E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Just had evaporator replaced but some issues

08-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #1
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Just had evaporator replaced but some issues

Hi all

I had the corroding evaporator problem which resulted in having white dust blown from vents all over the interior. I had it in at an independent garage to have the evaporator replaced. Got the car back last night and everything is fine apart ftom couple of things so would appreciate any help. I have not got back to the garage yet, just want to see if anyone has any ideas before I do.

When climate control is on auto the aircon is on all the time no matter what the temp is set at. Im pretty sure that before tbe replacement the AC would turn off if the temp was set to warm and come on when set to cold. Can anyone confirm?

The other thing is that the air from the centre vents is constantly cold regardless of temp setting. Have checked the adjuster beside the hazard switch and it does not make any difference, always cold even if other vents are warm. The only way I can get warm air is if I manually direct the air towards face only. If I press centre and footwell the centres goes cool again and footwell stays warm.

When centre vents only are selected then centre temp adjuster does work but not when on auto. Anyone have any ideas? Want to get this sorted asap. Managed to get through summer with no aircon but dont fancy the winter with cold air.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
jimbo666
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

I'll put your mind to rest re the air con. It will stay 'on' all the time on AUTO.

I can't help with your other issue, however.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Thanks for that. One less thing to get sorted
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #4
jimbo666
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

No problem. The other issue does seem very strange though!

Maybe the flaps are out of sync? I know you can do a reset procedure of them via DIS. It may be that you have a fault code stored that could help.
Appreciate 0