E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 2007 335xi Coding help needed...

09-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
I6+TT=FTW
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi Sedan Jet Black

E90 2007 335xi Coding help needed...

Good morning BMW people.

I finally want to correct some issues with this car, and am trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

I have an Adaptive Headlight Warning light on (I know the problem and could care less if the headlights adjust around corners, so i want to code that out).

I want to remove the seatbelt dinging (my dog sets it off sitting in the passenger seat, very annoying)

I want my angel eyes to be my daytime running light.

I want the car to beep or make some sort of noise when i lock and unlock the car (currently silent).

And any other suggestions for popular coding features.

Now HOW should I do all of this? Any vendors doing this remotely? Because honestly every time I read a coding thread I just get confused.

I have found a thread for someone sort of local that does free coding, but questioning that since I have heard the 2007 models are weird and have to be done a little differently (could be way off on that).

Your help is much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
I6+TT=FTW
Banned
United_States
Rep

no suggestions from anyone huh? Does everyone just do this themselves and I'm just the dumb one?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW View Post
Good morning BMW people.

I finally want to correct some issues with this car, and am trying to figure out the best way to go about it.
Ok lets get at this then.

Quote:
I have an Adaptive Headlight Warning light on (I know the problem and could care less if the headlights adjust around corners, so i want to code that out).
I guess you can code it out but why not fix it? Most likely your level gearing jumped out or so.

Quote:
I want to remove the seatbelt dinging (my dog sets it off sitting in the passenger seat, very annoying)
Easily done via coding but why not keep dog in backseat? Way more safer than front eh?

Quote:
I want my angel eyes to be my daytime running light.
Doable.

Quote:
I want the car to beep or make some sort of noise when i lock and unlock the car (currently silent)

Alarm need to be installed for this to work.

Quote:
And any other suggestions for popular coding features.
Plenty to choose from. Windows Up with fob. digital speedo,...

Quote:
Now HOW should I do all of this? Any vendors doing this remotely? Because honestly every time I read a coding thread I just get confused.
Why not DIY? Software is all over the place or like you said do it remotely.

Quote:
I have found a thread for someone sort of local that does free coding, but questioning that since I have heard the 2007 models are weird and have to be done a little differently (could be way off on that).
Yes it is different as much have changed since 07. being 6 yr old an all..

Quote:
Your help is much appreciated.
Your welcome and start ing
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #4
I6+TT=FTW
Banned
United_States
Rep

i just spent $750 fixing the xenon on the other side, and don't want to spend more fixing something that doesn't really matter (i could care less about my headlights turning when i turn "failed stepper motor", as long as the light works.

Dog usually sits in the back, but sometimes wants to be up front when it is just the two of us for a long drive.

DRLs as halos i REALLY want.

k, no alarm, no beep,gotcha.

i actually have already found the spreadsheets with different coding possibilities, just wanted people's recommendations on stuff they liked and use.

DIYing was just sketchy because the programs seem complicated to me, but maybe i just havent read/seen enough yet

I have actually searched quite a bit, just can't seem to find VENDORS, professionals willing to code remotely (so i don't screw up the cars computer! lol)
Other than Wedge offering Alpina I havent found much.

Guess I should just buy a cable...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 03:11 AM   #5
xelion
Banned
Rep
Drives: 320d

Send me PM I can't PM you.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #6
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6+TT=FTW
i just spent $750 fixing the xenon on the other side, and don't want to spend more fixing something that doesn't really matter (i could care less about my headlights turning when i turn "failed stepper motor", as long as the light works.

Dog usually sits in the back, but sometimes wants to be up front when it is just the two of us for a long drive.

DRLs as halos i REALLY want.

k, no alarm, no beep,gotcha.

i actually have already found the spreadsheets with different coding possibilities, just wanted people's recommendations on stuff they liked and use.

DIYing was just sketchy because the programs seem complicated to me, but maybe i just havent read/seen enough yet

I have actually searched quite a bit, just can't seem to find VENDORS, professionals willing to code remotely (so i don't screw up the cars computer! lol)
Other than Wedge offering Alpina I havent found much.

Guess I should just buy a cable...
I see. DIY is fairly easy not as complicated as you would think. Quite tiresome if the software isnt properly setup but once it is it is great. You just need to figure if you want to learn by investing some time reading and $100.

Alarm can be retrofitted. The kit costs ~$270. You'd have to find out if your car is pre-wired first tho. Few tools might be needed.

Remote coding most likely they will charge you for their time. Stuff you need done is pretty easy IMO. I'll recommend this as the year of your car might need some extra time.
      09-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Send me an email nate5ks@gmail.com or 9043091925
Appreciate 0