E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > High gloss trim replaced but...

04-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #23
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Nope.

Mind you they will probably snap it when they remove it anyway.
I doubt they will let me keep the trim they remove. I could ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisw100 View Post
sorry about your news but on the bright side they look like they like scratches that could be compounding out, if not they would deffo come out with a light 1500 grit sand then abit of 3000 grit and a polish after
They tried already with polish. Bear in mind that the original trim had started to bubble so it's definitely painted not just solid plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
I'd ask the warranty manager what he thinks, although if he'd already seen it and passed it prior to you seeing it, send him to Specsavers.

It looks diabolical, was it a YTS trainee they let loose on your car, or a random walkby with a screwdriver in his pocket?
I don't think he's seen it and his attitude is "we're trying to sort it, what more do you want?"

The guy that did the work is apparently a "Senior Tech".
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #24
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post

The guy that did the work is apparently a "Senior Tech".
'Senior' as in years obviously, his eyesight is failing!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #25
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Once this is sorted to my satisfaction I don't think I will be using Sytner again for anything.

This has fucked me right off and it's not the first time I've had issues with them. Every time I've been the one to point out the issues.

Last year after having some bodywork done (which was a nightmare in itself, took them 3 attempts to sort it out) they handed the car back to me with 2 scuffed wheels!

No one pointed it out and it was left to me to find while checking the car out before leaving!

I'm pretty much done with Sytner, not that they would give a shit though. What's one customer?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #26
Ham09
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A sh*t box

Garage List
2006 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

I don't think he's seen it and his attitude is "we're trying to sort it, what more do you want?"
WTF, how about fixing it lol. Stuff like this winds me up. I hope it gets sorted for you.

This is OTT but worth a laugh. Next time the car goes in for any work take a DSLR and that days newspaper with you. Let them see you take a loads of photo's of the car and ask them to take the last one of you with the car in the background holding the newspaper. Then lets see how careful they are
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #27
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham09 View Post
Quote:

WTF, how about fixing it lol. Stuff like this winds me up. I hope it gets sorted for you.

This is OTT but worth a laugh. Next time the car goes in for any work take a DSLR and that days newspaper with you. Let them see you take a loads of photo's of the car and ask them to take the last one of you with the car in the background holding the newspaper. Then lets see how careful they are
When my old car went in for work to be done. It did exactly that. Got the service manager fired as i caught him in the lies which he refused to back down on. Think it was his final warning anyway.

Zoomed in to show no damage to the paint work and his employee taking similar photos. Of course i got a free respray.

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #28
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Toxic - just seen the pics - its a joke they returned it to you in that condition. Someone must have signed it off. they need to make an appropriate gesture of goodwill to make up for the inconvenience, in addition to sorting it out properly in the first place
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 03:28 PM   #29
MalM3
4 pot warrior
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 318I

Garage List
2006 e90  [10.00]
shoddy normally the door strips are just lifted out , and the roof trims are pop fit
The only "difficult" one is getting the trim on the front doors without removing the mirrors, otherwise its a piss easy job- 1 hr max..

Looks like the trims were placed loose in a box and the trims have scraped around in the box together . the scuffing on the rear quarter is ridiculos.

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #30
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs View Post
Toxic - just seen the pics - its a joke they returned it to you in that condition. Someone must have signed it off. they need to make an appropriate gesture of goodwill to make up for the inconvenience, in addition to sorting it out properly in the first place
Glad it's not just me that thinks so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
shoddy normally the door strips are just lifted out , and the roof trims are pop fit
The only "difficult" one is getting the trim on the front doors without removing the mirrors, otherwise its a piss easy job- 1 hr max..

Looks like the trims were placed loose in a box and the trims have scraped around in the box together . the scuffing on the rear quarter is ridiculos.
This is what I was told was the likely cause. So, if that is the case, who inspects parts BEFORE they are fitted?

If they were in that condition prior to fitting, why fit them at all?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #31
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Have you spoken to Anneka about it?
      04-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #32
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Have you spoken to Anneka about it?
Just sent her a PM. She wasn't in the office today otherwise I would have raised it with her while I was there...
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #33
MalM3
4 pot warrior
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 318I

Garage List
2006 e90  [10.00]
Quote:
Glad it's not just me that thinks so!

This is what I was told was the likely cause. So, if that is the case, who inspects parts BEFORE they are fitted?

If they were in that condition prior to fitting, why fit them at all?
yeah, but normally they are in bubblewrap bags individually , to prevent this from happening , which makes me wonder if they are at all new peices?

The pictures dont look like new trims, sorry

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #34
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Why was it replaced in the first place?
      04-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #35
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Why was it replaced in the first place?
Original one started to bubble...
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #36
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Hi Toxic, I'm really sorry about the marks, I'm sure that Steve and the team will have this sorted. We'll make rectifying it as convenient for you as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 07:32 AM   #37
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneka @ Sytner View Post
Hi Toxic, I'm really sorry about the marks, I'm sure that Steve and the team will have this sorted. We'll make rectifying it as convenient for you as possible.
Anneka,

What about the fact that it shouldn't happen in the first place?

What you have said does nothing to change/help ease the situation that I find myself in. My car will have to come back in for work (with me wondering what will go wrong this time).

Do you honestly think that it's OK for this kind of thing to happen and for Sytner's response to be "we'll sort it" without any other repercussions for them?

Having seen the responses here do you think that is a tenable stance for Sytner to take?

This is not good enough.

Last edited by toxicnerve; 04-16-2011 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #38
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Gutted for ya mate!!
      04-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #39
atariboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 33I M-Sport Dec'11

Based on this experience and my last post, I am beginning to wonder if its time to change to Mercedes or Audi as surely they cant be any worse
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 09:52 AM   #40
225_AB
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 M235i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 330D  [0.00]
Had the same piece trim replaced by Sytner High Wycombe due to bubbling. Worse job than yours. The trim didn't fit, obvious to see, some of the clips weren't clipped in and lots of wind noise. The centre piece (between the front and back windows) and the straight piece at the bottom of the window were scratched in the process. So mistakes happen but how did it pass inspection? No real apology, eventually all trim replaced.

I also found after having alpine upgrade that a whole number of screws were left in boot.

When my tyre pressure warning kept going off I got the tyres checked and was told that they were ok only to discover a nail in a tyre whilst in France, puncture repair no more TPS warning.

My point is that mistakes happen but there is rarely any genuine apology.

My car has been in to the dealer 4 times and I have had problems 3 times, that is not just down to bad luck. Could be due to any number of reasons. My thoughts as to possibilities.
1. Poor staff attitude, they don't care
2. Too much pressure on staff to get jobs done quickly
3. Poor training
4. Poor supervision
5. A gypsy curse
6. Poor attitude as no one cares and no repercussions

Feel free to add.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #41
mv57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
... Could be due to any number of reasons. My thoughts as to possibilities.
1. Poor staff attitude, they don't care
I think Anneka may have a oppinion/attitude. Sounds like she has got involved already.

I am not standing up for the comapny, I have no expereince with Sytner BMW.

Sytner Audi on the other hand West london...

E9X Picture game / 5 MPH / double bhp / The Beatles zebra crossing / Gordon Ramsays restaurant / Michelin star /
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #42
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

They just don't give a shit!

After this experience am I of the opinion that they simply don't give a fuck.

All they are interested in verbal apologies which amount to nothing but being meaningless platitudes.

When I previously had bodywork done at Sytner Harold Wood I had to make 3-4 return trips before they sorted it out.

Then on handing the car back after "sorting" it (I still wasn't 100% happy but it simply became too much effort to continue trying to get it done) the car had two scuffed alloys.

Was this pointed out to me? No. I was left to find them for myself while inspecting the car (just before I was about to drive off).

So wheels go refurbed. Car handed back, get a mile down the road and the TPMS goes off. Check the pressures, 2Bar in the rear wheel (one of the refurbs)

After some back and forth they agreed to a free KDS and they would let me watch. Result

Only, while the KDS was being done my house got robbed! I'd have been home had it not been for the KDS.

So with the latest trim issue I keep being told "we're doing everything we can to sort it out". As if that is news/worth saying?

Of course you're fucking doing everything you can to sort it out, it's your fault. What the fuck else do they think should happen?

My question is, what are you doing to make up for the inconvenience/hassle?

The funniest thing is, it's clearly not a big issue for Sytner. They're big enough to not have to worry about what a couple of customers might think because they have hundreds/thousands.

So what if one or two get treated likes mugs and never come back? There will always be fresh meat to take the piss out of tomorrow right?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #43
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Fuck me, robbed???!! What's been taken?! Check
for your spare key
      04-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #44
toxicnerve