E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > what OIL you use?

03-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #23
Bavarian Tech
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2006 330i  [10.00]
Usually I wouldn't chime in but honestly IMO stray away from quick oil change places, my gf tried to be helpful and get her oil changed at wal-mart so I didn't have to do it later in the week...needless to say her motor seized up a week later. Plus BMW recommended Castrol
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #24
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by evicfinite View Post
didnt' kno this was an english class. if i wanted to take an english class i would have registered with UNLV. not some idiot who thinks a forum is for grammar class.

the dealer did not give me a 1 time for oil change, they said thier hours for oil change is between 8-10am, which amounts to me either going in on saturday or missing a day of work to get it done.
whats wrong with a quick oil change from jiffy lube? onli thing different would be the oil filter which is fine by me, since i will be getting my free oil change done 3-4 months from now from BMW, which i will probably go in on a saturday.

also u must not have been updated with what BMW recommends, but they clearly state Pennzoil Ultra euro brand is certified on their website... FYI.

oh i didn't kno this forum was packed full of angry enthusiasts... i swore this forum is packed with regular people like me who drive BMWs and maybe other types of cars.. but definitely regular people like me who'd just like to know certain things, not have a forum troll come around all heated up about "oil"...
Okay, you've tried to establish I can't read (your version of english), but you're the one who stated "yeah i know, jiffy lube..." So you obviously know Jiffy Lube sucks too. Or did we misunderstand that too?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #25
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Regarding the 8~10 AM exclusive window for oil changes, I have a hard time believing that one.

As someone who occaisionally works at night, I have scheduled my dealer service for 10 AM or later for the past ten years with no problems. And that dealer now has on line scheduling offering a wide choice of days & hours for service.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #26
73tnh
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I wouldn't take my BMW to Jiffy Lube. Bad idea buddy.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #27
Casca
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT

I wouldn't take my old PoS Honda to Jiffy Lube. I'd take the old oil I emptied from my car myself to Jiffy Lube and tell them..."Here, recycle it." I think any oil change place in California is required by law to take your old oil at no charge. Not sure though since I just recycle it at work.
Appreciate 0