E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > stuck oil change indication?

02-19-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 TL Type-S

stuck oil change indication?

I changed the oil about 8k miles ago. Today I checked the display for the next oil change, and it shows 15k miles. I swear it was down to a few k a few weeks ago. And the thing is, I just reset the transmission a couple of days ago. So, I wonder if it's possible that I reset the oil change indication myself by accident? How do the dealers reset it? Anyone have similar experience?

Car is Aug 05 built, with one software update (v23 or 24 I believe).
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Cerezo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 TL Type-S

no one?

I know that you get a free oil change every year. What I am concerned about is not the oil change, but rather questioning whether other count downs are correct. Front brake shows 32k miles and rear shows 26k, spark plug shows 80k. Brake fluid was changed at last service 6 months ago so I am not concerned. Granted that I don't drive hard (daily commute on weekdays and a baby on board on weekend), but locking at 15k just doesn't make sense to me. What are the counts for brake etc. when the car is brand new anyone know?

car has ~26k miles, done two oil changes so far.
Appreciate 0