E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Is this covered under warranty?

02-07-2008, 08:52 PM   #1
Mofo
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Is this covered under warranty?

Hey guys, I have a question regarding warranty work.

I have leatherette seats and the seam edge is starting to wear from me getting in and out of the car. You can clearly see the white part already. Is this covered? Would they replace the whole seat?

Also, along my windshield I can see little rust worms under the paint. The actual rust you cannot see though. You think they would take care of this?
      02-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #2
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

I'd say yes, the only way to find out for sure though is call your local dealer ask them
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
driverseven
Curve junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228 Black

The theory is that if you're still under warranty and there is something that doesn't work the way it should and it wasn't abused, it's covered. From the way you describe it, it should be covered but it is probably a judgment call.

They replaced the little vinyl piece on the inside of my door arm -- they called it the door pull -- because it was scratched at 48K. I had put my keys there a few times causing the scratch, so I didn't think they would cover it. But they did. (I didn't open up my mouth and say how it happened. I showed him and he said they'd take care of it.)

I don't know if they'll replace your seat but they may have someone re-stitch it.

You definitely should try. But some dealers are better than others.
      02-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #4
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

some dealers will warranty it others wont...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 07:42 AM   #5
Kiss335i
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

I had the same problem with my 2003 VW GTI, They change the back of seat under warranty, but the color of the black leather was a little diferent form the original! The car was at 45k!

K.I.S.S ...Keep it simple stupid
Appreciate 0