E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DSC intervention

11-15-2011, 02:58 AM   #23
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaishang View Post
I think one of the most common types of accident which DSC helps prevent is when the nearside wheel ends up in a dirt shoulder, or puddle or whatever and has a lot more drag and/or a lot less traction than the offside wheels.

Driver overcorrects to offside, crosses centre line *BAM*
I'd imagine the most is people coming out of the corner and doing a going full throttle too early, or not correcting during the full throttle.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 02:59 AM   #24
moar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
No matter what your level of expertise

you cannot brake individual wheels like the stability management software

so there is no point in not using it on a road car
Why would I WANT to brake individual wheels ? :/
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2011, 05:05 AM   #25
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post
Just wondering aloud here; if I had an accident and the insurance company could prove I'd switched DSC off (yeah OK, "how would they know?", but humour me please)......would that affect my claim? Could it mean the accident was deemed my fault not the other driver? And might I be open to prosecution for driving without due care?

Point being, intentionally disabling a safety feature - does that expose you to the above consequences? Anyone know?

Mike.
Mike,

As the system defaults to “on”, when car has been turned off (after incident), it will revert to “on” next time ignition is turned on.

IMHO unless they are going to take your vehicle to a dealership and pay to have a diagnostic done (we all know how much BMW try to charge for that) I cannot see how they can find out (unless they are prepared to purchase a system similar to BMW).

Having said that, on a key reader printout I had done once, it did say the DTC/DSC has been disabled, but no time/date provided.

Michael.
Appreciate 0