E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Holiday Time Production a Problem?

01-03-2008, 10:57 PM   #23
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i / 1994 Miata R

Their open right now? Ill try calling now too.
      01-03-2008, 11:03 PM   #24
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I just called, the automated system said its scheduled for production with no date scheduled for production... ok... Hopefully I get a production date soon. I figure if it can get scheduled for production in the next week or two I might get it by the end of February.
      01-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #25
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KanosWRX View Post
I just called, the automated system said its scheduled for production with no date scheduled for production... ok...
Typically when it says scheduled with no prod date yet. It'll go into production very quickly. You should check back in a couple of days and it may say "in body shop".

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock

Last edited by CALIF65GM; 01-03-2008 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #26
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Quote:
I just called, the automated system said its scheduled for production with no date scheduled for production... ok... Hopefully I get a production date soon. I figure if it can get scheduled for production in the next week or two I might get it by the end of February.
Speak to a Customer Service rep. Mine said the same thing yours said and when the guy looked it up, he was able to be more specific for me.
      01-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #27
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So I just called them, they still don't have an exact date when its supposed to go into production. She said "its estimated for the 4th week in January" I can't believe it would take a month and a half to go from on order to production that's just insane. If that's true its going to take 3 months to get my car. I really hope their "estimate" is wrong and it goes into production sooner then that.
      01-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #28
Uberdude328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 97 328i, 08 335i

SOOOoooo, I wrote my somewhat local BMW dealer a check on 12/29/2007. I have been sceduled for a PCD date of 2/21/2008. Just under two months and I'll be zipping home with my montego blue masterpiece. Don't know how this will really help anyone, but for me its just under two months.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 09:59 AM   #29
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sorry a PCD date? Is that the delivery date? I really hope that's true for you and that they didn't forget about my car in the process so I get mine a little before that since I ordered on the 21st. No offense as I am sure you will agree but I would be pretty upset if someone who ordered a week after me got theirs before me.
      01-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
TJW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Could someone explain what the following dates mean?

I rec'd a printout from my CA today of Vehicle Inquiry: Status.

Status and description reads...112 - Scheduled for daily production pack. Date 12/17 (that's a couple days after I placed the order)

In the right hand column that lists production dates, it reads:

Conf. Prod.: 2008/01/03 (Yr/Mo/Wk)

So is my car not going into production until then? A month after I ordered it? And then what...another month after it enters production until I receive it in Boston?

Thanks!

-TJW
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 04:35 PM   #31
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio

A lost of these posts sound like allotment issues. Be sure to get a straight answer from your dealer about which allotment date your car has. My car was scheduled for production less than a week after I placed the order because my salesman (the manager) was able to get it on their next allotment.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 04:46 PM   #32
liliej
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi/Graphite/Lemon

+1. Allotment is key. FYI... it's at LEAST a month after entering production that you'll see your car in Boston. Six weeks is more like it (depending on how quickly your car gets on a ship and makes it through VPC).
      01-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #33
Uberdude328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry a PCD date? Is that the delivery date? I really hope that's true for you and that they didn't forget about my car in the process so I get mine a little before that since I ordered on the 21st. No offense as I am sure you will agree but I would be pretty upset if someone who ordered a week after me got theirs before me.
PCD is Performance Center Delivery at the Spartanburg plant. Basically they ship it there (where they build X5s and Z4s for the world) and I have a similar (I said similar, not same) experience as Euro Delivery. They take me for a hot lap around their track in an M5 and sit down with me for two hours and go over every inch of my car. Then I get to drive it all the way home.

I might have forgot to say its Feb. 21st. I didn't get many options. I'm all for first come first serve, but I don't make the rules. I highly doubt your car was forgotten about. Ze Germans are quite meticulous. I more than likely happened to have an order very similar to something that was already in the system, and my name got stuck to it.

As for PCD, many have said that its better than Euro, and they did both. I'm really excited and hope that no one else suffers for my penny pinching.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #34
KanosWRX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberdude328i View Post
PCD is Performance Center Delivery at the Spartanburg plant. Basically they ship it there (where they build X5s and Z4s for the world) and I have a similar (I said similar, not same) experience as Euro Delivery. They take me for a hot lap around their track in an M5 and sit down with me for two hours and go over every inch of my car. Then I get to drive it all the way home.

I might have forgot to say its Feb. 21st. I didn't get many options. I'm all for first come first serve, but I don't make the rules. I highly doubt your car was forgotten about. Ze Germans are quite meticulous. I more than likely happened to have an order very similar to something that was already in the system, and my name got stuck to it.

As for PCD, many have said that its better than Euro, and they did both. I'm really excited and hope that no one else suffers for my penny pinching.
Sounds like a fun way to get the car. well not use complaining I guess it will get here when it gets here. just hope its not to long
      01-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #35
Uberdude328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just got off the phone with BMWUSA. My car started production TODAY!!! Will be done later this week and on its way. Hopefully in Spartanburg before 2/21! Anyway, the guy said that their holiday is more like four weeks instead of two and that should be the reason sooo many orders seemed to be delayed so long.
Appreciate 0