E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 2007 CD Changer

09-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
chumhill
Rep
Drives: BMW 325d M-Sport

E90 2007 CD Changer

Hi all, im new here and this is my first post so go easy on me if i ask a dumb question.

Just bought a Dension 500 interface for connecting the iPOD to my car.

I have a 325 M Sport with professional sat nav, bluetooth etc. So firstly would my car be pre-wired for a CD changer? and if so where would i find it?

Also on the i-drive i can see a CD changer option but cant select (a bit like the CD option when you have no CD in the drive) does this mean the coding is done and when a CD changer is connected it will work? or can everyone with i-drive see the CD changer option but cant select it because it needs to be programmed?

Thanks in advance.
Ash
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
chumhill
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumhill View Post
Hi all, im new here and this is my first post so go easy on me if i ask a dumb question.

Just bought a Dension 500 interface for connecting the iPOD to my car.

I have a 325 M Sport with professional sat nav, bluetooth etc. So firstly would my car be pre-wired for a CD changer? and if so where would i find it?

Also on the i-drive i can see a CD changer option but cant select (a bit like the CD option when you have no CD in the drive) does this mean the coding is done and when a CD changer is connected it will work? or can everyone with i-drive see the CD changer option but cant select it because it needs to be programmed?

Thanks in advance.
Ash
Quick update, i called Warrington BMW today and was told a CD changer would cost me £450 and they would need to program the i-drive which would cost £250!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
chumhill
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
sricca
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

will this help you

In the States all cars with nav came sort of pre wired. I guess you don't have the cd changer which is mounted in trunk on left. There is a tray wich can pop out. Under is where my car amp is located. Wrapped in a material that is easily removed is the cd changer plug. The plug has optical in and out and +&- power leads. If you have this you are pre wired. Now the optical cables are actually not hooked into the optical splitter block. To do that you remove the rear driver seat outside seat back and the block in there with the wires. Look up cd changer retrofit it should show you all the info. I am in the process of hooking the Dension in my e60. Although it is a little different because the cd changer for me is in the glovebox the rest of the install will be the same. I had to find a used cd changer on ebay and then had the dealer code the car for that cd changer. I was told they did not want to code the car unless I had an actual CD changer installed. Then once all is well you go ahead and change the cd changer for the Gateway. Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
sricca
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi

I worked a deal with bmw dealer for codeing

They charged me 1hr labor $120 us to code car. The computer was hooked to car for about 2hrs but they are doing no labor. The computer programs the most modules. Car a few dealers and let them know you will bring them all your business if they work with you.
Appreciate 0