E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Worst Best Man

07-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #67
JJFESQ
Big Poppa
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 3.5i AW/Mocha

Garage List
2014 535xi  [0.00]
Invite him out (just you two) for a beer so you can talk it out. If he can't make time to talk then dump him.
If he comes then talk it out before you make a decision.
      07-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #68
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFESQ View Post
Invite him out (just you two) for a beer so you can talk it out. If he can't make time to talk then dump him.
If he comes then talk it out before you make a decision.
^ This. If he says, "Derp I can't make time for that" say it's important, and it's about MY wedding.

IF he is your best buddy, take him aside and have a talk with him about what you expect out of him and how you can't do everything on your own. If he says, "sorry I can't do those things for you" or something of the sort, then say, "well I need to find a new best man..." Before jumping into anything talk with him first and tell him what you expect out of a best man. Either he'll demote himself, or you'll demote him...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #69
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

You know what choice you need to make. Go sit in a place out side your normal routine like a hotel lobby, park bench or coffee shop, think through every factor in your decision and exactly what conclusion you are drawing from the facts, take a deep breath and make your choice.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #70
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

My best friend growing up had me as his best man because we were close from age 5 to 20 but slowly drifted apart but still kept in touch. His remedy was to have co-bestmen (past and present) which worked out great.

It's your day .. who the hell says you have to pick one? Two people played a critical part of your life (past and present).

Something to think about.
Appreciate 0