E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > No GPS after CIC retrofit from CCC

07-02-2023, 11:09 PM   #1
mathew1224
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330i

No GPS after CIC retrofit from CCC

Hello all!

I recently did the CIC retrofit after my CCC unit died on my 2006 330i. I previously had working navigation but after doing the upgrade and finishing all the coding I get the following message GPS STATUS: NO GPS AVAILABLE from the IDrive service menu.

Below is a reddit post with pictures. I have verified that the antenna is plugged in all the way. I am considering buying a Fakra GPS antenna for testing but I really don't wan't to ruin the OEM look by having an antenna mounted to the dash.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BmwTech/com...gps_available/

Checking out the forums it looks like the TCU box in the trunk can be bypassed and the cable from the antenna in the fin can run straight to the CIC unit but my TCU unit has no connector for the blue GPS cable.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 04:39 PM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

GPS should be connected directly to the CIC. Only required to go to the TCU to use SOS