E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90Projector...Fail

08-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
alfaroe2
Private
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire Beauty

E90Projector...Fail

I received the e90Projectors from JLeviSW, installed them and received errors,. While I was trying to figure out what I did wrong, or to purchase new error cancellers I noticed a bit of condensation forming on my headlights. first droplets, then heavy fog. I have tried everything but eventually they still end up foggy. I contacted the people at JLevi and I must say their customer service is absolutely the best! I took pictures of condensation after a small drizzle on my way to work. The most sad part is that I LOVE THE WAY THESE LOOk!!!!! When they arent fogged they look so amazing, and driving at night is an absolute pleasure. Im removing them today, and I am mailing them back to JLevi tomorrow :-( until I figur eout what to do its back to the ugly halogens again.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
alfaroe2
Private
Rep

I fogot pics....... her ethey are.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
svntwosix
Rep
Drives: White

Keep us posted. I was looking forward to these headlights also, but need to figure out how the LED AEs look. So far the only LED AEs on these headlights don't look too great. 5 intense concentrated areas of the circle instead of a smooth flow throughout.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Sorry for the hassle this may have caused! We'll get a replacement sent out as soon as we get the defective unit back.

Thanks for your support!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #5
alfaroe2
Private
Rep

Ok guys so I am bringing back an old post. I had acondensation problem with a set of Depo headlights I purchased from JLevi. So I sent them back and we have been corresponding back and forth with respect to the progress on getting a replacement set shippse back to me. At first iwas told th elights were on back order so I woudl have to wait a bit, and I did so patiently. Then I was told my lights would be shipped out last Wednesday.......they werent. And then today as I go to my desk I receive this ridiculous email:

Eddie,

I'm emailing to inform you that unfortunately I have some bad news.

Our supplier inspected the lights and upon looking at them closer, they discovered that in you in fact modified the original housings in order to accommodate the wiring. Please see the attached picture. Unfortunately since you have modified the original housings/covers, this voids any warranty in regards to condensation issues as you discussed. We will be unable to replace this set of headlamps under warranty.

I really do apologize for this unfortunate turn of events, but my hands are tied, our supplier refuses to replace this set under warranty because of this modification to the headlamps.

I responded today.

Cal, I really must protest. I absolutely did not drill any holes into the back enclosure as there was no reason for me to do so. This picture, is definitely not the set I sent you as I am 100% sure I did not drill any holes into the back enclosure. I know this with certainty because when I let my headlights sit in my house so they could remove condensation I put the back covers on my table upside down.

2nd emailI had more things on my mind)

I am extremely unsatisfied with this. The more I think about it, the more it doesn’t make sense. What wires would I have to drill a hole in the rear for? I really do feel that this is an attempt to prevent warranty being exercised. If I knew that this was the shady customer service going on I would have made a video of what I was sending completely. This is an outrage and I cant believe this is the customer service I have received after being patient, and as helpful as I could be.

WHAT!!!!!!
I was completely shocked!! I waited all this time and after "closer inspection". What's that about?? It makes no sense to me. I never drilled a hole in the back enclosure as there is no need to do so. It just doesnt make any sense to me. And they also send me a pic of a housing with a hole drilled in the back. This is ridiculous to me for many reasons because

1. I know for an absolute fact that i didnt drill any holes into my housing as there isnt a need to do so since all the connections are external.

2. Why did they tell me they were gonna be on back order and then the supplier say after closer inspection they were modded. were the lights just lying around this whole time!!??

3. I feel like this is personally an attempt that the supplier is making to not exercise a valid warranty.

Im so mad right now words cant even describe. If I knew this was going to happen I would have taken 9 million snapshots of the entire return. I am hoping that when Cal receives my emails he will try to help me because at this point I seriously dont know what to do.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
DrDurt
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi

thats shitty. Just throw a grommet around that hole, or hit it with some kwik Seal silicon and call it day
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
alfaroe2
Private
Rep

This was the reponse I just received.

I apologize that you feel this way, but there is nothing we can do to assist you. We have provided more than enough evidence to the contrary that you did not modify anything and yet the only evidence you have to debate this is your word. Unfortunately we will have to go with our supplier's inspection results and we will not be able to assist you.

We will send back the headlights back to you re-assembled and with the condensation removed. In addition to the holes that you drilled, it seems like the internal wiring was also evidently modified, which also voids all warranties associated with this product.

Again, we suggest you seal up the holes that you drilled in order to prevent condensation from re-occuring.

As I reiterated before, there is nothing I can do, my hands are tied. We just can't take your word for it in this matter unfortunately.

Didn’t you guys inspect them when I shipped them out?? How can you just take someone’s word when that someone has to give a brand new set of headlights back? Why would you take your supplier’s word and not mine? Because of a picture of a rear headlight with a hole drilled? And as for the internals that is absolutely just ridiculous. What need is there for me touching the internals? I received the lights installed them , they fogged. I removed them opened them up blow dried them as instructed , left them open, sealed them back and they still fogged. This is a joke.

Apparently nobody has inspected my lights until Friday and only after "closer inspection" they realized I did all this torture on plug and play headlights. This is such bs!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaroe2 View Post
This was the reponse I just received.

I apologize that you feel this way, but there is nothing we can do to assist you. We have provided more than enough evidence to the contrary that you did not modify anything and yet the only evidence you have to debate this is your word. Unfortunately we will have to go with our supplier's inspection results and we will not be able to assist you.

We will send back the headlights back to you re-assembled and with the condensation removed. In addition to the holes that you drilled, it seems like the internal wiring was also evidently modified, which also voids all warranties associated with this product.

Again, we suggest you seal up the holes that you drilled in order to prevent condensation from re-occuring.

As I reiterated before, there is nothing I can do, my hands are tied. We just can't take your word for it in this matter unfortunately.

Didn’t you guys inspect them when I shipped them out?? How can you just take someone’s word when that someone has to give a brand new set of headlights back? Why would you take your supplier’s word and not mine? Because of a picture of a rear headlight with a hole drilled? And as for the internals that is absolutely just ridiculous. What need is there for me touching the internals? I received the lights installed them , they fogged. I removed them opened them up blow dried them as instructed , left them open, sealed them back and they still fogged. This is a joke.

Apparently nobody has inspected my lights until Friday and only after "closer inspection" they realized I did all this torture on plug and play headlights. This is such bs!
I understand where you are coming from Eddie, I'll be giving our supplier a call personally to try and work out a more viable solution. Hopefully we can find a good resolution that all parties can come to agreement with.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #9
alfaroe2
Private
Rep

Thanks Cal, that ould be greatly appreciated. But you could understadn where I am coming from and the absolute shock when I came in and saw that email.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
BimmerProject
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

why you go oem.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
alfaroe2
Private
Rep

OK Guys so the verdict is that the suppliers refused to exchange my headllights for a new set even though I didnt drill into mine. Cal and I tried to work somethign out with the supplier but it was no good. After all was said and done I guess I'm just gonna get this set back :-( Cal was nice enough to seal the hole for me and remove the condensation, and he also gave me a gift voucher for all the troubles taht have occured with the lights. So I guess things worked for the best but it would have been waayyy more difficult and troublesome if I didnt have the folks at JLevi's support. They definitely did try everything to work somethign out with the suppliers and for that I thank them. Good to know there is still some great customer service out there!!

Thanks Cal
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaroe2 View Post
OK Guys so the verdict is that the suppliers refused to exchange my headllights for a new set even though I didnt drill into mine. Cal and I tried to work somethign out with the supplier but it was no good. After all was said and done I guess I'm just gonna get this set back :-( Cal was nice enough to seal the hole for me and remove the condensation, and he also gave me a gift voucher for all the troubles taht have occured with the lights. So I guess things worked for the best but it would have been waayyy more difficult and troublesome if I didnt have the folks at JLevi's support. They definitely did try everything to work somethign out with the suppliers and for that I thank them. Good to know there is still some great customer service out there!!

Thanks Cal
No problem Ed, thanks for your understanding in the matter.
Appreciate 0