E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Tirerack suck ass!!!

02-08-2007, 10:47 PM   #67
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
pshhhh after he already got them from somewhere else!!!!!!
Hes already got em installed guys!!! bug him for pics
lol this board cant keep no secrets... i was eyeing his bbs lm in his garage
      02-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #68
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 快車

he doesn't have it installed yet
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 01:49 AM   #69
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
hahhaha....I can't believe I missed this thread!

Although its nice to offer a free set now....things have been very poorly handled by TR.

Sponser banner should read...."call us for details regarding your complete package needs"**

**If you only need single items, and are not buying full sets...DO NOT BOTHER. Our staff will not waste their time to give you free advice or verbal explanations. We only stock single items for customers that buy the WHOLE ENCHILADA.
      02-09-2007, 01:52 AM   #70
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
thanks for the offer, i have already bought some and have them on the rims.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #71
VakhariaINC
Private
Rep
Drives: '99 528i sport

I don't think they were in the wrong for doing that. A lot of businesses aren't going to answer your questions if you didn't purchase from them. Main reason is of course, liability issues. We don't know if you purchased something defective, we try to help you - and it becomes more defective for what we told you. Don't want to be responsible for that.

I think you should have this thread deleted. Why didn't you just ask WheelPower how the system attaches to the wheels instead of going to a 3rd party for answers?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 10:16 AM   #72
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VakhariaINC View Post
I don't think they were in the wrong for doing that. A lot of businesses aren't going to answer your questions if you didn't purchase from them. Main reason is of course, liability issues. We don't know if you purchased something defective, we try to help you - and it becomes more defective for what we told you. Don't want to be responsible for that.

I think you should have this thread deleted. Why didn't you just ask WheelPower how the system attaches to the wheels instead of going to a 3rd party for answers?
this is a valve stem we are talking about. how are they liable for a valve stem?? unless it have a self timer bomb onn the valve stem to blow up. then yes they are liable. the LMS was on the e90, now its going on the e92. therefore i need the stem adapters for the tpm. blah blah blah.....i don't need to explain anymore. theres 4 page of this you can read. no i DO NOT WANT TO DELTETE THIS THREAD. this thread will save some other guy time by not calling tirerack for valve stems or tPM. wheel power does not sell bbs anymore. i did contact t hem for my bbs red caps and they can't supply them to me. what makes you think they will have special valve stem??????
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #73
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by VakhariaINC View Post

I bought my BMW from one dealer......and I take it to service at a different dealer for FREE!
      02-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #74
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

I am not saying I agree with the policy of tirerack. I just have one question (not meant to piss you off or annoy you long). The place you bought them from originally does not do BBS wheels anymore right? I think they should have helped you anyways because you spent thousands of dollors there. I would have been more mad at them. Even though they dont sell BBS anymore you spent a lot of money when they did sell them. Why cant they go out of their way for a customer and get the part from them. They should do all the leg work and call anyone they know to get you that part since you bought the wheels from THEM. I hope you see what I am saying and this is not to defend tirerack in anyway its just another way to look at the situation.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #75
VakhariaINC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
I bought my BMW from one dealer......and I take it to service at a different dealer for FREE!
Completely different. BMW is a franchise organization that work together in unison. Doesn't matter which BMW dealership you take it to, they'll service your vehicle for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #76
BrunoT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F-150

I had a recent bad experience with them also, after using them numerous times over the years for both wheels and tires. They had more than one member of management call me repeatedly apologizing and asking for my business back, but I decided to go with discounttiredirect.com.

Why? Because it avoids this type of problem at install time. Tirerack is happy to sell you tires, but if you have an install hassle it's YOUR problem, not theirs. And the installer and tirerack may well fingerpoint at the other if you have vibration or other problems. Discount Tire has brick and mortar locations near me, and they will match their online price (it's higher normally) if you ask, so no passing the buck if there is a problem. They also were $80 cheaper than tirerack with installation on the set of BF goodrich tires for our E90, after shipping, installation, fees, etc were added up. They charge $11/tire for installation, plus some fees. Most places you take Tirerack tires to are more like $25 plus fees. And you are certainly not on the top of another shop's list if you do have a problem, since you didn't buy the tires there.

They are also very unapologetically big-brotherish when it comes to tire selection. They will refuse to sell you a tire that isn't OEM width, citing liability concerns, even though the load rating and tire type are correct.

As for this issue, it basically comes down to this. You are certainly allowed to not sell accessories to people who don't buy wheels from you, as a form of carrot/stick approach to forcing people to buy from you next time. You are also allowed to incur their wrath and never see that customer again. You are allowed to be overly litigation phobic and you will not get sued. You are also allowed to lose a lot of sales from guys who are ticked off that they can't get their reasonable needs met by your company. When they tell you you can't have the 235mm version of a tire that you know fits because you have read posts from 50 guys who have them, and that you will have to accept the 225mm version of the same tire that leaves your rims vulnerable and looks worse, for "safety reasons", you know they've become so large that common sense has gone out the window and dictates from up top are screwing things up. This is a common situation as companies grow. Bean counters and lawyers start running things, and unfortunately, they are not always good businessmen.

Btw, Tire Rack sells you tires, then tells you to go to another place they know little about, to have them installed. Talk about a liability vulnerability! When the tire fails it might not be possible to prove if it was installer or seller fault.

I bought two sets of wheels and 4 or 5 sets of tires from them, and 2 of the 4 transactions I got annoyed by, and one cost me some money. Not great odds. They are close to being a good outfit, but in my opinion the arrogance streak really comes out if you have a problem like this or want something non-standard in terms of tire size. Eventually it comes down to thinking that your marketing is so great you will always find new customers and can afford to lose others. Well, last time I looked, there were tons of tire stores out there, online and on the streets. Obviously most transactions will be smooth. They couldn't have survived otherwise. But you have to ask yourself, do you feel lucky that you won't have a problem?

Last edited by BrunoT; 02-09-2007 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 01:31 PM   #77
Tjoines
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 M3 Convertable

Brucec32,
I'll make no excuse for the way we handled the issue we had regarding the load rating of the tire you selected. We were wrong and our rep was rude in dealing with you. Unfortunately we did not find our error before we you had understandably lost faith in us. I have been with the Tire Rack for 19 years, I hired the rep in question, and I was personally embarrassed by the way our representative acted.

There are a few cases where we will turn down a sale if the tire won't support the load of the vehicle. We don't want to put people in danger of a catastrophic tire failure. While you may be able to accept responsibility for damage to you or your vehicle, your acceptance does not necessarily relieve us from liability to others involved in an accident. We have not been sued over this but other retailers have and have had to pay damages into the millions. That was not the case with the tires you had selected, we had the vehicle information listed incorrectly.

We are happy to assist with supply of a tire if it will handle the GVW of the vehicle and the customer is aware of possible rubbing issues.

I'm not aware of the problem you had with an installer. We do work diligently with the installer and customer to try to resolve any issues and work closely with the tire manufactures to cover any quality issues. We work to assist with the return and replacement and costs incurred to correct the issue.

Installers are independent business and therefore set their own prices. When an customer recommends an new insaller to us installation cost is one of the chriteria we consider. Most installers are mounting tires in the hopes of erring other service work such as alignments, brake work, and maintenance. We have found them to be responsive to assisting us and customers with issues when they arise. If not we do remove them from our recommended installer list.

We work to avoid creating problems for customers. While we don't always succeed in most cases we do. We have made mistakes in the past and, unfortunately, will in the future. We work to learn from the mistakes, make amends when possible, and avoid the repeating them in the future.

I appologize for the length of my posts. I do take complaints seriously. We are not in business to make a quick buck and move on. Posts such as this one help us make corrections so that we can be better at helping current and future customers.
Tim Joines | Director Of Internet Business
__________________________________________________ ________

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
O: 800 428 8355 ext. 303
O: 574 287 2345 ext. 303
F: 413 480 5822
tjoines@tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com

Last edited by Tjoines; 02-23-2007 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: added contact information
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 02:47 PM   #78
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucec32 View Post
When they tell you you can't have the 235mm version of a tire that you know fits because you have read posts from 50 guys who have them, and that you will have to accept the 225mm version of the same tire that leaves your rims vulnerable and looks worse, for "safety reasons", you know they've become so large that common sense has gone out the window and dictates from up top are screwing things up.
This is not likely to be a case we would have any concern over. We may call to make sure you know the tire is larger and may rub depending on the wheel. But if the tire supports the load we would be happy to ship the tires to you.

Tires fail if they can not support the weight of the vehicle, not every time, but the do fail. Risking lives to sell a tire would be difficult to justify to a jury.

Your dealings with us were different. We were wrong, and should not have expressed a concern with the choice you made. It was an alternate size we list on the vehicle you have but we had made an error in the vehicle and then handled the call deplorably.

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com

Last edited by Tjoines; 02-23-2007 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: added contact information
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #79
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Now, I didn't get to read all the posts in this thread, but I read most of them. From the sentiment expressed here towards TireRack.com, I feel comfortable sharing my thoughts on the matter.

Basically I called TireRack inquiring about a wheels and tires package. I asked about the particular wheels I had been looking for, and was then told that they were no longer being carried. Minutes earlier I had checked their website for availability and sure enough it stated that the wheels I was looking for were 'In-Stock'.

Surely that was a minor quibble, sometimes it takes a while to get the site updated, right? Well, when I inquired about other wheels available while on the phone with them I was just given crap and was fought on the whole thing--which I can't understand. I ended up almost hanging up on x (no names given, but you probably can guess who it would be) because of his rude demeanor and pissy attitude.

Sure enough the tirerack didn't get my business. I went to a better vendor, TheModCity, and got higher quality wheels for almost a grand less than I would've paid at that crappy place! Seriously, what a joke TireRack is

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #80
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

I had the same issue. Refused to sell me the TPMS sensors EVEN THOUGH I purchaced a full set of F1 GD-D3's from them. Gary flat out refused to sell the sensors without tires + wheels, and I should have canceled my tire order at that point but I did not. It is, however, the last set of tire's I'll purchace from TR. America's Tire will price match them AND discount ballance/mount, and they answer questions without first determining what dollar value you represent to them.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2007, 06:56 PM   #81
speedgod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
i think i heard once that tirerack was sued and had to pay the claims cuz they lost. they didnt mount tires properly on someone's car and the tire fell off the wheel and the guy ended upd riving into a tree and totalling his car. tirerack had to pay for the damages. so if anything, this is a liabilty policy. if not, they are morons. who cares if long didnt buy the wheels from tirerack? thats like me going into a toys r us and trying to buy an adapter for my PSP and hearing "get lost, u didnt get the psp here, so no ac adapter for u!" wth?

and long, didnt u get the LM's from Hunter?
If it is a liability issue, they should have mentioned this to him. Obviously it is not.
I am a small business owner and if I treated customer that bought product elsewhere and than wanted me to fix it and I refused, I would no longer be in business. One upset customer is a loss of 10 referalls. When customers are upset they are more likely to tell of there bad experiences to friends. My business is all about getting referalls with out that I am dead.
I say shame on TR for lack of service!

SG

-Taylor Knox
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #82
Tjoines
United_States
Rep

We have been able to obtain adequate supplies on the majority of TPMS related products and we are now able to offer them for any wheel and vehicle for which or engineer has application data.

I again apologize that our early effort to ensure we were able to meet customer requests for wheel and tire packages with TPMS products installed due to the very limited availability of the required items caused any inconvenience.

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com

Last edited by Tjoines; 02-23-2007 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: added contact information
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 05:41 PM   #83
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoines View Post
We have been able to obtain adequate supplies on the majority of TPMS related products and we are now able to offer them for any wheel and vehicle for which or engineer has application data.

I again apologize that our early effort to ensure we were able to meet customer requests for wheel and tire packages with TPMS products installed due to the very limited availability of the required items caused any inconvenience.

The Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
tjoines@tirerack.com

good to hear. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #84
wyrm11
///Man of Steel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco 335

If there's one thing this thread proves, it's that e90post sponsoring vendors should train their service reps to ASK "how did you hear about us?" And if the answer is "E90post", they had better deliver OUTSTANDING customer service b/c it's definitely not worth all the PR spinning that the Tire Rack has been forced to do in this thread.

It really is disappointing that an E90post sponsoring vendor wasn't able to give one of our biggest modders (is that a word?) better service. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #85
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
well the other guy does have some valid points... i mean sure it sucks when you can't buy individual parts... the sensor and the valve whatever its called...

but if the guy is selling entire packages and he doesn't want one to be in short supply of the sensor or whatever cause then it wouldn't be an entire package... it would be right for him to refuse to sell long the product.

it does make sense to me at least... some places only sell entire packages... going on that PS3 example... if you were to go to Costco, you'd rarely find a PS3, Nintendo, or whatever console without a bundle of games, controlers, etc--even if you ONLY want the nintendo.

i guess in the end, long should just find somebody else who will sell the correct sensors?(i think thats what he's looking for)... sucks and its frustrating...

-lol didn't read the last pg but yadida!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #86
derrick
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3, i03 i3s, f80

Can we have a conclusion here? I didn't see this thread (thanks for posting Long).

I have a 335i, i have a set of BBS LMs, and my stock valvestems do not fit so yeah, i'm running them with an error message of no sensors.. I skimed the 4 pages, collected that BBS offers something that fits my BERU sensor and the valve stem hole... but--

Who/where do i order it from, and how do i go about doing this? Help? I did email gary in the past about this and pretty much received the same answer "we have our own part", that we fit on the wheels.

*shrug*

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #87
VakhariaINC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm11 View Post
If there's one thing this thread proves, it's that e90post sponsoring vendors should train their service reps to ASK "how did you hear about us?" And if the answer is "E90post", they had better deliver OUTSTANDING customer service b/c it's definitely not worth all the PR spinning that the Tire Rack has been forced to do in this thread.

It really is disappointing that an E90post sponsoring vendor wasn't able to give one of our biggest modders (is that a word?) better service. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you...
Biggest modders? I think you need to get out more...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #88
WilyB
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoines View Post
Yesterday morning I bought 4 Michelin Cup Sport from Tirerack.com. Later, after reading your post above, I went back to Tirerack.com and tried to buy 4 TPMS sensors for the 19" ASA AR1 wheels I got off my son's E36M3.

Here is the warning I got:

Sensors for your vehicle's tire pressure monitoring system cannot be purchased separately. They must be purchased as part of a Tire & Wheel Package.

Now that supplies are adequate, why do you refuse to sell those TPMS?

Appreciate 0