E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > DRL stay at same lightig level

06-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #23
charmin
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M-Sport June 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinGTP View Post
I'm going to do the following:

*AE brightness when parking lights: PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_BL: wert_03 -> wert_01
*AE brightness when headlight on: PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL: wert_07 -> wert_01

Other than that, which one in the module is the welcome light?
Also did this with both set to wert_01 and works fine, 09 LCI E90, there is a very small drop in the brightness on AE when going between park setting and headlight but almost indiscernible, so this is the easy option, Coded with NCS and no probs. For me it looks very good as I have 20w LED replacements fitted as well for the AE's.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackR10 View Post
@Justin (or anyone)...i enabled the DRL option for the AE thru NCS...all i'd like to do is increase the voltage to make them brighter - i DO NOT want to change the default setting of the AE for when the headlights are on, etc...

my head is spinning trying to sort out what is the field i need to change to increase the AE for DRL only...i have read that people feel this should be changed via NCSDummy - which i will do...i just need to know what field i change to make this happen for DRL only...

i have a 05/2008 built e91 sportswagon with adaptive xenon...

thanks...R
That's probably the brightest they get for pre-LCI. The angel eye bulb is very tiny.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #25
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
That's probably the brightest they get for pre-LCI. The angel eye bulb is very tiny.
yes pre lci was not meant for drl angel eyes, it has low wattage high beam as drl only
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #26
cyrano
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: E61 530XD chipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinGTP View Post
yes pre lci was not meant for drl angel eyes, it has low wattage high beam as drl only
Sorry guys but you are all wrong, it is possible to chane AE at DRL brightness in pre-lci with frm2, but increase will be about 15%max at stock level, however its noticibly brighter

Also it is possible to make them dimm when lowbeams are on just like in LCI version
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #27
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Sorry guys but you are all wrong, it is possible to chane AE at DRL brightness in pre-lci with frm2, but increase will be about 15%max at stock level, however its noticibly brighter

Also it is possible to make them dimm when lowbeams are on just like in LCI version
I know I'm late to the party, but care to expand on this? Does this have to do with setting PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_BL instead of PWM_RL_BL_1_FKT_SL?
Appreciate 0