E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > I've been riding her for sooo long and still...I have a blast :)

12-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #67
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

@ OP: What really matters here, is that you own a BMW (an N54! nonetheless), and you love it! End of story. You sir, are a BMW enthusiast!

I like your car, because I can tell it is exactly how you want it. Stick to your guns. Anyone who does not drive your car, does not get a say in what to do with it or how it should look! Thanks for posting! (BTW: I can't believe you let your daughter -very cute- take markers to YOUR WHITE BMW!) ))
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #68
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Nope....sorry guys stays as it is...I happen to like it just like that. Different folks different strokes I guess.

Btw I made the badge my self.
      12-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #69
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasVS View Post
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by shicobico View Post
@ OP: What really matters here, is that you own a BMW (an N54! nonetheless), and you love it! End of story. You sir, are a BMW enthusiast!

I like your car, because I can tell it is exactly how you want it. Stick to your guns. Anyone who does not drive your car, does not get a say in what to do with it or how it should look! Thanks for posting! (BTW: I can't believe you let your daughter -very cute- take markers to YOUR WHITE BMW!) ))
Thanks, the little one sneaked away from me and took her washable markers to the car, I got to see her deed only after she had done it. I hold accountable the M3 art car for this make up of my vehicle
Her exact words were "Daddy its pretty like the tootoo in the book"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #70
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
All that aside....you sir, could probably make a commercial for BMW with the kids, just like this one for Subaru. No way I would let anyone do that to my car.
Thats the exact same commerical I was thinking of when I saw this post. If my kid even come close to my car with a magic marker or wash my interior with a garden hose, he or she would be grounded for days and I dont think that is prioritized my car over my kids, I think that is teaching my kids what is right and wrong, teaching them a life lesson and respecting other people's property.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #71
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
If my kid even come close to my car with a magic marker or wash my interior with a garden hose, he or she would be grounded for days and I dont think that is prioritized my car over my kids, I think that is teaching my kids what is right and wrong, teaching them a life lesson and respecting other people's property.
You may rest your case now, how could you assume that I was OK with her action?

Incidentally, She was three years old at the time. What would you have me do to a three year old toddler? I did speak to her in a caring manner and explained to her that When it comes to daddy's car I feel the same way Mommy does when it comes to her walls.

And to inform you, she is now a seven year old young lady whom I believe (Based on observations) is a very docile, respectful little lady.

Please refrain from posting in my threads ever again sir, I am trying to save you from the prodigality of your time.

By the way I sincerely thank you for your parenting lessons.

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 12-05-2012 at 12:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #72
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Those are washable markers for kids. Guys relax its comes off 100% even after its been dry for days. OP I will be in the same boat as you as to owning the car for years to come. Probably pass it on to my son. My car doesn't have nearly as much miles as you as I only have 10k on my 2007. What is the best part is that I have ZERO car payment for years to come. Even though its already out dated as the new F32 is Coming out, but if you keep it as nice as yours and mine is, it will always look and feel like a prestigious car. I don't fancy having the latest model year car as long as mine still looks pristine and no mechanical failure. Good job on the up keep of your car.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #73
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quite frankly it isn't anyone's business. OP was simply sharing a feel good story, and everyone has to throw in their opinions.
Hilarious really.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #74
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightcashhomie View Post
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a crap what you do to your car. You like it so good for you, I personally don't but I respect what you do to your car. Now on the other side wow 120k miles ! More details on maintenance or Any major headaches?

Congrats on hitting 120
      12-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #75
The X Men
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You may rest your case now, how could you assume that I was OK with her action?

Incidentally, She was three years old at the time. What would you have me do to a three year old toddler? I did speak to her in a caring manner and explained to her that When it comes to daddy's car I feel the same way Mommy does when it comes to her walls.

And to inform you, she is now a seven year old young lady whom I believe (Based on observations) is a very docile, respectful little lady.

Please refrain from posting in my threads ever again sir, I am trying to save you from the prodigality of your time.

By the way I sincerely thank you for your parenting lessons.
I am sorry greek, this is by no mean your thread. You are forgeting this is a public forum, if you want a private thread, you need to start up your own website.
I never said you were ok with your daughter drawing on your car, you said that. All I said is what I would do if it was my kids. I also find it strange that when you saw what she did to your car, your first reaction was to take a picture of it instaed of pulling her away and have a talk with her. Also, comparing a car's paint job to a wall in the house is a bad example, a wall cost $20 to repaint while a car cost thousands.
I am sure your daughter is a fine young lady, I never said otherwise, so dont be so defensive. It looks like you dont need any parenting lessons from me, you are doing fine by yourself.

Last edited by The X Men; 12-05-2012 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 01:32 PM   #76
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

car looks good! you should fix the fitment of your front bumper (gap between hood and bumper) and trunk fitment (gap between bottom of trunk and bumper) though, but really clean car for such high millage!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #77
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
car looks good! you should fix the fitment of your front bumper (gap between hood and bumper) and trunk fitment (gap between bottom of trunk and bumper) though, but really clean car for such high millage!
Thank you.

Honestly from up close the trunk doesn't seem to have a fitment issue, it is the angle of the picture, you are very right though to notice the front bumper, here's hope that the new front apron that is going on in the next few weeks will be a flush fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #78
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am sorry greek, this is by no mean your thread. You are forgeting this is a public forum, if you want a private thread, you need to start up your own website.
I never said you were ok with your daughter drawing on your car, you said that. All I said is what I would do if it was my kids. I also find it strange that when you saw what she did to your car, your first reaction was to take a picture of it instaed of pulling her away and have a talk with her. Also, comparing a car's paint job to a wall in the house is a bad example, a wall cost $20 to repaint while a car cost thousands.
I am sure your daughter is a fine young lady, I never said otherwise, so dont be so defensive. It looks like you dont need any parenting lessons from me, you are doing fine by yourself.

All is excused dear sir, and I am sorry if I came across as defensive, it must be my "Greek temperament" I see you are from MA? I grew up in Dedham, MA.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #79
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Those are washable markers for kids. Guys relax its comes off 100% even after its been dry for days. OP I will be in the same boat as you as to owning the car for years to come. Probably pass it on to my son. My car doesn't have nearly as much miles as you as I only have 10k on my 2007. What is the best part is that I have ZERO car payment for years to come. Even though its already out dated as the new F32 is Coming out, but if you keep it as nice as yours and mine is, it will always look and feel like a prestigious car. I don't fancy having the latest model year car as long as mine still looks pristine and no mechanical failure. Good job on the up keep of your car.
I remember you from all the way back in 2007 from various posts, your car is very impressive, HOW have you managed to keep it @ 10K? that's incredible.

I am planning on keeping mines for a long time as well, I do commute alot, I am based out of Miami and live in Palm beach, that's 120 miles round trip done every 4 Days.

I am honestly looking into leasing a 6 Series Grand Coupe next year, but I would like to see what the new 4 Series coupe will look like, and from what circulates around the internet, I might even be willing to see what the next Lexus IS is going to look like, I kinda like the form it has taken as a concept.
Attached Images

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 12-05-2012 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #80
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Thank you.

Honestly from up close the trunk doesn't seem to have a fitment issue, it is the angle of the picture, you are very right though to notice the front bumper, here's hope that the new front apron that is going on in the next few weeks will be a flush fit.
oh that's good, i noticed i had a gap in the same area after i installed new grills, you can try to loosen those 4 screws that you remove to get to the grill and then push your bumper tighter and tighten the screws, solved my problem!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #81
The X Men
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
All is excused dear sir, and I am sorry if I came across as defensive, it must be my "Greek temperament" I see you are from MA? I grew up in Dedham, MA.

Best regards
Greek, I meant no disrespect from any of my comments. My Boston mentality sometimes comes across as offensive. Your car is in amazing shape considering the mileage.
I have a good friend from Dedham, I am from Newton myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #82
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Greek, I meant no disrespect from any of my comments. My Boston mentality sometimes comes across as offensive. Your car is in amazing shape considering the mileage.
I have a good friend from Dedham, I am from Newton myself.
That Boston mentality is exactly what I have

We only moved down south 7 Years ago, I have sincerely missed Jamica Way's winding road.

You should see how I get locals going when I tell them that "My geographic location doesn't have any effect on my allegiance of my teams" Pats and Red Sox

Emmanuel.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #83
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
This post encourages me considering all the negative posts about '07 N54 around here. Congrats to you on your successful 120k! Here's to hoping I'll manage the next 60 (currently at 64k and running amazingly) without much craziness. Still trying to figure out whether to bother with extended warranty when CPO runs out next year. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #84
The X Men
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That Boston mentality is exactly what I have

We only moved down south 7 Years ago, I have sincerely missed Jamica Way's winding road.

You should see how I get locals going when I tell them that "My geographic location doesn't have any effect on my allegiance of my teams" Pats and Red Sox

Emmanuel.
That Boston mentality and my OCD for cars gets me in trouble all the time, my wife tells me I have a sickness

BMW are made for roads like Jamaica way or Storrow drive, Florida's straight roads gets boring after a while.

Go Pats !!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #85
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Really nice car man. Congrats on the 120k mark.. Hope it runs strong for the next 120k!

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #86
Shermanator2411
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6sp Sport pkg

Beautiful car OP, glad its been so reliable! Let the haters hate, it looks great! Im coming up on 100k in my 330i and hope it last another 100k.

I think the badge looks awesome, nice touch to an already sexy rear end. Also looks like you have a military plate? Thanks for your service!

Congrats on 120k and heres to another 120k!

2006 330i//Alpine White//Terra//6 Speed//Sport Package//Premium Package//19'' LM Reps//Blacklines//BMS PowerBox
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #87
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92driva View Post
Really nice car man. Congrats on the 120k mark.. Hope it runs strong for the next 120k!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shermanator2411 View Post
Beautiful car OP, glad its been so reliable! Let the haters hate, it looks great! Im coming up on 100k in my 330i and hope it last another 100k.

I think the badge looks awesome, nice touch to an already sexy rear end. Also looks like you have a military plate? Thanks for your service!

Congrats on 120k and heres to another 120k!
Thanks guys

It's an Air force plate, I fly commercially now

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #88
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]