E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Canada Classifieds Section > FS: REMUS RACE QUADS + Swap for oem

Closed Thread

10-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #1
JayTdotP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe Navi

SOLD!

Last edited by JayTdotP; 11-02-2012 at 01:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
DrAmazing
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe JB4

wish i wasnt 14 hour drive away or id be making an offer
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
KMach89
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

I would purchase a N54 oem exhaust just to trade you. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
JayTdotP
First Lieutenant
Rep

Bump!!!! Motivated To Sell, And Need Oem Exhaust!
      10-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
MarcoE93
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW coral red E93

Man I would take those in a heart beat. I just purchased those tips just to get that look. Lol. Man if I had the cash. Let me know of you wanna work something out tho
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

OP, Thanks for deleting my posts.

If your sale was legit, you wouldn't be so embarrassed and try to hide the "FACTS"

People, pretty much what I was saying is that this seller is trying to rip you off.
he wants 85% of the original "NEW" value, even when the exhaust is "USED"

Past: 2015 F82 M4 (6MT) Austin Yellow
Past: 2010 E92 M3 (DCT) Silverstone II Metallic
Past: 2008 E90 M3 (6MT) Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibalnoma View Post

If your sale was legit, you wouldn't be so embarrassed and try to hide the "FACTS"

People, pretty much what I was saying is that this seller is trying to rip you off.
+100

Mine got deleted too.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
farb
teh Rider!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Not cool at all OP.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 10:59 PM   #9
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

I don't see how he is ripping anyone off, he's not withholding any information and he's not pricing an item higher than brand new. It's not too far off from what I sold my Remus Race for.

There are a lot of items that sell for 85% the cost of new in the classifieds everyday especially when they are hardly used at all. It's probably one of only a couple Remus Race's in Canada as well.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #10
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
I don't see how he is ripping anyone off, he's not withholding any information and he's not pricing an item higher than brand new. It's not too far off from what I sold my Remus Race for.

There are a lot of items that sell for 85% the cost of new in the classifieds everyday especially when they are hardly used at all. It's probably one of only a couple Remus Race's in Canada as well.
He is asking for $1450 + OEM Muffler swap (150-200 in value). So basically he wants his money back for a used mufflers?

I offered him $500 + OEM mufflers and explained the reasoning as to why that was fair so he didn't think I was lowballing.

My reasoning is used Remus exhausts sell for $700-750 not including an OEM muffler swap. Take off the 150-200 for what the OEM mufflers are worth and you get $500 which is a fair offer.

He obviously is smart enough to see my offer was fair and my reasoning was legitimate, but chose to delete my post so others could not see. There was no need to delete my post as I made an offer, and supported why I offered him that much money.

Last edited by shaginwagon13; 10-30-2012 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 04:28 AM   #11
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Well realistically it's hard to even get a dollar for used mufflers on here, but that's beyond the point, you have the right to your own opinion on the price and I won't argue against that. I was simply stating that I wouldn't call it a "rip off". If anyone doesn't like the price they can simply buy elsewhere, I don't see why anyone would start getting angry at someone for their asking price. Everyone posts with a lowballer buffer on the canadian classfieds because people always offer under your asking price regardless of how great of a deal it is. I've put up stuff for half of what the going rate is only to get half of what I'm asking as my highest offer. If I re-list those same items at a higher asking price suddenly I'm getting offers 50% higher than what I was getting before.

As a side note to get those tips fitted onto me PE cost about $420, so $80 more for the mufflers would be a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
He is asking for $1450 + OEM Muffler swap (150-200 in value). So basically he wants his money back for a used mufflers?

I offered him $500 + OEM mufflers and explained the reasoning as to why that was fair so he didn't think I was lowballing.

My reasoning is used Remus exhausts sell for $700-750 not including an OEM muffler swap. Take off the 150-200 for what the OEM mufflers are worth and you get $500 which is a fair offer.

He obviously is smart enough to see my offer was fair and my reasoning was legitimate, but chose to delete my post so others could not see. There was no need to delete my post as I made an offer, and supported why I offered him that much money.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #12
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

I agree with you 100% about the Canadian Classified sections, but I never said the OP was trying to rip anyone off, that comment was made by other members.

I just don't see why my post was deleted. I made an offer, supported my reasoning and the OP didn't like it so he deleted the post? I wanted to give the OP the reasons as to why I offered what I did, my offer of $500 + OEM swap would sound ridiculously low without the explanation. I did nothing outside of the classified rules, I wasn't hi-jacking his thread with useless comments and my intent was to offer to purchase his mufflers. I'm sorry if the OP doesn't like hearing how much him mufflers are worth, thats the reality and by deleting posts just makes his sale seem shady.

Quote:
Well realistically it's hard to even get a dollar for used mufflers on here, but that's beyond the point, you have the right to your own opinion on the price and I won't argue against that. I was simply stating that I wouldn't call it a "rip off". If anyone doesn't like the price they can simply buy elsewhere, I don't see why anyone would start getting angry at someone for their asking price. Everyone posts with a lowballer buffer on the canadian classfieds because people always offer under your asking price regardless of how great of a deal it is. I've put up stuff for half of what the going rate is only to get half of what I'm asking as my highest offer. If I re-list those same items at a higher asking price suddenly I'm getting offers 50% higher than what I was getting before.

As a side note to get those tips fitted onto me PE cost about $420, so $80 more for the mufflers would be a great deal.

Last edited by shaginwagon13; 10-31-2012 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
shonuff
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Quote:
I agree with you 100% about the Canadian Classified sections, but I never said the OP was trying to rip anyone off, that comment was made by other members.

I just don't see why my post was deleted. I made an offer, supported my reasoning and the OP didn't like it so he deleted the post? I wanted to give the OP the reasons as to why I offered what I did, my offer of $500 + OEM swap would sound ridiculously low without the explanation. I did nothing outside of the classified rules, I wasn't hi-jacking his thread with useless comments and my intent was to offer to purchase his mufflers. I'm sorry if the OP doesn't like hearing how much him mufflers are worth, thats the reality and by deleting posts just makes his sale seem shady.
Keep offers / "justifications" to PM and post questions regarding the item in the thread for everyone to see and benefit from. You know how this works...

rant:
I would have deleted your post for the following reasons:
(a) Your "justification" does not factor in shipping/duties/time or more importantly, the rarity of this exhaust in Canada.
(b) The price is not above OEM selling price / Canadian market price (research will show you this)
(c) Opinions (not to mention biased) are not needed in a "For Sale" thread. This exhaust may only be worth $500 to you but not everyone may see it that way.
(d) OT - this thread is now going to be about the ethics of deleting posts / CAD vs US market prices thus your post has essentially taken this thread OT.
      10-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Look at it this way.

The OP clearly stated "PAID $1650 brand new after custom taxes/shipping directly from REMUS"

So, the question is, why would ANYONE pay $1450 + OEM Swap, to get an exhaust that was used?

For that amount, you can buy a brand-new exhaust.

Now, let me ask you something.
You bought your car for x amount of dollars brand-new, and after using the car for a year for example, do you get the same amount back?
The answer is simple - NO.

My original post was to inform other users on this forum who might not have the same sort of knowledge on the value of this item.
The OP decides to delete my post in order to hide the reality

Also, you mentioned "opinions are not needed in a for sale thread, ..."
Guess what, your rant is based on your opinion, and no one wants to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
Keep offers / "justifications" to PM and post questions regarding the item in the thread for everyone to see and benefit from. You know how this works...

rant:
(a) Your "justification" does not factor in shipping/duties/time or more importantly, the rarity of this exhaust in Canada.
(b) The price is not above OEM selling price / Canadian market price (research will show you this)
(c) Opinions (not to mention biased) are not needed in a "For Sale" thread. This exhaust may only be worth $500 to you but not everyone may see it that way.
(d) OT - this thread is now going to be about the ethics of deleting posts / CAD vs US market prices thus your post has essentially taken this thread OT.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
Dr. G
Major General
Rep

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

Yeah true, it wasn't you that made that comment. My message was geared mainly towards the dude that's getting all angry like OP owe's him something.
As you already probably know it's best to negotiate via PM, because a) it won't be considered thread crapping b) nobody knows what you are offering so you won't have people trying to outbid you haha. If I wanted the exhaust I would have just PM'ed saying 600+swap? LOL, lot's of sneaky peeps on here.

Quote:

rant:
Solid points.

Quote:
Look at it this way.

The OP clearly stated "PAID $1650 brand new after custom taxes/shipping directly from REMUS"

So, the question is, why would ANYONE pay $1450 + OEM Swap, to get an exhaust that was used?

For that amount, you can buy a brand-new exhaust.

Now, let me ask you something.
You bought your car for x amount of dollars brand-new, and after using the car for a year for example, do you get the same amount back?
The answer is simple - NO.

My original post was to inform other users on this forum who might not have the same sort of knowledge on the value of this item.
The OP decides to delete my post in order to hide the reality

Also, you mentioned "opinions are not needed in a for sale thread, ..."
Guess what, your rant is based on your opinion, and no one wants to hear it.
So according to your own wording:

Am I crazy to think the above is a bit funny?

As to answer your question about why would anyone pay that amount: well maybe nobody will pay that amount and if they do, maybe it's because they think it's worth it for them due to various reasons. Perhaps PM'ing the OP to discuss pricing might be a reasonable option as well although it might sound a bit absurd.

Are you sure that nobody wants to hear Shonuff's opinion or are you just trying to inform users that may not have the same sort of knowledge about opinion's as yourself, that his post was an opinion?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #16
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
First of all, educate yourself before you make an A-D list of how to act accordingly in a Form thread because nowhere in the rules does it state an offer has to be make by PM (which in my opinion it shouldn't). Its an open forum for a reason, and there is nothing wrong with submitting an offer and then supporting why you offered 'X' number of dollars. I was respectful and polite, and if the OP wanted to get offers submitted by PM only he should have specified that.

Let me give you some advice using your A - D list:

A) Customs, Taxes and Duties is what you have to pay when you buy an item brand new. When you sell a used TV, do you factor in these costs when your selling? Absolutely not. You sell it for the FAIR MARKET VALUE of what the product is selling for.

B) Your second point didn't even make sense so I'm not going to dignify it with a response.

C) I did not give my opinion in any way. They were facts. Let me quote myself from the post that got deleted:

"This exhaust when used is selling for around $700-$750 which does not include OEM muffler swap which alone has a value around $150-$200. Taking into account you want to swap as well, I will offer you $500 and swap you mufflers as well."

Those were facts. No I can break it down for you further so you can follow:

-This exhaust when used is selling for around $700-$750 (FACT)
-Other members selling for $700-$750 are not asking for OEM swao aswell (FACT)
-OEM mufflers have a value around $150-$200 (FACT)

I'm sorry but I was not biased, uninformed or being a smart ass when I offered him the money. If I posted "Dude, your asking price is insane and it won't sell".... thats an opinion.

I was polite, I stated my price and reasons behind my price. Lets be serious, he is asking for $1450. If I just came out and offered $500 thats a low-ball offer. I supported why my offer to not offend the OP and he deletes mine, as well as others posts? I'm sorry, but if he is that embarrassed that others will read the logic behind our comments and think he is foolish maybe he should consider that before trying to recoup all the money he spend on the exhaust.

At this point, this thread is just beyond out of control. The OP hasn't even made a comment to justified why he deleted the posts, he obviously doesn't care so I don't know why we are all arguing.

Last edited by shaginwagon13; 10-31-2012 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #17
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

So according to your own wording:

Am I crazy to think the above is a bit funny?

As to answer your question about why would anyone pay that amount: well maybe nobody will pay that amount and if they do, maybe it's because they think it's worth it for them due to various reasons. Perhaps PM'ing the OP to discuss pricing might be a reasonable option as well although it might sound a bit absurd.

Are you sure that nobody wants to hear Shonuff's opinion or are you just trying to inform users that may not have the same sort of knowledge about opinion's as yourself, that his post was an opinion?

No, you have misinterpreted my points.

The first point, "The OP clearly stated 'PAID $1650 brand new after custom taxes/shipping directly from REMUS'" was to argue a fellow member's post about the value of the exhaust in Canada blah blah blah. I was making a point by saying that the VALUE IN CANADA is $1650 BRAND-NEW.

The second point, "My original post was to inform other users on this forum who might not have the same sort of knowledge on the value of this item"
Yes. I was trying to inform other users on the forum, the TRUE value of this USED EXHAUST!

It just does not make sense that ANYONE would buy it for $1,450 + OEM when the exhaust is used, when you can buy a brand-new one for $1,650 after shipping/taxes/duty (meaning the value of the exhaust itself is probably around $1,400 brand-new)

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
jin.patrick
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
... if he is that embarrassed that others will read the logic behind our comments and think he is foolish maybe he should consider that before trying to recoup all the money he spend on the exhaust.
This.

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #19
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: R8 V10 / Cayenne GTS / Model 3

I understand the logic you guys are trying to bring out...but the OP had the price listed at $1400 + swap, you guys don't think offering $900 less than the asking price is a lowball? LOL

Anyone would know that someone who listed something for $1400, will not accept $500 even if you do have valid points of reasoning.

You guys are right the OEM exhaust has a value of $150-$200, but not everyone has the space to store the exhaust and the time to be posting ads and trying to get rid of it. Everyone knows how difficult it is to be selling OEM Parts on E90post, hell I've been trying to sell my OEM bumper and side skirts on my car and I'm willing to let them go at $50-75 cause they're just taking up space, but no one really wants it.

I was interested in this since a while back and even I'm laughing at your $500 offer lol. I offered him $1300 + swap with the diffuser included and he refused. The difference between my offer and yours is that yours is unreasonable...

Anyways, I don't see why you guys are still commenting on this thread, if you don't like the price and think you can get it cheaper elsewhere, then move on to the next thread?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
JayTdotP
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you Dr. G, and leungsta for defending my post lol.
Well its true, there are so many lowballers. THAT is why i gotta mark up the price, to recieve some reasonable offers, i dont see anything wrong with that.. Not like i was expecting 1450 + oem swap.. OEM parts are worthless to some people..

Well anyways, all what is said doesnt even matter anymore, its already SOLD for a REASONABLE price, NOT 500 + SWAP. lol

Shibalnoma, shaginwagon13..... REAL HATERS. lol like get off me.
      11-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #21
Bladerunner
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTdotP View Post

Shibalnoma, shaginwagon13..... REAL HATERS. lol like get off me.
Haters??? They were making valid points and you deleting their posts was brutal!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
parps
Private
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 335i xDrive

my 2c: whether the points were valid or not, deleting them (instead of refuting them), makes you look shady.... just a tip for the future. glad you got what you wanted for your parts.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread