E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > N53 e92 Injector Replacement and coding ISTA - Still runs rough - What have i missed?

02-20-2022, 08:23 PM   #1
M80DCX
The Girl With The Skills!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 N53 - 330i msport

Garage List
N53 e92 Injector Replacement and coding ISTA - Still runs rough - What have i missed?

Hi All

So the run of this post is to see if anyone has the answer to my e92 nightmare lol - So i drive a 2008 e92 330i m sport n53 - I have been through approximately 6 months of the dreaded P3090 Plausibility fault code and recently swapped out all 6 injectors... i worked in ISTA to set the coding values for each injector and the system saved the data.... since the swap out im having a brand new fun issue lol... basically she runs crazy lumpy on cold start still, may or may not throw up a misfire code but once running a couple minutes she runs sweet as she ever has (So Happy Dance Time)

...BUT...

I cant give her any sort of power?!!!... I can smoothly run through gears 1 2 3 if you imagine a steady (upto) 30mph town driving conditions, but say i need to overtake, if i accelerate too quickly its like shes being starved of fuel?!...she will hiccup as if just on the brink of a missfire and of course by then i ease off and she settles back down to a steady pace...

Anyone know what could be causing this issue?

If it helps i have swapped out pretty much the ENTIRE fuel system in mechanical terms, new LPFP, HPFP, Rail, Injectors x6, HPFP pressure sensor, Rail sensor, have bled the fuel system after the injector replacement, i made sure all stored fault codes were deleted, reset adaptations, run the 100miles it can take for adaptations to take effect...im lost, like proper lost now

Problem is i wanted to test each new injector by triggering through ISTA but it just comes up with SYS-0010 INITIALIZATION ERROR and doesnt let me do anything else.... soooo my next step was to activate the Smooth Run Control on ISTA and go from there but would be awesome to see if ive missed something here?

Any help, advice or anything would be massively appreciated... Thanks