E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > FMINUS....

12-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #23
little 81
Rep
Drives: 335i

Darkcloud (DORKCLOUD) = ignore
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #24
FaintReality
NoUSE4aName
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMINUS View Post
Do you really think all it takes is a foam cannon? think again.

Ever heard of google?

I dont want to give advice on Cannons because they have fitment problems with different types of PWs and hoses. Im not familiar with them and I had to get mine custom made

All it takes? I didn't ask how to go about detailing a car and/or getting results like you achieve. I only asked where to purchase a foam cannon... So if you mean do I think a foam cannon is all it takes to achieve foam, then I would have to say no. Foam cannon, soap, water and pressure washer is all it takes!

I previously had no luck with a google search, but just now did a google search again and found it, so I must have over looked before. Regardless, it would not have killed you to help those of us who could not locate it online, since I am clearely not the only one asking you

As far as fitment issues and not recommending them, thats good to hear and would have been greatly appreciated when I as well as several others inquired about the foam cannon in several of your post! Simple responses like that greatly help and are much appreciated. All you ever mention is a "modified version"... not why you modified it, or where we can purchase

I do like your post and enjoy looking at your pics, but would also greatly appreciate responses to the questions us forum members ask. Its a forum and everyone is going to ask the questions in your post before we do a search, its life, and will always be like that regardless of how many or how often people say to "search". And even if they did search, the only thread that will come up mentioning on where to post is this one and is by myself, not you.

PURCHASE FOAM CANNON HERE http://www.pressureparts.com/Pressure-Part-344030.aspx
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #25
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
ok guys Ill stop posting.....
Sounds good to me. Take care!

A forum is a place to share information with one another. If you don't plan on helping your fellow forum members, then there's not much use for your posts other than just visual. Seeing shiny cars gets kinda old unless we're also learning how to achieve these results. So unless you plan on answering questions and not ignoring them, I have no problem with you not posting here anymore.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #26
dreamk
Banned
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
Sounds good to me. Take care!

A forum is a place to share information with one another. If you don't plan on helping your fellow forum members, then there's not much use for your posts other than just visual. Seeing shiny cars gets kinda old unless we're also learning how to achieve these results. So unless you plan on answering questions and not ignoring them, I have no problem with you not posting here anymore.
go fuck urself Raz335 jealous bitch

FMINUS you are the man nice job every time
i enjoy ur work and they have inspire me to get into detailing
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #27
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: FMINUSDETAIL@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintReality View Post
All it takes? I didn't ask how to go about detailing a car and/or getting results like you achieve. I only asked where to purchase a foam cannon... So if you mean do I think a foam cannon is all it takes to achieve foam, then I would have to say no. Foam cannon, soap, water and pressure washer is all it takes!

I previously had no luck with a google search, but just now did a google search again and found it, so I must have over looked before. Regardless, it would not have killed you to help those of us who could not locate it online, since I am clearely not the only one asking you

As far as fitment issues and not recommending them, thats good to hear and would have been greatly appreciated when I as well as several others inquired about the foam cannon in several of your post! Simple responses like that greatly help and are much appreciated. All you ever mention is a "modified version"... not why you modified it, or where we can purchase

I do like your post and enjoy looking at your pics, but would also greatly appreciate responses to the questions us forum members ask. Its a forum and everyone is going to ask the questions in your post before we do a search, its life, and will always be like that regardless of how many or how often people say to "search". And even if they did search, the only thread that will come up mentioning on where to post is this one and is by myself, not you.

PURCHASE FOAM CANNON HERE http://www.pressureparts.com/Pressure-Part-344030.aspx
and BTW, Im going to be a nice guy and let you know to save your money because the piece that you linked will not produce foam, just soapy water....
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #28
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
I think u all are taking this the wrong way! If u look at teh date of when the OP first started this thread I think its right when FIMINUS started posting here and maybe Darkcloud thought he was a spammer or something!
Either way Fiminus u do GREAT WORK dont let the few haters make u stop posting here. Its quite obvius u have alot of time and money invested into your hobby and yes what works for some people doesnt work for others!!
      12-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by little 81 View Post
Darkcloud (DORKCLOUD) = ignore
Fuck off shitbrick, what do you know little 81 with your 6 posts or are you hiding under another name? You don't know shit. Get out of my thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
I think u all are taking this the wrong way! If u look at teh date of when the OP first started this thread I think its right when FIMINUS started posting here and maybe Darkcloud thought he was a spammer or something!
Either way Fiminus u do GREAT WORK dont let the few haters make u stop posting here. Its quite obvius u have alot of time and money invested into your hobby and yes what works for some people doesnt work for others!!
Exactly, I'm not saying he doesn't do great work, which he obviously does. BUT when he first joined he started about 8 threads just posting pictures of cars he detailed and spoke nothing about his process or what he used. Even when asked he never replied to the questions or conveniently ignored them. That being said, this is a board to learn and share information and he wasn't doing that at the time. FMINUS was not doing so at the time and has since begun to be more helpful and not just showing us pictures.

Sure the cars he detailed and this is the detailing section, yet all he was doing was posting pictures and there is a section dedicated to posting just pictures which was all he was doing. Which started the thread.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #30
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Im not the one with 1200 posts
Yeah, not from bumping threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
fminus forget about the haters i love seeing you threads
I wasn't hating on his work. His work is near perfect. My only single problem was he joined and flooded the section with pictures. Theres a picture section for that. People come to the detailing section for help, info, or to gain a better detailing knowledge. FMINUS was not looking for help or info, and didn't offer to share much knowledge. He has since begun to help out a little more.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 06:40 PM   #31
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Here is an example. whytboy posted back on 12/7 for help in buying a foam cannon http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100101 . FMINUS Obviously has a really good one and has a decent amount of knowledge in the category. Several days have gone by and there are 20 posts with not much help. Yet there are picture threads started by FMINUS throughout this time frame and he didn't have the time to help a guy out yet he did have the time to post a new car he detailed with 15 uploaded pictures.

Get the point.

retired 06 E90 325i

Last edited by darkcloud; 12-16-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #32
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
Yeah, not from bumping threads.
yep but are from "hate" threads
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #33
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is an example. whytboy posted back on 12/7 for help in buying a foam cannon http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100101 . FMINUS Obviously has a really good one and has a decent amount of knowledge in the category. Several days have gone by and there are 20 posts with not much help. Yet there are picture threads started by FMINUS throughout this time frame and he didn't have the time to help a guy out yet he did have the time to post a new car he detailed with 15 uploaded pictures.

Get the point.
Wow, I still dont think you get my point about the foam guns....
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #34
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamk View Post

Spoken like a true 5 year old.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #35
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I wasn't hating on his work. His work is near perfect. My only single problem was he joined and flooded the section with pictures. Theres a picture section for that. People come to the detailing section for help, info, or to gain a better detailing knowledge. FMINUS was not looking for help or info, and didn't offer to share much knowledge. He has since begun to help out a little more.
So now Ive been helping "a little more" you find it appropriate to bash me? Like I said, I have nothing to gain from posting here, and apparently neither do you so I will no longer post any details nor "help" (which I guess I dont do anyways).
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #36
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamk View Post

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:13 PM   #37
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
From one enthusiast to to another
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #38
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
yep but are from "hate" threads
negative.
Quote:
Wow, I still dont think you get my point about the foam guns....
enlighten me...
Quote:
So now Ive been helping "a little more" you find it appropriate to bash me? Like I said, I have nothing to gain from posting here, and apparently neither do you so I will no longer post any details nor "help" (which I guess I dont do anyways).
Yeah a little more. I never, not once, bashed you. Read back through the thread. Did I once every say anything bad about you other then you haven't been very helpful? No I didn't. I said you do nice work. I've never been in any of your picture threads to "bash" you either.

I don't hate your or am I trying to hate on you, just wish that you would maybe speak more openly of your ways or maybe give tips, not just post "FMINUS DETAILED: XXX CAR" with a bunch of pictures and no info. Or maybe when someone asks some questions, help them out. I've went through nearly every one of those threads and you hardly ever reply nor gives tips on how you performed the work.

There are several professional detailers on this board and all of them will offer all the help they can providing every tip they know to help the fellow members out. They don't lose anything from doing so, yet you seem like you have these uber super secret practices that no other detailer in the world knows of and don't want to share anything.

That is all.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #39
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

...do we need this kind of thread?

please stop pissing off fminus. i enjoy looking at his picture/posts.
some useful information about products.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #40
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
negative.

enlighten me...

Yeah a little more. I never, not once, bashed you. Read back through the thread. Did I once every say anything bad about you other then you haven't been very helpful? No I didn't. I said you do nice work. I've never been in any of your picture threads to "bash" you either.

I don't hate your or am I trying to hate on you, just wish that you would maybe speak more openly of your ways or maybe give tips, not just post "FMINUS DETAILED: XXX CAR" with a bunch of pictures and no info. Or maybe when someone asks some questions, help them out. I've went through nearly every one of those threads and you hardly ever reply nor gives tips on how you performed the work.

There are several professional detailers on this board and all of them will offer all the help they can providing every tip they know to help the fellow members out. They don't lose anything from doing so, yet you seem like you have these uber super secret practices that no other detailer in the world knows of and don't want to share anything.

That is all.
Understood, and I apologize if I became too defensive. But once again, I really dont get whats the "secret" with everything?

Wash, clay, polish, seal, then wax? Nothing special? Many of the "professional" detailers do not like what I use, and I dont like what they use, but we all achieve the same results. I dont get what there is to tell? And THERE ARE NO SECRETS?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #41
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last E92 M3 View Post
...do we need this kind of thread?

please stop pissing off fminus. i enjoy looking at his picture/posts.
some useful information about products.
I'm not trying to piss him off, I'm trying to understand why he won't help.

He has begun to list the products he uses, which is a start. But in every single one of those threads there are a couple questions of how something was used or how it was performed and he doesn't answer. I don't understand the need not to answer or the reason to keep the info to himself.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:31 PM   #42
Last E92 M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
I'm not trying to piss him off, I'm trying to understand why he won't help.

He has begun to list the products he uses, which is a start. But in every single one of those threads there are a couple questions of how something was used or how it was performed and he doesn't answer. I don't understand the need not to answer or the reason to keep the info to himself.
yeah i just checked out majority of posts...not much info except one post lol
a long list of products that he uses.

if he doesn't want to help others, i guess we can't do much about it;
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #43
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Understood, and I apologize if I became too defensive. But once again, I really dont get whats the "secret" with everything?

Wash, clay, polish, seal, then wax? Nothing special? Many of the "professional" detailers do not like what I use, and I dont like what they use, but we all achieve the same results. I dont get what there is to tell? And THERE ARE NO SECRETS?!?!?
Ok cool! No offense but you almost make it seem like a secret. I'm actually going to buy the interior stuff that smells like apples from you talking about it. It's just that some of the people in the detailing section are trying to learn the ways of detailing and the resident pro detailers can't always respond and as much as I may know as an enthusiast detailer I can't respond to everything since I may not use a product or a certain practice.

You seem to have a great deal of wealth on the subject. Some dudes honestly will seriously need you to walk them through a step by step of how to properly wash a car. People don't understand that detailing is a lot more in depth then a typical car wash until they find out and will then need to be walked through it. You may think it's boring or maybe even above your knowledge but your work is great and the more knowledge you can spread the more great looking cars there will be driving the roads.

retired 06 E90 325i

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #44
FMINUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok cool! No offense but you almost make it seem like a secret. I'm actually going to buy the interior stuff that smells like apples from you talking about it. It's just that some of the people in the detailing section are trying to learn the ways of detailing and the resident pro detailers can't always respond and as much as I may know as an enthusiast detailer I can't respond to everything since I may not use a product or a certain practice.

You seem to have a great deal of wealth on the subject. Some dudes honestly will seriously need you to walk them through a step by step of how to properly wash a car. People don't understand that detailing is a lot more in depth then a typical car wash until they find out and will then need to be walked through it. You may think it's boring or maybe even above your knowledge but your work is great and the more knowledge you can spread the more great looking cars there will be driving the roads.
What interior stuff like apples?
Appreciate 0