E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Passenger electric seat- Forward/back and up/down problem

07-02-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Cro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Passenger electric seat- Forward/back and up/down problem

Having an issue with my passenger side M3 seat (drivers works fine)

Tilt function, lumbar and side bolsters work fine but I checked the fuses anyway just to be sure

Forward and backwards and up/down has stopped working, can't see any loose or cut wires when I tilted the seat up to get a look underneath

When pressing the switch to move the seat forward there is a click inside the black box, nothing happens at the motor. When pressing to get it to go back the motor works slightly, but the seat is already as far back as possible anyway. This is the motor attached to the silver horizontal brace.

If the switch is pressed to lower the seat there is a click inside the black box, if you press to raise it I can feel the motor click. This is the motor at the rear of the underside of the seat you see in the photo

Maybe its coincidence both have gone and its just the motors, or something in the black box? Any ideas what to check out? or how can I test the motors? The motor on the silver rail has connections going into both ends so no idea where I would even attached a +ve and -ve 12v

Drivers works fine
Appreciate 0