E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > E92_33( Michael Kamenetsky) Do I Smell Scam???

03-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #1
bodybump
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: APHINE WHITE E90

E92_33( Michael Kamenetsky) Do I Smell Scam???

Hi Guys couple of days ago i posted that I want to buy Splitters for my E90 ...after couple of days this guy E92_33 contacted me that he has one and can sell it to me for $200...I have put an order already to JBSPEED before this guy contacted me..since im going for a vacation i thought JBSPEED is here in the US that he can shipped it to me before sunday..but since his overseas i dont think it will be here by that time...so i canceled it and went ahead with E92_33...i told him $180 and i send him a shipping label so he can send it next day...this was tuesday..he returned a text message and he said he can only ship thursday because he is so busy..so i said ok..i paid him immidiatley tuesday...Thursday came and i texted him not to forget to ship the package...then night came and i ask him if he shipped the package and he said yes before 5:00pm so i assumed it made to express mail...FRIDAY CAME..NOTHING no sign of scanned item...it never even went out of the facility nor even scanned that it was accepted...So i feel something is not right..Today i texted him again to give and he told me that he will send me the receipt...night came..nothing i keep texting him and he textd me back that his camera is not working and scanner is broken...i said ok then text me the tracking number if you really did ship it...and still he cannot give me that tracking number...He even told me that he cant issue me a refund because he shipped the package already..i said ok then where is the tracking number and he give me all this BS info his not in fron of the paper right now and stuff...IS THIS GUY FOR REAL??? HOW CAN HE NOT GIVE ME A SIMPLE TRACKING NUMBER IF HE REALLY SHIP THE PACKAGE?? I SENT HIM MY SHIPPING LABEL SO IT WOULD BE EASY FOR HIM BUT SEEMS LIKE HE DIDNT USE IT..and now his giving me this BS info that he provided PAYPAL shipping info and not ME??? WTF???Anybody encountered same problem? he seems to sell a lot of things in the forum...Any thoughts will be appreciated!!!

Last edited by bodybump; 03-11-2012 at 12:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
bodybump
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Here is the first message he sent me..

http://www.e90post.com/forums/privat...m&pmid=7441983
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 03:32 AM   #3
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
We can't view your private messages...that's the point of them.

Anyways, did you login to Paypal and see if the shipping info is there like he says? If not, then there is a simple solution - file a dispute. If he can't provide Paypal with legit shipping info, they will take the money back (assuming you didn't gift it). I have sold many things, and in my personal experience, the toughest part is actually finding time to ship it out, and it almost always comes down to asking the buyer to be patient until you ship it. Once you ship it, there's absolutely no reason not to send the tracking number immediately, even before it works.

As far as the excuses go, why did he bother saying the camera and scanner weren't working if he didn't have the info in front of him anyways? If what you're saying is true, these are pretty shady responses.

Whether or not it's a scam, it's shitty practice. If someone kept telling me they didn't get it shipped out, I could understand...but if they claimed it's "shipped" and couldn't send me a tracking number for days, I would dispute it.
      03-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
bodybump
Captain
No_Country
Rep

I totally Agree!!! Simple as sending me a tracking number he cant give it to me...and when i ask for a refund he tols me he provided Paypal with a shipping info but my question is why send paypal shipping info and not to me??Its simple as that if you really shipped the item then why can provide with a shipping info??

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
We can't view your private messages...that's the point of them.

Anyways, did you login to Paypal and see if the shipping info is there like he says? If not, then there is a simple solution - file a dispute. If he can't provide Paypal with legit shipping info, they will take the money back (assuming you didn't gift it). I have sold many things, and in my personal experience, the toughest part is actually finding time to ship it out, and it almost always comes down to asking the buyer to be patient until you ship it. Once you ship it, there's absolutely no reason not to send the tracking number immediately, even before it works.

As far as the excuses go, why did he bother saying the camera and scanner weren't working if he didn't have the info in front of him anyways? If what you're saying is true, these are pretty shady responses.

Whether or not it's a scam, it's shitty practice. If someone kept telling me they didn't get it shipped out, I could understand...but if they claimed it's "shipped" and couldn't send me a tracking number for days, I would dispute it.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
16M4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

This is why I hate doing deals with someone out of state!

Hope all works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
bodybump
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Ist actually supposed to be simple...i pay you ship..thats about it..but this guy is dragging me along that he shipped already but cant provide me any shipping info..he said he used my shipping lable i gace him but the label was not even scanned through fedex....my mistake is i sent my payment through paypal as a gift so that he wont be charge for the fees...and now his telling me he cant refund it because he sent it out already...funny part he cant provide me with shipping info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
This is why I hate doing deals with someone out of state!

Hope all works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
bodybump
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Here is some of his post recently i dont know if anybody really did do business with this guy....

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575735

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605076

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=610188
Appreciate 0