E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 100k warranty, anyone have dealership fix rattles, etc.?

02-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
ejheverest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

100k warranty, anyone have dealership fix rattles, etc.?

Has anyone brought their car into the dealership for a rattling dash, drivers seat squeaking, passenger side cup holder stuck when retracted, door handles sticking, windnoise from sunroof? i want to know what to expect before i go to the dealership.

I looked on bmwusa and under warranty for CPO'd cars they say the following is NOT COVERED----

Upkeep Items
Maintenance; engine, transmission, and body adjustments; wheel alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of a covered repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and Tear
All wear and tear items as defined in The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan Consumer Information Statement (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior
Paint; glass; headlamps; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, moldings, and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; convertible top (all components except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion, or contamination, except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories
Radio/cassette player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, or any components of those systems; non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.
      02-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
japac1
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
Those things you mentioned should and will be covered under your basic 4yr/50,000 warranty. However, I feel that a lot of service centers don't spend a lot of time on these non-mechanical issues and be prepared for a lot of "I couldn't hear it" or "that's normal"...Learn how to troubleshoot some of these interior items yourself...good luck