E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Rims damage

06-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

Rims damage

May I ask if the wheel for this car is rusted or are those dirts on the rims just the brake powder?
But I assume a car dealer will clean up the car thoroughly and to their best effort before they are selling, so, I doubt if those dirts are permanently "baked" on the rims as one of the member said previously on another thread...(those dirts seem not even be able to be cleaned by the car dealer who has on site car carer to polish their car prior putting on sale?)

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...-325i-15053444

Check out the picture and you will know what I mean.

It would be great if there is someone who has viewed this car already, if so, please give me some comment about this car as I am planning to buy this.

Thanks a lot a lot a lot...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
HecticX5
FULLY!
Australia
Rep
Drives: CLA 45 AMG

These threads just keep on getting better each time. Its probably bird shit, don't worry too much, you can call Bird Shit Hotline 1800 767 989 for them to verify.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

mate I found a 335i while ago that had 40k kays that was just under $50k....

I know everyones different, but ultimately the 335i is a much better equipped car, and will also retain its value a lot better and make resale a lot easier when it comes time to sell (there is a reasonably large demand for them)

Also that is just brake dust, possibly it sbaked on and cannot be removed via conventional shampooing but will require a wheel cleaner product followed by some scrubbing.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-2118382/?Cr=5

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...13541305/?Cr=6

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...1093655/?Cr=10

Last edited by drjekl; 06-15-2013 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i, 640i, X6M50d, X3M40i

The car looks fine to me... and yes go a 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #5
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
mate I found a 335i while ago that had 40k kays that was just under $50k....

I know everyones different, but ultimately the 335i is a much better equipped car, and will also retain its value a lot better and make resale a lot easier when it comes time to sell (there is a reasonably large demand for them)

Also that is just brake dust, possibly it sbaked on and cannot be removed via conventional shampooing but will require a wheel cleaner product followed by some scrubbing.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...-2118382/?Cr=5

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...13541305/?Cr=6

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...1093655/?Cr=10
Thanks mate! Thanks for your recommendations.
I have read those ads, but I am looking for m sport package, so, that's why I haven't considered them..
I did found a 335i but that's 2008, driven 60k km, priced $55k, not bad in mileage, but feel like to have the 2009 325i with a more updated iDrive (just a bus nav for that car, but CIC based) that gives me a more upmarket feeling in the future (plan to drive for 4-5 yrs).
Power wise, still thinking if it is critical to me as I use the car for daily normal drive only, don't feel like spending an extra $7k to buy the older 335i..
But I will negotiate to the 335i dealer, if the price can be lowered, somewhere near $50k, I think I will take the 335i instead.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansonlai View Post
Thanks mate! Thanks for your recommendations.
I have read those ads, but I am looking for m sport package, so, that's why I haven't considered them..
I did found a 335i but that's 2008, driven 60k km, priced $55k, not bad in mileage, but feel like to have the 2009 325i with a more updated iDrive (just a bus nav for that car, but CIC based) that gives me a more upmarket feeling in the future (plan to drive for 4-5 yrs).
Power wise, still thinking if it is critical to me as I use the car for daily normal drive only, don't feel like spending an extra $7k to buy the older 335i..
But I will negotiate to the 335i dealer, if the price can be lowered, somewhere near $50k, I think I will take the 335i instead.

The nav in that 325 is visually the exact same as the old idrive... 335s have pro nav only thing its missing is short cut buttons. Once youve used the old pro its no where near as bad as people say it is
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #7
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Quote:

....please give me some comment about this car as I am planning to buy this.

Thanks a lot a lot a lot...

When you go to buy it, just make sure you tell the dealer you want a rimjob or you are not interested.

This will test his commitment to the sale... if he gives you a free rimjob, Im sure you will be smilin as you drive away in your new car.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
When you go to buy it, just make sure you tell the dealer you want a rimjob or you are not interested.

This will test his commitment to the sale... if he gives you a free rimjob, Im sure you will be smilin as you drive away in your new car.
THANKS. Is it common term and the dealer knows what does rim job mean?
I have got an email reply from them saying that they don't know what's that but will clean the car tomorrow.....but I guess the car is cleaned before they took the photo and post on the ad.....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:30 AM   #9
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100 View Post
The nav in that 325 is visually the exact same as the old idrive... 335s have pro nav only thing its missing is short cut buttons. Once youve used the old pro its no where near as bad as people say it is
Thabks. But I read something on the internet that the nav post Sept 2008 has been upgraded with a better resokution, inbuilt nav not dvd (so, its a CCC), better response time etc...so, not just about the fancy shortcut keys?
I am not sure if it is the same for business nav.....I assume the upgrade applies to business and pro nav too? Wish there is someone who can clarify for me...

"The CIC system is a major update to iDrive, replacing the display, computer and the controller. The display is of a higher resolution, and is generally more responsive than CCC, to address one of the common complaints of iDrive. Internet access is also supported.[4] CIC-based systems use maps from TeleAtlas which are installed on an internal 2.5" 80GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD). This HDD can also store up to 8GB of music files for playback. For facilitating the uploading of music files to the HDD, a USB port is provided in the glove box. Following 2009 LCI production, all CIC-based iDrive systems will support DVD video. This, however, is only operational when the vehicle is in the "Park" position. DVD audio will continue to play while driving. CIC-HIGH represents the navigation version with HDD, CIC-Mid stands for the intermediate Navigation solution without hdd for audio ripping."
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thabks. But I read something on the internet that the nav post Sept 2008 has been upgraded with a better resokution, inbuilt nav not dvd (so, its a CCC), better response time etc...so, not just about the fancy shortcut keys?
I am not sure if it is the same for business nav.....I assume the upgrade applies to business and pro nav too? Wish there is someone who can clarify for me...

"The CIC system is a major update to iDrive, replacing the display, computer and the controller. The display is of a higher resolution, and is generally more responsive than CCC, to address one of the common complaints of iDrive. Internet access is also supported.[4] CIC-based systems use maps from TeleAtlas which are installed on an internal 2.5" 80GB Hard Disk Drive (HDD). This HDD can also store up to 8GB of music files for playback. For facilitating the uploading of music files to the HDD, a USB port is provided in the glove box. Following 2009 LCI production, all CIC-based iDrive systems will support DVD video. This, however, is only operational when the vehicle is in the "Park" position. DVD audio will continue to play while driving. CIC-HIGH represents the navigation version with HDD, CIC-Mid stands for the intermediate Navigation solution without hdd for audio ripping."

I doubt the cheap nav does all that stuff though? It maybe more responsive than the old but it still is the exact same layout just a tiny screen in the 325i you linked.

Try it all before you buy personally would rather old pro nav and a great engine over than small screen nav and a mediocre engine
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #11
HecticX5
FULLY!
Australia
Rep
Drives: CLA 45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post

Quote:
THANKS. Is it common term and the dealer knows what does rim job mean?
I have got an email reply from them saying that they don't know what's that but will clean the car tomorrow.....but I guess the car is cleaned before they took the photo and post on the ad.....
This post made my day.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 06:09 AM   #12
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I doubt the cheap nav does all that stuff though? It maybe more responsive than the old but it still is the exact same layout just a tiny screen in the 325i you linked.

Try it all before you buy personally would rather old pro nav and a great engine over than small screen nav and a mediocre engine
Thanks a lot.
Actually, the Nav isn't the priority, but I just want to know if there is any difference between the pre 09/2008 or post, cause if it does (even for business Nav), then i will take that into account when i hunt for my ride. I am not buying a brand new, that's why I am trying to take a closer look at all aspects before I conclude the one to buy.
Thanks a lot Cartaa.
Btw, your carbon trim looks great! Where did you get that?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #13
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IDrive

Can I say that the business Nav in all years made are M-ASK? They are not CCC nor CIC?
I thought post sept 2008 model are all upgraded to a newer processor, screen and resolution?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
playwithonehand
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

Garage List
2009 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:

I used to have LCI CIC post Sep08 idrive, tbh i cant really tell the resolution difference against a ccc idrive(nav wise). I only know the pre lci is 640x240 resolution. Menu wise LCI has cleaner and more features. Lci also has few more buttons, just google pic or youtube.

The widescreen was the professional Nav, the standartd screen business Nav. Proffesional Media pack had Widescreen nav, bluetooth, CD changer and voice control. Business didn't have the CD changer and a smaller screen.

Mine being the LCI CIC Business Nav does not support DVD video or DVD map update. In order for me to update, i required to buy FSC code and download the map onto usb and plug into the glove box to upgrade the map.

With Pro (wide screen) you can just update with DVD.

Anyway I don't think anyone is this forum has recommend you to get 325i, not that there is anything wrong with that car. 335i has way more potential, fun and chicks dig it.
"SOLD"-09LCI-E90-320D-Black Sapphire Metallic- Superchip - OEM 189 wheel - City Vision Angel Eye - Matt Black Grill - K&N 57i Air Intake - XForce exhaust tip with Muffler delete - Eibach pro kit & Msport steering wheel, Yellow caliper BIG Thanks to bmroxm5 - Koni Yellow + e36 M3 Front bump stop/M-sport rear bump stop -Hankook V12

Last edited by playwithonehand; 06-16-2013 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #16
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwithonehand View Post
I used to have LCI CIC post Sep08 idrive, tbh i cant really tell the resolution difference against a ccc idrive(nav wise). I only know the pre lci is 640x240 resolution. Menu wise LCI has cleaner and more features. Lci also has few more buttons, just google pic or youtube.

The widescreen was the professional Nav, the standartd screen business Nav. Proffesional Media pack had Widescreen nav, bluetooth, CD changer and voice control. Business didn't have the CD changer and a smaller screen.

Mine being the LCI CIC Business Nav does not support DVD video or DVD map update. In order for me to update, i required to buy FSC code and download the map onto usb and plug into the glove box to upgrade the map.

With Pro (wide screen) you can just update with DVD.

Anyway I don't think anyone is this forum has recommend you to get 325i, not that there is anything wrong with that car. 335i has way more potential, fun and chicks dig it.
Thanks a lot.
So, if a car is post sept 2008, regardless of it is business or pro Nav, the iDrive system is upgraded, not just the button but also something like the added features, though I don't know what are they). Am I correct?

Yes, I know about the FSC code, saw it from another thread, so, download the map and buy the FSC code in order to update the map.

Hmm, 325 or 335i, I don't know yet, but the more I know about every aspect of the features in the car, the easier for me to evaluate which to buy.
Power wise is easy as I can feel the difference by test driving the cars....but technology wise, I would like to know more, especially for the pre or post Nav (assume business version here) if pre or post version aren't having much difference in term of functionality but just the extra buttons....then the post version is just nothing at all.

I care about iDrive because it is an iconic feature in BMW apart from its chassis or performance...I don't know how to tell, but everyone has his own buying habit, mine might be different than many people here, but I used to evaluate in a broader perspective but not simply one thing such as power wise. If i like to get power, I would save a bit more and simply get the M3. I like it so much, but talking about practicality, its too powerful for my normal drive to work, I feel like a waste.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

I can be a very impulse buyer, yet, when it comes to serious investment, I would like to take every aspect into account.
Thanks for everyone, you guys are really helpful.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #18
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep

Do the 325i's with 225m's come with 255's at the rear? or is it just the 335s
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 01:50 AM   #19
swazza
Samm
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320I

i see this car all the time around bulimba! i race him in my girlfriends 135I
2002 Bmw 318i M-Sport (first car) (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:12 AM   #20
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazza View Post
i see this car all the time around bulimba! i race him in my girlfriends 135I
Hi Swazza, do you know the owner of this car?
You race with him? So, can I assume that the car is driven in an aggressive manner?
I thought the car is in good condition and with a moderate 55000km mileage which is quite idea to be my first BMW ride......

It would be very much appreciated if you could comment more on this car for me.
Thanks a lot Swazza
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:14 AM   #21
Ansonlai
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Do the 325i's with 225m's come with 255's at the rear? or is it just the 335s
I thought all the 225 comes with the same setup?
I am interested to know too now
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #22
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I thought all the 225 comes with the same setup?
I am interested to know too now
I have no idea haha
Appreciate 0