E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Alignment issue?

02-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
checuervo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Garage List
2008 E93  [0.00]
Alignment issue?

Whenever I take my hands off the wheel (for testing!) the car starts to drift to the left.

Is this an alignment issue that the dealer should fix? Or an annoyance that I should deal with...? Opinions?

1989 Ford Tempo, blue
1984 Toyota Van, brown
1982 Volvo Station wagon, yellow
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
L~R~G nor cal
Perfection Is In The Details
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
It could be the road. All roads are designed to have a camber so water flows off and does not accumulate. But in your case the car should pull right, not left.

I would:
1. Check the PSI in the tires
2. Find the flatest road possible and steer it right. See if the car:
A. stays right (good)
B. Comes back to center and stays (good)
C. Or pulls all the way back and starts heading left (get it looked at)
3. If you still have this problem take it back to the deailership and have them take a look at it. I think it would be key to tell them that it has been like this from the day you bought the car and you just thought it would get better as the suspension settled, but inturn it became worse. I think this will make a solid statement and make them pay for the expences for I am not sure if allignment is covered.

Your car will never track perfeclty stright, but in my option it should not only track to the left. The way roads are designed and how our cars are designed it should track right if anything or just be unpredictable. If it only tracks one way, then it should ither be a tire issue or an allignment issue.

*I do not conside myself a expect in this area, but because not one person has helped you out I did my best to give you imput on what I would do if I had this problem. Other please feel free to correct me and chime in.
      02-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #3
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Mine goes the other way AFTER they did some work on the steering column. I'm taking it back when I can combine an appointment to have their leather guy fix some unraveling seat lines.
Appreciate 0