E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach pro B12 kit

11-19-2015, 04:05 PM   #23
daz215
Rep
Drives: E90 SE

OK one last update here, it looks like I was fretting over nothing!

If you head over here. You will see that the OEM arch gap is 17.5cm for a SE touring. My arch gap currently is 12cm, presumably all SE's left the factory with 17's. Looking at full picture a 30mm drop is expected, I got 55mm so I guess I should be happy.

My part numbers are:

Springs:
Front - 11-20-013-02-VA
Rear - 11-20-013-01HA

Dampers:
Front - 35-120407
Rear - 24-120425

The ride has definitely not settled any lower now.

So a quick review:

The Bilstein B8's are quite sharp. I suspect like many others have said, will soften up over time. British roads are quite harsh and when driving at night you will see your own headlights bouncing up and down every time you hit a pothole no matter the size. I notice it because I drive the car ALOT. Passengers don't tend to notice it though, even after I pointed it out. I guess coming from M Sport suspension you wouldn't notice too much difference, maybe even used too the stiffer ride.

The springs are fantastic. Virtually no body roll and stick to the road like glue! However - If your looking for an aggressive stance, I'd recommend you check out coil overs, or if you don't mind lower back pain, H&R's!

Coil overs weren't an option to me as I know how tricky they are to set up and get right. Everyone's different, and the guy setting them up for you might have a different idea to the perfect ride than you do!

Overall: they where a welcome disappointment. Great ride, but sit slightly higher than I expected them to.

Have some more pictures on me

Last edited by daz215; 11-20-2015 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #24
daz215
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1harry View Post
What about the rear bumpstops with B6? I have the box with all the old parts the shop gave me, and I see 4 bumpstops in it. Do the rear B6 reuse the OE bumpstops, or does it come with its own bumpstops?

Would that explain why the rear of my car is so bouncy now after the B6 install? I have no bumpstops in the rear?

Harry

Edit: I also see a black dust boot on the rear shocks, not the blue one they came with. Did they remove the blue ones and put the OE dust boots on? Or put the black ones on top of the blue? Why would they do that?
Sorry. I do not mean to hijack the thread.
Hi Harry, I've cleaned up this thread a bit but the picture you saw was the OEM legs. The bilsteins are yellow, and do have the blue dust caps like you say. I've had a wheel off today and got under the car, the kit looks fine no extra bumpstops clinging on, the drop is still a bit high for my liking but I'm going to accept it for what it is. Maybe just the'se 17's putting me off.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 05:47 PM   #25
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz215 View Post
Just installed my pro kit. Bit gutted with the drop tbh. Heres some comparisons:

Doesn't really look much lower in my eyes! I thought with the SE suspension it would be a massive difference. How's everyone elses look?
Here are a couple of pics of my car with the B12 Suspension. One is winter and the other is summer. My drop is exactly what I wanted. Something is not right with your height.
Attached Images

11-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #26
daz215
Rep

OK so I got in touch with Bilstein UK about the issue;

Quote:
Hi Daryl

It's not the kit I would of picked personally for your car ...
I would of gone for the 46-180728,
This drop would of been better fit sports suspension models
The Eibach springs offer a 30mm drop
On a standard car so they could possibly raise a sports suspension car with new monotube dampers (gas pressure 20-30 bar)
So where to go next ... The dampers will settle a little bit in the next 6 to 8 weeks if you are still unhappy with the height we can for a charge (15 plus vat per unit) take out or add where applicable a droop spacer to help the dampers reduce the height a little more
Or you could send the kit back ?

Kind regards
Seems to me like a bit of a lost cause. I'm considering my options here but I'm thinking of returning them and going for a different choice. The inconsistency is a bit overwhelming, considering some of the other drops I've seen in here.

Opinions are much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #27
daz215
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
Here are a couple of pics of my car with the B12 Suspension. One is winter and the other is summer. My drop is exactly what I wanted. Something is not right with your height.
Just out of curiousity are they Pro kit or Sportline springs?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2015, 03:48 PM   #28
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by daz215 View Post
Just out of curiousity are they Pro kit or Sportline springs?
I am running the Pro Kit with the linear springs. The Sportline setup would have dropped the car too low for my liking.