E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > No boost. Diagnostics help please!

11-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
ASPEC135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sideways always

No boost. Diagnostics help please!

Fixed!

Thanks fellas.

Last edited by ASPEC135i; 11-07-2012 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Did you check the hot side connection to the intercooler?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 and E84 X1 Xdrive35i

Boosting fine before BOV installation. Check all your connections. Your TMAP sensor should be fine. If it was unplugged your cluster would have lit up like a christmas tree.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
ETS Michael
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Helix may be on to something. If you had a bunch of trouble on the cold side and they are now fixed, I would check the hot side as well, but if you didn't install an intercooler, that wouldn't be the case. You removed the connection on the brake booster? Now they work fine? If not, i would check where that connection goes into the intake manifold.

If you can't figure it out. Sometimes it's easier to uninstall it and reinstall it and pay extra close attention to every part of the install.

michael
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
ASPEC135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sideways always

Thanks for the reply guys! Not having boost really sucks. I am driving around and the car's performance is of that of a 1994 corolla.

Please keep the advices/educated speculations coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
Did you check the hot side connection to the intercooler?
Not yet. Never touched this side and didn't think any movements were involved on that side. May have my mechanic take a look at it when the car is on the lift on Monday/Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple3 View Post
Boosting fine before BOV installation. Check all your connections. Your TMAP sensor should be fine. If it was unplugged your cluster would have lit up like a christmas tree.

Yup! I had a healthy amount of boost before BOV installation. All this happening is pretty disappointing, as I was so excited to hear my n54 opened up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETS Michael View Post
Helix may be on to something. If you had a bunch of trouble on the cold side and they are now fixed, I would check the hot side as well, but if you didn't install an intercooler, that wouldn't be the case. You removed the connection on the brake booster? Now they work fine? If not, i would check where that connection goes into the intake manifold.

If you can't figure it out. Sometimes it's easier to uninstall it and reinstall it and pay extra close attention to every part of the install.

michael
Ya my IC is stock. Never touched it.

My brake booster works fine
Appreciate 0