E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2001 BMW 330i TiAg Silver / Red Leather Sport & Cold Weather Pkgs 5 Speed

06-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 330i

2001 BMW 330i TiAg Silver / Red Leather Sport & Cold Weather Pkgs 5 Speed

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
It's about that time…

I've had my 330 for over 2 years now and have loved every bit of it, but it's time to let it go. I've put ~200 miles (yes, 200 total miles) on the car in the past 7 months. I spend every week on the east coast for work and only come back to IL once every month or two - I've been storing the car at my parent's in the meantime. I also bought a motorcycle in Spring and ride that when I'm back in town instead of driving.

This car has been around the country and back under my ownership and I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere at the drop of a hat. Prior to traveling every week for work this year, I went on a 13 state road trip which included IN, OH, PA, GA, TN, etc. The car didn't miss a beat.

I've had a lot of cars (21 in total in the past 5 years) - this is the best I've ever owned. I usually switch vehicles every 4-6 months, I've owned this 330 for nearly 3 years - the longest I've ever owned any vehicle. It's a perfect combo of performance and luxury. Small things make the biggest difference and the car's great options have made it the most enjoyable BMW I've ever owned. It's disappointing to let a car like this go when I worked so hard to find it, but I've held onto it long enough and there really is no reason for me to own a car at this point.

Specs:
2001 BMW 330i
5 Speed Manual
186,700 miles
TiAg Silver exterior
Red leather interior
Sport Package (sport seats, 17" wheels, sport suspension)
Cold Weather Package (heated seats, heated mirrors)
Fold down seats
Manual front seats
Xenon Headlights

Aftermarket add-ons:
- Clear front corner lights
- Clear sidemarkers
- LED clear and red tail lights
- OEM BMW ZHP shift knob

Recent Maintenance (in the past 5k miles):
- NGK spark plugs
- Velocity Motorcars heavy duty adjustable swaybar links
- New battery
- Fuel pump
- Windshield wipers
- OEM washer fluid pump
- Fuel filter
- Throttle body boot
- Mass Air Flow (MAF)
- Oil and Coolant flushes w/Purolator filters (always 5w30 fully synthetic every 3k miles)
- Windshield (rock on the highway made a small divot - I don't believe in windshield fillers)
- Front OEM control arm bushings
- Full alignment
- Rear shock mounts

Exterior Condition: 7.5/10
The exterior is in great shape for the car's age and mileage. It cleans up considerably better than anything I've seen with similar mileage. I ran a carfax prior to buying the car - it was clean and the car has not been in any collisions since my ownership. There a few small dings here and there, as well as a few rock chips on the hood, but the car is in very good shape (as shown in the pictures) overall. The wheels do have minor brake dust pitting as well as some curb rash. I haven't had the time to do this season's full detail because of travel, but swirls, scratches, and scrapes are minimal with the rear bumper being the only panel showing any wear. The driver side mirror has begun to brown since the car has been in storage which I noticed this afternoon. It's definitely not perfect, but the car cleans up very well as you can see. I'd rather be over-critical for potential buyers and have tried to be as such in this posting.

Interior Condition: 8/10
The carpet, seats, and all plastics are in very good condition. The driver seat shows the most wear, but again is minimal for the car's age and mileage. The rear seats are in very good condition. The headliner is also clean, with the front pillars being the only items showing minor marks (from the guys who replaced the windshield). Everything works - heated seats, radio and speakers, fold down rear seats, etc. The color combo is extremely rare with the options listed above and the car gets compliments all the time. The car has never been smoked in and it carries no odors or abnormal smells. The leather is clean and soft as I conditioned it regularly.

Mechanical: 8/10
I've done considerable preventative maintenance to keep the car in tip top shape. It's never let me down and I expect it to do the same for the new owner. The car has great power and rides extremely well. No funny clunks or shakes, it's reliable and has a steady idol. Brakes, tires, and cooling system were replaced right before I bought the car and still have plenty of life. All of the electronics work as they should. The driver side rear tail light has an led out and can be seen upon startup on the dash, the light disappears at the first press of the brake pedal. The throwout bearing can be noisy (not noticeable to most, but I believe in full disclosure), but the clutch is in very good shape and does not need replacement (throwout bearing is ~$20 part that is located in the transmission and is not worth replacing until the clutch needs to be addressed). Again, overall the car is in very good mechanical condition and I would drive it anywhere anytime. I believe the car's condition and reliability considering its mileage are a testament to the way both myself and the previous owner cared for it.

Price: $6,900
Title: Clean, clear, and in hand - the car is ready to be sold
Terms: The car will not be turned over to the new owner till payment clears. A proper bill of sale will be completed during the sale. If the new owner pays via check, the vehicle will be turned over to the new owner once payment clears.
Owner: Please call me, Jacob at (630)989-4828 to setup an appointment to see the car.

Last edited by jakeyb; 07-05-2011 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
zachar3
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

open to offers?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachar3 View Post
open to offers?
Give me a call if you're interested. I posted the car for what I think is a reasonable price, but will consider offers.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
zachar3
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

original clutch?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachar3 View Post
original clutch?
I don't think there's any way this is possible. Full disclosure - I do not have a service record proving the clutch has been replaced, but am fairly certain the car is not on the original at this point. The clutch grabs very well (and grabs where it should) and does not slip. If it was needing replacement, I would have done so a long time ago - prior to taking it around the country.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

nice color combo! I have that on my E46 M3 and i must say it's classy.

glws!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just an FYI - Headed to Europe this afternoon for work. I'll have access to email and PMs while I'm there and will get back to interested parties asap. I'll be back in the States next Thursday night and will follow-up with those that left voicemails at that time. Thanks Guys!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
BMCoupe_782
Bavarian Fever
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 328xi TiAg

good Lord 186K miles?? Nice car and good luck!
| ESS n52 Tune | BMW Performance Intake/Exhaust | LUX H8 v3 AE | GP Thunder 8500K fogs/corners | LED: signals/interior | V1 hardwired | debadge | AC pedals | Performance shift knob/boot | CF e-brake | Aero lip | m3 side skirts/spoiler | MB kidneys | Strut brace | Painted reflectors | Painted Calipers/Hubs | 35% 3M tint | Smoked tails | CF Roundels | 19" Miro 942 | Conti DWS | H&R Springs for xi | Bilstein Shocks| Nxt: Alpine Subs/Amps
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Back in town and ready to sell! Please give me a call if interested - (630)989-4828
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
jakeyb
Enlisted Member
Rep