E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Potholes! Grrrrrr......

12-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Angry Potholes! Grrrrrr......

I wonder, what are the roads like where you guys live? They are terrible where I am from. I cannot emphasize how bad they are. Here's what happened...

My mate called me earlier said he hit a pothole and both tyres on the driver side of the car are blown and the car travelling behind him burst a tyre too. I seen this pothole later and I cannot emphasize how BIG it is. It was easily about 3ft in length and ~1ft deep. However, we have a lot of snow/ice right now and the hole is filled with water so it really just looks like a normal pothole. It's realllllly deep though and hard to avoid because there are parked cars and its a narrow road.

It was late at night when I seen the hole and in the 5 mins I was there I seen 2 other cars hit it and seen their cars bounce up and down. I reported it to the police station round the corner because I know people always speed on that road and will end up hitting a parked car or something. I passed by later and the lazy motherfuckers havent done anything. Pisses me off man.

/endrant
      12-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Tell them there is a dozen donuts in the pot hole
      12-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
skinnycow
condoms prevent minivans
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

every year streets that don't need to be fixed get fixed and streets that need fixing don't get fixed, it just all depends on the area and who's paying their taxes.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
potholes here are pretty bad and in general the roads are sh*t! I've lost count on how many flats i had....I swear any car over $30k is too much for montreal!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Tell them there is a dozen donuts in the pot hole
Even that is too much effort for them. I rang them and said please just stick a cone in it so people try avoid it. Trust me I'm telling you it will cause an accident, but no that is too much hassle for them.
      12-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow View Post
every year streets that don't need to be fixed get fixed and streets that need fixing don't get fixed, it just all depends on the area and who's paying their taxes.
people that dont pay their taxes dont care about potholes, they walk everywhere anyways
      12-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Over here you can harass the authorities and if you are lucky they will fill the hole with shit and it will break away and leave loose rocks/chips which cause even more damage. BASTARDS. pisses me off.
      12-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Over here you can harass the authorities and if you are lucky they will fill the hole with shit and it will break away and leave loose rocks/chips which cause even more damage. BASTARDS. pisses me off.
loool i hate when they do that!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
I just thought about this today actually. A huge summer campaign on Chicagoland expressways was repaving, wreaking havoc on commutes. Taking an exit today (for north avenue/lake street off 290e for the many OTers who know the area) there is a huge pothole in brand new pavement. Top notch, IDOT, top notch
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #10
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I hit a pothole on a major interstate in the middle lane, doing 65. It was so large that it completely deflated/shredded my left front within half a mile. Had to get my car towed 40 miles to the nearest dealer. And then had to wait a day, because it was the weekend, to pay $500 for the privilege of replacing one tire.

That's how much I hate the roads here.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #11
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I hit a pothole on a major interstate in the middle lane, doing 65. It was so large that it completely deflated/shredded my left front within half a mile. Had to get my car towed 40 miles to the nearest dealer. And then had to wait a day, because it was the weekend, to pay $500 for the privilege of replacing one tire.

That's how much I hate the roads here.
you got bent over, next time tow it to the local tire store

and get rid of the damn run flats
      12-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
you got bent over, next time tow it to the local tire store

and get rid of the damn run flats
Believe me, I know - I didn't have a choice, I didn't want to leave it at an indy shop overnight.

And M3s don't have runflats - when the tire goes, you have to tow it or pump that nasty glue shit into the tire if it's not shredded to bits.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Believe me, I know - I didn't have a choice, I didn't want to leave it at an indy shop overnight.

And M3s don't have runflats - when the tire goes, you have to tow it or pump that nasty glue shit into the tire if it's not shredded to bits.
Sorry didn't notice the M3, most M3 owners advertise they have a M all over their profile...if I were in your shoes I would buy a heavy duty jack, heavy duty jack stands, air gun and next time that happens, tow it to your house and just take the wheel to the tire shop the next day since you can't rotate them anyways, just have them balance the single wheel after its replaced and pop it back on yourself
      12-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #14
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I just thought about this today actually. A huge summer campaign on Chicagoland expressways was repaving, wreaking havoc on commutes. Taking an exit today (for north avenue/lake street off 290e for the many OTers who know the area) there is a huge pothole in brand new pavement. Top notch, IDOT, top notch
Did you expect them to do a good job w/ the Obama money? Shortly after they started construction in one particular area near my work place, the workers decided to strike for a couple weeks. I thought it was hilarious, but never snapped a pick of them picketing right by the "Putting America to Work" sign.
      12-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #15
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Did you expect them to do a good job w/ the Obama money? Shortly after they started construction in one particular area near work, the workers decided to strike for a couple weeks. I thought it was hilarious, but never snapped a pick of them picketing right by the "Putting America to Work" sign.
No, more of the same really. But I thought it was relevant to a thread about potholes. I remember the strikes all and well, as it affected a few jobs I had going with mine during the summer. That pic would've been hilarious
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #16
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

dude... New York has some real shit roads... You basically can't go about 50 ft without dodging potholes and if you do dodge pot holes and a police officer sees you, you get a ticket for reckless driving... jerks!!!

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #17
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

It is well documented that West Virginia has the best roads in North America. Strangely enough, one of its senators is also chairman of the Appropriations Commitee.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #18
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Pot holes effin blow. I replaced two cracked rims this past summer. The money I spent on replacing OEM wheels, could have went towards a nice set of aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #19
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
dude... New York has some real shit roads... You basically can't go about 50 ft without dodging potholes and if you do dodge pot holes and a police officer sees you, you get a ticket for reckless driving... jerks!!!
Ahh... the NY road patch. I had a dumped Mk3 Golf back then and It was so hard to get around NY in the damn thing because of this kind of crap.

There was one time in particular where I was up in Westchester driving along at about 50-60mph and I came up on a set of these that still had the fucking positioning hooks welded to the top!!! I was blocked into my lane by a truck and had no choice to drive over them.... I knew for sure I was going to loose my oil pan. Luckily I made it... but there was some major sphincter clinching for about 30-45 seconds.

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 08:26 AM   #20
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Ahh... the NY road patch. I had a dumped Mk3 Golf back then and It was so hard to get around NY in the damn thing because of this kind of crap.

There was one time in particular where I was up in Westchester driving along at about 50-60mph and I came up on a set of these that still had the fucking positioning hooks welded to the top!!! I was blocked into my lane by a truck and had no choice to drive over them.... I knew for sure I was going to loose my oil pan. Luckily I made it... but there was some major sphincter clinching for about 30-45 seconds.

http://www.seeclickfix.com/files/com.../4875/weld.jpg
I know that feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
Pot holes effin blow. I replaced two cracked rims this past summer. The money I spent on replacing OEM wheels, could have went towards a nice set of aftermarket.
Same here, but only one.

And I asked for my cracked wheel to be saved, and they forgot!! I was so fucking pissed, would have looked great on my wall (srs).
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 08:29 AM   #21
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post

Oh, these fuckers.... I watched a news report one morning just after the strike started where some union rep was bitching because even though these guys were making over $50/hr some of them ONLY worked 1000 hours in 2009 which is apparently about half of what they're used to.

Boo fucking hoo... $50k+ isn't a bad paycheck considering you only worked 2.5 days a week and when you're on the job your just leaning on a goddamn shovel. Quit sitting around and complaining about lack of hours and get a second job if your $100k salary is that important.... I think the real complaint is that since everyone's hours were reduced they weren't eligible for for their 2x/3x OT pay... $150/hr for leaning on a shovel is pretty good, you gotta admit.

There are a ton of American families who survive on much less than $50k/yr and don't complain about it, nor have the influence to disrupt hundreds of thousands of commuters every day. I wonder how many people died in the back of ambulances due to traffic jams this year in Chicago.

I vote that the construction jobs and the postal employee jobs be giving to people who actually want them/appreciate having the jobs like some FOB immigrants.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #22
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd View Post
Oh, these fuckers.... I watched a news report one morning just after the strike started where some union rep was bitching because even though these guys were making over $50/hr some of them ONLY worked 1000 hours in 2009 which is apparently about half of what they're used to.

Boo fucking hoo... $50k+ isn't a bad paycheck considering you only worked 2.5 days a week and when you're on the job your just leaning on a goddamn shovel. Quit sitting around and complaining about lack of hours and get a second job if your $100k salary is that important.... I think the real complaint is that since everyone's hours were reduced they weren't eligible for for their 2x/3x OT pay... $150/hr for leaning on a shovel is pretty good, you gotta admit.

There are a ton of American families who survive on much less than $50k/yr and don't complain about it, nor have the influence to disrupt hundreds of thousands of commuters every day. I wonder how many people died in the back of ambulances due to traffic jams this year in Chicago.

I vote that the construction jobs and the postal employee jobs be giving to people who actually want them/appreciate having the jobs like some FOB immigrants.
I know I wouldn't want to stand in freezing temps doing physical labor -
Appreciate 0