E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Boost oscillation with COBB

06-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
drallafi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Boost oscillation with COBB

Anyone else experiencing it? I only get it under moderate acceleration. When I'm at WOT or just chugging around town, doesn't seem to happen. I uninstalled the COBB because it wasn't quite as smooth as I'd like. Hoping some map updates are coming soon to clear it all up.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
CombatNinja
Banned
Rep
Drives: e91 328i, e90 328i, e90 335i

Aggressive or sport setting? I'm hearing this quite a bit about the Cobb.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
drallafi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Both, actually. I had it on aggressive but my logs looked plus there were just weird issues with throttle response and what felt like spikes and dips in the power band so I went to sport. Really couldn't tell the difference in power, but the issues remained so I just uninstalled the thing.

I'll wait till the Beta period is over, and hopefully with FMIC and a downpipe will make for a smoother experience.

Of note, I'm running it on 91 octane since that's all we've got in AZ. That's probably part of the problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
335twins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x3 M40i, 2019 M2Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
Both, actually. I had it on aggressive but my logs looked plus there were just weird issues with throttle response and what felt like spikes and dips in the power band so I went to sport. Really couldn't tell the difference in power, but the issues remained so I just uninstalled the thing.

I'll wait till the Beta period is over, and hopefully with FMIC and a downpipe will make for a smoother experience.

Of note, I'm running it on 91 octane since that's all we've got in AZ. That's probably part of the problem.
I'm in Arizona aswell and have Cobb, I wouldn't run aggressive here with piss 91 octane, I am running the sport map and it's fine. I hope you are using top tier gas like shell or chevron.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
Biohazard29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe 6sp

I experience similar issues in FL even on 93 octane as soon as I added a FMIC and updated to the new tune stage 1 + with FMIC I noticed a vast improvement in the tune and how it behaved.

2011/335i Msport/ 6sp Manual/ K&N filter/ Akrapovic Evo Exhaust System/ FORGE FMIC/ Cobb Stage 1 + FMIC
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
drallafi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
I'm in Arizona aswell and have Cobb, I wouldn't run aggressive here with piss 91 octane, I am running the sport map and it's fine. I hope you are using top tier gas like shell or chevron.
Chevron or Quiktrip. Even mixed in some e85 to see if it made a difference; it didn't.

You don't notice any kind of weird power oscillation under about 50% throttle?
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
drallafi
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard29 View Post
I experience similar issues in FL even on 93 octane as soon as I added a FMIC and updated to the new tune stage 1 + with FMIC I noticed a vast improvement in the tune and how it behaved.
Good to know. I'm still waiting on Stage 2+ to be ready, and will likely get a pro tune for ultimate driveability.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #8
ChitownN54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi View Post
Anyone else experiencing it? I only get it under moderate acceleration. When I'm at WOT or just chugging around town, doesn't seem to happen. I uninstalled the COBB because it wasn't quite as smooth as I'd like. Hoping some map updates are coming soon to clear it all up.
I'm running Stage 1 Aggressive and experienced this the first 2 days after flashing this map (only w/ moderate acceleration). I went back, flashed the Sport map, ran it for day without issues. Flashed back to Aggressive and for whatever reason the boost oscillations @ mod. acceleration went away.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #9
Freelo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i (sold)

I have had the Aggressive+FMIC map installed for 4 months. The tune is smooth as glass no issues. And absolutely minimal turbo lag. I have an ETS FMIC and aftermarket charge pipe. Nothing more. 93 octane of course.
Koni sport shocks, BMW performance springs, M3 arms and sways front and rear, M3 subframe bushings, Velocity toe arms, M3 front strut bar, Cobb, ETS FMIC, Vishnu charge pipe, RPI scoops, M3 steering wheel, M3 carbon leather interior trim, Advan RS 18 inch wheels, Pilot sport tires
Appreciate 0