E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Lease due but want to buy back

06-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Lease due but want to buy back

Hey guys, my lease is due by mid October but I'm interested in buying this car out. Please advice if there is anything I can do now to make it easier...

- Can I renegotiate on the buyback?
- How do I get it certified as CPO? Can you get better prices for the extended warranty from other dealers or only the one I bought it from?
- What other charges involved ... as in anything other than taxes on the buyback amount?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #2
Kalidian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi

Not sure if you'll be able to renegotiate a buyback price since I believe the lease you signed at the beginning states the buyout price at the end.

To get it CPO'd it would cost you around ~$3k I believe (varies depending on dealer and the car being certified), it's essentially a type of extended warranty, so depending on how old your car is/how many km's on it, it may be superfluous to get the actual extended warranty too. But I'm sure you can get the car CPO'd or purchase an extended warranty from any dealer - they're basically just brokers for BMW and the dealer you leased it from doesn't actually own the car, so go wherever you like to get it done.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

residual is not negotiable. Period.

Around mid September, you should check out Autotrader & other online used car sites to see what is the going price (similar to yours) they are listing.

If the buyout is very high (in comparison to used ones available out there), then why would you want to pay that and instead, you could buy one of those on the listing.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

Thanks guys.

Is the extended warranty from BMW or getting it certified, worth it and do you have to do it before it hits 80k?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #5
ek01
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 328 Cabriolet

I just my 09 328 cab out of the lease.

Buyout was much less than what was being asked on autotrader.

Don't forget to get a safety done when you go get the ownership transferred.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Thanks guys.

Is the extended warranty from BMW or getting it certified, worth it and do you have to do it before it hits 80k?
You have to pay to get the inspection ~350 before 80k.

Worth it? many components might not be covered (electronics) but if you intend to keep the vehicle for a while, probably get it.

In the past, having the extended warranty on my Audi A4 was worth it, despite the 50 deductible.