E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > OBX Exhaust

02-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

OBX Exhaust

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-...#ht_1378wt_922

Never seen this. Don't judge, lol. Would I be looking at slightly better performance? Worse? Is it a piece of shit? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunners_Mate View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-...#ht_1378wt_922

Never seen this. Don't judge, lol. Would I be looking at slightly better performance? Worse? Is it a piece of shit? Thanks!
there is a lot of info about these headers on the forum. They do not fit right and require removal of part of the engine mount. not sure if there is a way around that and it might prove expensive. Supersprint is your best bet or getting oem manifolds and welding in straight pipes.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 05:10 AM   #3
N0OS3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

MMW has headers in production right now, they should be released mid-February for review and hopefully Muirhead MotorWerks will resume more production.

As for OBX... Gavin@MMW did a review on them and says they are a POS and should be avoided. As said above, they are not perfect fit and you have to cut and weld a motor mount in order to fit them. Also, they are not protected by anything like ceramics so you will have to wrap them, which causes erosion faster [if it's your daily driver you're trying to modify].
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

i also heard that they throw out check engine lights being as you can't mount the O2 sensors on them cuz they don't have a slot to fit it, if you're thinking of tracking your car than it's fine but for DD, Gavin@MMW FTW! plus he's a pretty guy
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0