E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How old are you guys?

02-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #133
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Shows my age - that entire sentence might as well be Chinese as far as I'm concerned
wo bu zhi dao ni shuo shen me

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #134
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master View Post
I value experience more than anything. Young drivers always think they're the shit but they fail to understand that experience is needed (along with a certain amount of skill) to be a "good driver".
+1...frontal lobe development.

In humans, the frontal lobe reaches full maturity around only after the 20s.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #135
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
Wow, 6 pages on yet another "how old are you" thread.

Does any one of these ever get started by anyone over the age of 20?

Who gives a shit how old you are, unless you are one of those 20 year old asshats in a blacked out 335i (bought used of course) driving like you own the road, in which case I only hope there's no collateral damage when Darwin catches up with you.

But if you are a nice kid enjoying a nice car, I couldn't care less how you got it and what you think about your or other owners' age. All this age crap is just another symptom of our cars being perceived by superficial douches as "the symbol of success". If you drive a BMW because you are a real car enthusiast who loves cars, I fail to see any reason why you would care about anyone's age.
this +1
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #136
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz_master View Post
I value experience more than anything. Young drivers always think they're the shit but they fail to understand that experience is needed (along with a certain amount of skill) to be a "good driver".
+10K
I agree that most people who consider themselves "good drivers" really aren't. They might be adequate but, good certainly not. Like you posted, it takes experience, skill and a good sense of situational awareness (which most people lack these days it seems). People mistake driving fast with having skills. Just because you ( a general you..not calling anyone out) drive irresponsibly fast in an improper venue does not make you a good driver.

I'm 31
Appreciate 0