E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Definitive Motors in Bellevue, WA

04-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
the_shark
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: space gray shark

yea i bought the space gray 6sp with red interior picked it up this weekend from them
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #24
DFR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Evo IX MR/X5d w/Adaptive Drive

^So true!^

I would never buy a car from definitive motors. Their CS is horrible, their cars are all rebuilt vehicles with frame damage or flood damage.

If you are looking to buy a car why not buy from private seller? The above post is so true. Car dealerships like definitive are all out to screw you over.
If I ever bought a used car I would only buy from the manufacturers dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #25
98005xi
Just a lowly, lowly cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PribumiTulen View Post
What would you do if you were in my position?
I'm planning to get a mechanic inspection for this car, but they keep insisting me to sign "pre buyer" consignment and put 1K down, so basically they will hold the car for me in case there are other buyers for the car. Honestly, i'm not really sure about signing that document because i read some pretty nasty reviews that a customer have a hard time to get their 1K back because the customer cancelled the purchase from Definitive.
This is only my opinion, but I would never let a salesperson ever pressure me into a deal. You have the money and you're the shopper - you have the power to always walk away with your money BEFORE the purchase. But see how quickly you can arrange your inspection - hope it all works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpphreakx06 View Post
Just think that every dealership, small or big, is out to fuck you. They're motherfuckers, its just the nature of the business. You have to be diligent and do your homework.

Pribumi, I would even look into buying a car from Oregon or Cali and driving it back up.
+1 on Tuan's advice. I've been in sales for years - it's absolutely true. But there are tims that both sides can come out winners. Just do your homework and always be aware.

There seems be to greater variety available down in CA, but that's a long haul (from alot of experience). OR seems like a better idea, but the tax savings is negated since you need to provide your actual state of residency and intended registration. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #26
PribumiTulen
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFR View Post
^So true!^

I would never buy a car from definitive motors. Their CS is horrible, their cars are all rebuilt vehicles with frame damage or flood damage.

If you are looking to buy a car why not buy from private seller? The above post is so true. Car dealerships like definitive are all out to screw you over.
If I ever bought a used car I would only buy from the manufacturers dealership.
lol i agree with you about CS, these guys sucks. I have checked the carfax and autocheck for this vehicle, they are clean. Well, there is not much private seller that sells their E92, and i can't find it around greater Seattle area.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #27
natelam
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i SG MT

Before I got my car I checked Keros and Definitive because they seemed to have the most 335i available. The problem when I checked the cars is that they are always missing parts. Either it's 1 key or the windshields or something on the lining is cracked but they won't wanna fix it. Rumors are they they do take it form auctions that are rebuilt. good luck though!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #28
PribumiTulen
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natelam View Post
Before I got my car I checked Keros and Definitive because they seemed to have the most 335i available. The problem when I checked the cars is that they are always missing parts. Either it's 1 key or the windshields or something on the lining is cracked but they won't wanna fix it. Rumors are they they do take it form auctions that are rebuilt. good luck though!
I found that the carfax and autocheck are clean, Is it possible for them to get it rebuilt without anything shows on the report and they managed to sell the cars with clean title?
That's scary as hell
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
princessvee_888
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by natelam View Post
so i bought my car from keros ... and when i bought it they only had one key for me, and the entire 3-4 hours i spent at their place signing paperwork and stuff, they were "looking" for the key for me. at the same time they were supposedly detailing my car, and buffing out a few minor scratches i found on the car.

right after i purchased my car everything was fine for 2-3 days. then all of a sudden i couldn't unlock 3 of my doors and 1 door refused to lock. so i brought it into BMW of Bellevue, where they spent 3 days "fixing" the problem and ordered 3 new locks for me. i checked all the doors after leaving and everything was fine so i drove to work. as soon as i got to work, that 1 door that never locked before, still remained un-lockable. so i brought it back to BMW again and they fixed it again.

sorry for the rant, but my point of this story was .... while at the BMW dealership for the SECOND time to fix the SAME problem ... they discovered that the spare key that keros had spent "3-4 hours 'looking' for" ... was for some reason hidden IN THE HOOD. i didn't understand this much.

but besides the missing key story, keros had great customer service and were able to work out a good deal for me seeing as my parents had bought cars from them previously, and they knew i worked full-time & am a full-time student. +1 for keros customer service.

as for definitive motors ... my parents said everything with the car they bought, and other cars they looked at seemed fine (carfax and all) ... but the MAJOR issue that they had with them was customer service. -1 for definitive motors customer service.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #30
Blacksapphiref06
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F06

Garage List
2013 BMW F06  [9.90]
2007 BMW M6  [8.50]
Got a Lexus RX 330 from them 2 years ago, the car showed clean carfax but turned out there was an accident damaged the rear fenders and possibly the rear tailgate. CS I agree is not very good. Will NEVER go back there again ever.

07 BMW M6 E63 [ Space Grey on Black Nappa Leather ]

13 BMW 640i F06 [ Black Sapphire on Cinnamon Brown Leather ]
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #31
Blacksapphiref06
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: F06

Garage List
2013 BMW F06  [9.90]
2007 BMW M6  [8.50]
I bought my car from Kero's. I know the owner because my friends got cars from there too. Cars in their inventory are good, but you must carefully choose them because some parts can be missing. Alas, their price is cheap too.

07 BMW M6 E63 [ Space Grey on Black Nappa Leather ]

13 BMW 640i F06 [ Black Sapphire on Cinnamon Brown Leather ]
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #32
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e92

the salesperson in Kero seems to know nothing about bimmer, once i test drive a 535i there, and the gas is not really responsive and the brake pedal is kind of holding back, and the suspension feel is sucks. talked to the salesman the problem and he is only saying: ow, maybe its on low gas. wtf
Btw i really hate the owner keep telling that they are only making profit of $500 from me, while they are selling rebuilt cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #33
DFR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Dealer auctions that sell these vehicles NEVER report anything to carfax or autocheck or any other place that consumers have access to, therefore everything will be clean.

So unless you get to see a condition report or photos from when the dealer bought the car at the auction, for all you know the car may have been chopped up in half and
welded back in some "no name bodyshop" the dealer owns.

THIS is how these stealerships are able to offer such prices vs. lets say BMW of Seattle as BMW Seattle would never sell a car with any previous damage.

Remember the saying "if it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #34
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

DFR, you don't drive the gray evo MR I see around, do you?

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #35
DFR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yes, mine is graphite grey. Where did you spot me?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #36
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
LOL.. PM please about Keros or Definitive...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:47 PM   #37
BMXtreme
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Dealer auctions that sell these vehicles NEVER report anything to carfax or autocheck or any other place that consumers have access to, therefore everything will be clean.

So unless you get to see a condition report or photos from when the dealer bought the car at the auction, for all you know the car may have been chopped up in half and
welded back in some "no name bodyshop" the dealer owns.

THIS is how these stealerships are able to offer such prices vs. lets say BMW of Seattle as BMW Seattle would never sell a car with any previous damage.

Remember the saying "if it's sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Wow, you really thought so? THIS is a CPO that was sold at BMW Seattle
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #38
lpphreakx06
Professional Moose Racer
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: SG 335i E92 RIP + 2015 SS M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXtreme View Post

Yeah, like I stated there arent ANY good dealerships, that includes the bigger ones.

Quote:
Yes, mine is graphite grey. Where did you spot me?
Plenty of times, maybe different gray evo's every time lol.

On main street yesterday, 148th couple days ago, 156th a few times. lol Anything that is distinguishable about yours? You ever remember spotting me?

BMW Dream Team PNW Chapter, member #1
|HP Autowerks | AR DESIGN | BMW PERFORMANCE | STOP TECH | Volk Racing| AMS | ARKYM
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #39
DFR
Second Lieutenant
Rep

An accident reported on carfax is anything over $500 worth of damage. On a newer BMW that could be as small as a scratch. I believe we were talking about savage/rebuilt title cars that would normally have that mark on the title but don't due to the way the dealer auctions work. Anyway, I as I've said earlier, if buying used, I would buy from a private seller or an actual BMW dealer.

My Evo has rally armor mud flaps and a front plate mounted on the pass side.
Most likely it was me as those are the streets I usually use. I think
I have seen you ride also on 148th.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 12:48 AM   #40
PribumiTulen
Indonesia
Rep

Thanks for the inputs guys, i'll keep that in mind
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 02:29 AM   #41
anthoj
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i AW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXtreme View Post
I have been so ignorant about the CPO thing. I bought my car CPO, didn't even bother looking at the Carfax and just assumed it was clean and had no accident/damage. It's too late now I guess but good info man!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #42
Elbejoubmw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i coupe

All dealerships are out there to make money, its business. Whether you chose to purchase from them is your homework to work on. For some people to just say that Kero's has repo and rebuilt cars is to blunt. I purchased my car from there and it was under warranty and is running like a champ. When buying used German cars you always hope and wish that the previous owner took good care of it. The cars kero's get are from Manheim, which is the biggest car auction company in there US. Most of the cars keros get are lease returns. All I'm saying is Kero's has the best prices, and if you like a car from there they wont stop you from taking it to a mechanic to get it checked on!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #43
DefinitiveM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5

Is Definitive Motors reputable??

I don't want to speak for any other dealer, but let me just say that we have been around in Bellevue for 30+ years. We are family owned business, we started with our service shop LBR Auto Repair in 1976 and started Definitive Motors in 1998. All our cars under go a full inspection at our shop and we get 95% of our cars are from DEALER ONLY auctions which consist of BMW financial lease returns, BANK Repos (which we don't buy often) and dealer trades in (which we buy consistently). We don't deal with rebuilt cars, salvage, flood cars, etc, Most of our cars still has factory warranty. We offer free carfax reports on all of our inventory and if we're such a shady establishment, then I don't think we be in business so long and sell so many cars....Read our reviews online and you will see for yourself.

Our prices are good, because are a wholesale dealer by keeping our overhead low, which equals to savings for the customer. This is why we sell 50-60 luxury cars a month....

Thanks for reading my post.

Definitive Motors
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #44
Blackbird
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 Graphite Metallic

Garage List
2007 E90  [0.00]
Buying Advice

I would recommend taking extra precaution when buying from any "corner lot," including one that has been around a long time. But, every stealership is out to get you. That said, there can be good deals out there. You just have to be willing to do your homework.

1. Run a free VIN check on the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) site. You’ll find out if the car has ever been reported stolen or as a salvage title.
https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud...check/vincheck

2. Run a Carfax or Autocheck report. Both offer limited “guarantees” that if something has been reported to them, they’ll included it on the report. Frankly, not much of a guarantee, but it gives you some additional information. Some are of the opinion that Autocheck offers more information than Carfax, and for less money. I’m among those.

3. If you are buying from a “corner lot” used car dealer, they likely purchased the car at auction from Manheim / OVE.com. Ask where they bought the car. If they tell you at auction, ask for a copy of the auction report. Much more is disclosed here than on any Carfax/Autocheck.

Through an arbitration process, the dealer purchasing the car at auction may return the car within 14 days if they discover undisclosed damage. As such, sellers tend to disclose all available information for the auction. Not all auto body shops report to Carfax and Autocheck. Cars have been known to look clean on a Carfax when in fact the frame has been damaged. Again, Carfax only reports what has been reported to it.

The Manheim policies aren’t perfect, but they’re one more piece of info.
http://mmsc400.manheim.com/MABEL/html/autograde.html
https://www2.manheim.com/market_policies?WT.ac=ManTWI

If the dealer won't show you the auction report, that's a huge red flag. Run, do not walk, as fast as you can in the other direction.

4. Get a pre-purchase inspection (PPI) done by a qualified mechanic before you buy. Eastside Bavarian and Strictly BMW are two good local shops for this.

5. Read the Washington Department of Licensing’s page on buying a car. http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...uyingacar.html

Appreciate 0