E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > UPDATE Clutchmasters response to slipping clutch

08-10-2011, 04:25 PM   #45
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iLI View Post
I never went wot when i first got it, not even close. I babied that clutch, but you still have to drive the car and it slipped under light throttle postions something I cant help. The clutch holds fine now except every once in a while ill get a quick blip in throttle rpm. Also the very high engagement is a bit annoying for me. The reason for me switching now is just overall feel of the clutch, i dont like it nor does anyone who drives my car. The lwfw is great but the noise from it is getting to me. People always ask me if my car is broken.
you really shouldn't say CM's quality is bad because their lwfw chatters in the low RPMs...that's just the nature of lightweight flywheels...on the other hand if the clutch goes prematurely for a given acceptable power level and you did a proper brake-in that's a different story....
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #46
335iLI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
Again, sorry to hear about the frustrations, but you're wrongfully throwing CM under the bus.

After your initial glazing of the clutch from going WOT the slipping the clutch first time driving the new clutch it likely never recovered. You make it seem like the clutch is defective, where the real problem revolves around a huge error made by you, the user. This is not due to a faulty install or defective clutch, it is simply not broken in properly, if at all, and was glazed like a donut.

Not trying to sound harsh, just a bit ridiculous how people try to blame companies for their own mistakes.
Doesnt it seem weird brian that there have been a good amount of complaints about CM. I have really not heard one negative comment about ACT.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #47
335iLI
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
you really shouldn't say CM's quality is bad because their lwfw chatters in the low RPMs...that's just the nature of lightweight flywheels...on the other hand if the clutch goes prematurely for a given acceptable power level and you did a proper brake-in that's a different story....
I shouldnt have linked those two thoughts together. I like the lwfw and along with that comes chatter. It has nothing to do with how its made. Im just tired of listening to it.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 10:05 AM   #48
Overboost
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i

Quote:
yes found this very weird also. You put the organic side facing the fly wheel correct? Clutchmasters said it can go either way.
Yeah organic facing flywheel.
PROCEDE V5, AR CATLESS DP's, HELIX FMIC, ER CHARGE PIPE AND TIAL BOV, OHLINS ROAD AND TRACK COILOVERS, INJEN INTAKE, AWD TURBO UPGRADE, VISHNU PWM METHANOL INJECTION, AMS CATBACK EXHAUST, M3 FRONT SUSPENSION COMPONENTS,VOLK RE30 19X9F 19X10R W/ YOKOHAMA ADVAN AD08 265/275
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #49
Overboost
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i

Quote:
I shouldnt have linked those two thoughts together. I like the lwfw and along with that comes chatter. It has nothing to do with how its made. Im just tired of listening to it.
After 1500-2000miles the chatter went away when driving without the AC. Now it only chatters periodically when i turn the AC on and i'm at a complete stop. I think if we could raise the idle to about 850-900 we wouldnt have that chatter issue.
PROCEDE V5, AR CATLESS DP's, HELIX FMIC, ER CHARGE PIPE AND TIAL BOV, OHLINS ROAD AND TRACK COILOVERS, INJEN INTAKE, AWD TURBO UPGRADE, VISHNU PWM METHANOL INJECTION, AMS CATBACK EXHAUST, M3 FRONT SUSPENSION COMPONENTS,VOLK RE30 19X9F 19X10R W/ YOKOHAMA ADVAN AD08 265/275
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #50
335iLI
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Quote:
After 1500-2000miles the chatter went away when driving without the AC. Now it only chatters periodically when i turn the AC on and i'm at a complete stop. I think if we could raise the idle to about 850-900 we wouldnt have that chatter issue.
My car idles at 500rpm and it makes so much noise. If i bring it up to 800 or 900 it goes away I've talked to Vishnu they said it would be easy to do.
Appreciate 0