E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > calling our Bmw geek squad! phone help needed!

02-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

calling our Bmw geek squad! phone help needed!

What do you guys think of the New Sony Xperia Z?

Things i like about it - waterproof, nice sleek design and generally looks like a winner to me. I had the S2 and think that was amazing phone but when i upgraded to s3 i hate every bit. I use my iPhone 5 now and it's quite good and nice looking. The Z are said to be in-between these 2 phones but i seen some rumors of s4.

I saw this on Samsung FB page yesterday and its look quite nice if they do make it like this.

Vs sony Z

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

the Sony is very nice. However the S4 does everything better than this (apparently). Also early indication showing its benchmarks results are far better than anything else out/coming out anytime soon.

March 14 the is the release date for the S4. I think I will be getting this.

Best of luck Yoro San.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Sorry to hijack,but am in the market for a new phone too.
Any thoughts on whether the IP5S will start to become a competitor to the new wave of smart phones?
I like my IP4,but was massively underwhelmed with the IP5,so much so,that now I'm out of contract,I've unblocked my phone and have gone with Tesco at £12.50 per month on sim only until something interesting comes along!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Any thoughts on whether the IP5S will start to become a competitor to the new wave of smart phones?
I like my IP4,but was massively underwhelmed with the IP5,so much so,that now I'm out of contract,I've unblocked my phone and have gone with Tesco at £12.50 per month on sim only until something interesting comes along!
I thought all apple boys loved their Iphones?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
It really depend what you want from your phone? Iphone to have everything simply and can put into your pocket with ease.With android phones getting bigger and bigger i've found big phones annoying before so i had a lot of iphones. i used S2 ->iphone 4 ->4S ->S3 ->iPhone 5.

With iPhone there is jailbreak but now that well know app store is closed down it's harder to find( FREE Full Version DEMO) apps hahaha

If S4 does look as good as the one above i'm getting that one!! but sony Xperia seems a good one too since it can go underwater up to 1 meter...those beach holiday will have something fun to do under the water now lol

Now: 718 Cayman GTS / F83 M4
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

I suppose I am a part-fan boy due to the fact that I love having a phone that does everything that I want it to do and in one package.I use apps constantly,so the choice is also a massive issue.
However,I'm aware of its big limitations,hence why I'm still with a 4.
I don't like large phones and they are massively impractical for work,hence another reason to stick with Apple.The move towards almost mini tablet size puts me off-Ill keep reading 'Stuff' magazine and see what's on the horizon!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

To be fair apple have never made a bad phone. I just prefer my phones of the android variety because then I can tinker to my hearts content. My one x is rooted running a very fast Rom. Courtesy of a younger more technically minded cousin.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I probably should be a tech geek given my job but I'm just not massively into these things. I find they all more or less run as fast as I need them to these days.

At the moment I have an S3 and an iPhone5 for testing at work. I've become really used to the S3 in terms of it's size and I do generally prefer Android as it's just developing so much better and faster than the iOS.

My biggest issue with most phones these days is the ergonomics. That S4 is a perfect example. I want a phone that has curved sides to sit in my hand (which just so happens to be curved) and why the hell don't they put something less slippy than shiny plastic or aluminium on the back? To much form over function with most of these products now.