a bit of money saved just in case any unexpected maintenance comes up. I saw the OE tuning flash is now $395, that might help me incline towards that hehe
Well, you better start modding now and get it out of the way before it all piles up! haha

Sweet! I was never a fan of Blue, but the Le Mans Blue on BMW's I saw helped change my mind. I think it'll look nice. Black accents here and there on that color make it look mean
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #1504
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy650 View Post
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #1505
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
yeah, I'm stuck on waiting maybe until christmas so I have a bit of money saved just in case any unexpected maintenance comes up. I saw the OE tuning flash is now $395, that might help me incline towards that hehe
Well, you better start modding now and get it out of the way before it all piles up! haha

Sweet! I was never a fan of Blue, but the Le Mans Blue on BMW's I saw helped change my mind. I think it'll look nice. Black accents here and there on that color make it look mean
OE sent me an e-mail when I asked them about the flash and gave me the price I stated earlier. Pricing varies on location I suppose because they're based out of SoCal.

As for modding, I'll probably start with a M-Tech bumper after a tax return, but so far I can only seem to find pre-LCI front bumpers. I'm wondering if I should get the M-Tech Carbon with quad pipes, might be a bit poserish LOL. Throw in some side skirts and I should be good to go and will eventually get my car painted. The black trim will look nice on a the lighter shade of blue. For now I plan on gathering all of my exterior parts and then installing them in one go along and then go for the paint job. Just hoard parts and then install and sell my OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #1506
xe90x
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Just changed my internet over to comcast.. SO much faster. Had ATT for a year and their internet is crap. 20Mbps with comcast where i only had 6Mbps on a good day with ATT
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #1507
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispy650 View Post
I know.. I've referred to that mod as the "cherry on top...". Dude, so I've decided on a new finish for my Volks. I promise it'll be something tasteful and unique at the same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocool4yooh View Post
Just changed my internet over to comcast.. SO much faster. Had ATT for a year and their internet is crap. 20Mbps with comcast where i only had 6Mbps on a good day with ATT
I think I still have AT&T but I'm getting about 12mpbs via phone's wifi -- not wired. Most of my internet use happens late at night so I get no traffic. Netflix FTMFW!
      10-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #1508
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OE sent me an e-mail when I asked them about the flash and gave me the price I stated earlier. Pricing varies on location I suppose because they're based out of SoCal.

As for modding, I'll probably start with a M-Tech bumper after a tax return, but so far I can only seem to find pre-LCI front bumpers. I'm wondering if I should get the M-Tech Carbon with quad pipes, might be a bit poserish LOL. Throw in some side skirts and I should be good to go and will eventually get my car painted. The black trim will look nice on a the lighter shade of blue. For now I plan on gathering all of my exterior parts and then installing them in one go along and then go for the paint job. Just hoard parts and then install and sell my OEM parts.
hahaha Nice! That's the way to go!
I'm thinking of doing an LCI conversion for my trunk and front, but I think I'm going to enjoy my car for now and easy down on the modding haha I've spent waayyy too much these past two months.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #1509
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I know.. I've referred to that mod as the "cherry on top...". Dude, so I've decided on a new finish for my Volks. I promise it'll be something tasteful and unique at the same time

I think I still have AT&T but I'm getting about 12mpbs via phone's wifi -- not wired. Most of my internet use happens late at night so I get no traffic. Netflix FTMFW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by toocool4yooh View Post

Dammn, how'd you guys get that low numbers? I'm at 54mbps
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #1510
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep
Drives: backwards

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Anyone going to be at the District 10 Charity Car show Saturday?

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #1511
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
You planning on going? I would go but my car isn't good looking enough to be called a show car.

Quote:
I'm thinking of doing an LCI conversion for my trunk and front, but I think I'm going to enjoy my car for now and easy down on the modding haha I've spent waayyy too much these past two months.
I know what you mean, since I bought my car 6 months ago I bought mods every month. I'm going to finish it off with a big bang with M3 bits and camber plates before it hits next year then i'll be saving money for Version II .
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #1512
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
You planning on going? I would go but my car isn't good looking enough to be called a show car.

I know what you mean, since I bought my car 6 months ago I bought mods every month. I'm going to finish it off with a big bang with M3 bits and camber plates before it hits next year then i'll be saving money for Version II .

Yeah, I've had my car ever since '08 and got it with less than 500 miles on it. So far, I've enjoyed it. But ever since coming on the forums I've learned about different things to "improve" my car. Do you know how much E90 M3 control arms differ from a regular E90?
Hopefully in the next week I get my oil filter gasket leak taken care of along with spark plugs and maybe ignition coils if needed, and then FINALLY swapping the halogens out with the euro bi-xenons I've had laying around for the past couple months.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #1513
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:

Yup. Europrojektz will be out there showing support for a good cause. You don't need to look over the top to be a show car. I when I first started showing with just wheels, lip, blacklines and black kidneys. You should come out anyway, it's for a good cause.

What does your version II consist of?

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #1514
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Great! I could sell you whatever parts I get off my car when I start LOL! Definitely going to start on the body, but I'm not sure what I can do for the front, but I saw some mesh kits for the intakes that look cool, but might be a pain to care for considering all the damn bugs out here in Cow Town.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #1515
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Great! I could sell you whatever parts I get off my car when I start LOL! Definitely going to start on the body, but I'm not sure what I can do for the front, but I saw some mesh kits for the intakes that look cool, but might be a pain to care for considering all the damn bugs out here in Cow Town.
ahahaha
True that, especially since around the evening time all the flying insects come out to play and splatter all over the car
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #1516
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Quote:
Dammn, how'd you guys get that low numbers? I'm at 54mbps
Speedtest it. Ryan (skinrock) may be able to comment since this isn't really my forte..

Quote:
Debating but I think I have work that day. Do you know if EP is accepting applications? I'm thinking about applying in December

Quote:

You'll never be finish! M3 bits and camber plates are either waiting to be shipped or they've already been shipped
      10-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #1517
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Speedtest it. Ryan (skinrock) may be able to comment since this isn't really my forte..

Debating but I think I have work that day. Do you know if EP is accepting applications? I'm thinking about applying in December

You'll never be finish! M3 bits and camber plates are either waiting to be shipped or they've already been shipped
You should try to make it if you can.

As for applications, I can send you a blank one and you can fill it out and I'll pass it through with our board of directors to decided on. We'll review it and I'll let you know.

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #1518
Delusive
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bagged E92

Quote:
Yeah, I've had my car ever since '08 and got it with less than 500 miles on it. So far, I've enjoyed it. But ever since coming on the forums I've learned about different things to "improve" my car. Do you know how much E90 M3 control arms differ from a regular E90?
Hopefully in the next week I get my oil filter gasket leak taken care of along with spark plugs and maybe ignition coils if needed, and then FINALLY swapping the halogens out with the euro bi-xenons I've had laying around for the past couple months.
The forums got the best of us and the difference from the M3 & Stock Control Arms is of course M3 has better improved handling, car feels more planted to the ground, stiffer bushings compared to stock which are crappy soft bushing that wear out fast, and more negative camber i'm doing this because my bushings are almost worn out and I need to change it so why not just change everything.

Quote:
Yup. Europrojektz will be out there showing support for a good cause. You don't need to look over the top to be a show car. I when I first started showing with just wheels, lip, blacklines and black kidneys. You should come out anyway, it's for a good cause.

What does your version II consist of?
Alright, i'll come out since it's for a good cause and can you pm me the info for it? I can't seem to find it.

Version II i'm going to concentrate on just pure exterior cosmetics can't really say what parts because i'm still undecided.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread