E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Worst BMW buying experience ever......

06-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #23
Inzane
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
The best part was they were trying to justify how their factories are cutting production because of the decrease in demand in North America , and blah blah.
Say what? I find that ironic as the dealerships here in Alberta are constantly bragging how they are continuing beating their sales records month after month here.

Go figure...

I'm not looking forward to dealing with them next spring when I should be ready to buy an E90.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #24
THE_PRO
Canada
Rep
Drives: like a madman

that's some serious bullshit.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #25
Andy M
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 335i xdrive

Actually, from my little knowledge of contract law (I'm not a lawyer, just an engineer but we have to know a bit about how contracts work), the contract is made when BMW delivers in your product. For a contract to be created, there needs to be an exchange (either services, cash, or product), consideration (as in you being able to consider the offer), and the offer/acceptance. I would expect that you have the offer/acceptance, consideration, and PART of the exchange (money for car) but the exchange was not completed because that dealership didn't deliver on your vehicle.

Now if the contract signed said they can keep the money if say you decide not to take the car, then you might be stuck. But they probably specify some sort of duration because it would be unreasonable to do so otherwise. Otherwise, I would suspect you should be able to take your deposit back and go somewhere else.

Actually I don't know out east but here in Alberta, Edmonton BMW is pretty bad in terms of service (i.e. respecting customers). Not just my experience with them but several other people I know too. Bavaria BMW and Calgary BMW is quite good.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [8.50]
2006 325i  [8.00]
sorry to hear, hope everything works out for you
      06-18-2008, 02:14 PM   #27
Inzane
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
I'm not a lawyer, just an engineer

here in Alberta, Edmonton BMW is pretty bad in terms of service (i.e. respecting customers). Not just my experience with them but several other people I know too. Bavaria BMW and Calgary BMW is quite good.
Hi Andy,

Fellow Engineer here, also living in Edmonton.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #28
Streetfish
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xdrive

might want to re-think cancelling your order. you may have to wait longer but prices/rates have gone up a lot since april. i assume you are locked in your current deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #29
BMW!
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
Worst BMW buying experience ever......

It has been long since I wanted to get a nice car to enjoy, and finally I felt it was the right moment. I know the states were selling the Bimmer’s for a much better price so I was going to import a 335i coupe for myself, but I decided to check out the 335i coupe in person to make sure it’s the car I want, so I went to:

BMW Autohaus

480 Steeles Avenue West , Thornhill , ON L4J 6X6
Phone: 1(888)485-6633 Fax: (905) 886-3381
E-mail: info@bmwautohaus.ca

This was back in late April, and my Sales Rep is David Wang, and after he said I could get a car as early as May, latest early June. In less than 30 minutes, I chose my options, color and bought my first BMW.

When June came around and I did not hear A WORD about my car, so I called and their answer was “it JUST WENT into production.” At this point I was beyond upset, I mean, I bought the car because they PROMISED I would get a car soon, so after I sign, they got my deposit and screw me?

I was then told they might be able to loan me a car for the time being while waiting for my car to arrive or they might be able to find me something in their stock that’s similar. I went into the dealership last Saturday, June 14th. I was then told by my sales rep that he has no time for me and asked me to leave and come back next week. I’ve never been treated like this as a customer, and up to this point I believe I have been very cooperating. So I left with no car and disappointed…again.

Today, I went in again with my best friend, thinking I was going to leave with a 335i Coupe or at least get a car to drive until I get my car. I started talking to the Manager Lorenzo Fahoum and everything was going well until he said “there’s nothing I can do, you’ll have to come back when the General Manager’s here.” My best friend asked him why he called us in if there’s NOTHING he could do. He said “I don’t know why either, I told David not to call you guys.” My buddy pretty much bitched him out for wasting our time, and he then proceeds to say he’s just an Assistant Manager and we’re just shooting the messenger. I find them extremely unprofessional and once again, I was told to COME BACK AGAIN! He told us the manager has already left because HE COULDN’T WAIT FOR US.

I'm sorry but I work in downtown, and I get off at work at 6pm, the manager left at 5pm....how you expect me to go uptown to meet on HIS TIME. Once again, I thought I WAS the customer. I mean...he just left! Does he want my business or not? Why did he setup the meeting when he knows there's nothing he can do for us? Waste my time? This is my 3rd visit to the dealership. I wanted to cancel my order right there, and the assistant manager said he is the wrong person to talk to. So right now....I don't have my car....manager doesn't give a shit....and apparently I cannot cancel my order. Wow...is this really BMW?

Is it my fault that they over promised and could not deliver? The best part was they were trying to justify how their factories are cutting production because of the decrease in demand in North America , and blah blah. Now, the last time I checked that’s their internal issue, the matter of the fact is they did not fulfill their promise. Right now I just want my money back or they could give me something of similar packaged (or better) 335i coupe as a penalty.

Jacky
I bet your car was built and went to another customer
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #30
BMW!
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenqdz View Post
if u do bought the car at the end..... right b4 they ask u to give them all 5's just give them a big fat middle finger!
+111111111
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #31
victor328
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i e92 AW / 02 C230

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW! View Post
I bet your car was built and went to another customer
Don't think so, I ordered mine early April and I'm still waiting for it ! All I know is that I went into this deal already expecting a delay, through previous experience with other things, most times when things have to be ordered from a factory there is always a delay somewhere. eg. I bought a new sofa a few years ago, wait 3 months for it and when they came to deliver it, it was the wrong colour, had to wait another 3 months. Bought a new condo and was told it would be complete in August, had to wait till April of the next year !! Now take into account a car which is built on another continent, from one factory that makes cars for the rest of the world, plus shipping the car across the ocean, all these things make for a car being delayed.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #32
alan93rsa
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe Crimson Red/Black

Dealers have allocations. When I ordered my car the guy gave me a number told me when to expect the car and where to go on the web to begin tracking the car. I ordered it near the end of December and got it 7 weeks later, one week earlier than stated.

At this point if I were the OP I'd do the following:

1. Get my deposit back
2. Find a new dealer
3. Order an 09.

Use the extra time to save for the difference in price if money is an issue.
      06-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #33
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT coupe Montego Blue

BMW must have a rep for being shitty to deal with. My dealer wasn't fantastic either. My past two Lexus cars were much easier to purchase than this one. I don't know if I will buy a new car at all next time around anyway. It is just a waste of money.
      06-18-2008, 06:46 PM   #34
victor328
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i e92 AW / 02 C230

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=alan93rsa;2847834]Dealers have allocations. When I ordered my car the guy gave me a number told me when to expect the car and where to go on the web to begin tracking the car. I ordered it near the end of December and got it 7 weeks later, one week earlier than stated.

[QUOTE]

Here in Canada we can't track the car, we don't have the "owners circle" like you do in the USA. I had a production number and even set up a fake US address to see if I could track the car but when I entered the production number it would say "not valid" or something like that.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #35
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
Actually, from my little knowledge of contract law (I'm not a lawyer, just an engineer but we have to know a bit about how contracts work), the contract is made when BMW delivers in your product. For a contract to be created, there needs to be an exchange (either services, cash, or product), consideration (as in you being able to consider the offer), and the offer/acceptance. I would expect that you have the offer/acceptance, consideration, and PART of the exchange (money for car) but the exchange was not completed because that dealership didn't deliver on your vehicle.

Now if the contract signed said they can keep the money if say you decide not to take the car, then you might be stuck. But they probably specify some sort of duration because it would be unreasonable to do so otherwise. Otherwise, I would suspect you should be able to take your deposit back and go somewhere else.

Actually I don't know out east but here in Alberta, Edmonton BMW is pretty bad in terms of service (i.e. respecting customers). Not just my experience with them but several other people I know too. Bavaria BMW and Calgary BMW is quite good.
Way back in 10/06 when I ordered my car, they gave me $1700 off over the telephone. I was really anxious to get something in writing, because no other dealership at the time would give me that much off on a coupe, and there were no coupes. I wanted something in writing and showing my production #, otherwise what do I have except a conversation that is he said she said? It took them 3 days to write it up--a sign of the times. It's as if the dealership could take it or leave it, if I disappear someone else would take the production number. Today, it'd be the dealership pushing to get the paperwork signed. It's astounding how many cars including M's are piling up on the lots. WTF are the chances of selling 5 M5's? That's how many I counted 2 weeks ago on the lot. There were 4 new M3's (not sure what the status of them were). Like 8 E92's. Wouldn't surprise me if they offered me low 30's for my 2k7 335 as a trade, maybe even high 20's.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 10:05 PM   #36
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

Hi Guys,
Here's an update. Apparently, after filing a complaint to BMW Canada and posting this forum link to them, the Sales Manager at BMW Autohaus finally called me during MY work hours. Hoping to be treated with some respect I was greeted with a bitch session of why I posted this link to tarnish their image at BMW Autohaus. I explained to him, I am just voicing my bad experience with you guys. If it was a good experience, I will also post it here, it just happened to be bad...really bad. He goes on about that he feels bad about selling the 335 to me now since I filed a complaint against them exposed my experience to this forum. So I told him to cancel my order, and he replied that I can't because of the 90 days deliver on the contract. I told him the issue was that your BMW sales rep promised me it should arrived by now and he said this was not written on contract. So what....you are saying, everything that comes out of a BMW Autohaus sales rep mouth is bullsheit until it is written in contract? This is not just about BMW Autohaus over promised something that they didn't deliever, this is also about how they treat me us as a customer. Making me visit the dealership 3 times without solving a thing is not good customer service. This is not about the contract, this is more about business ethic now. I chose to go to BMW to be treated like a somebody, not being called at work getting bitched out by the SM. (Does all BMW customer get bitched out by the SM? I don't know). After this I told him I am working now, I'll call him when I am done, he told me he finishes at 5pm. Go figure...everybody has to work. This time I called BMW Canada directly and told them my experience, they in return was very friendly and nice and seem to sided with me. They said the dealership is independly owned so they can not force them to return my deposit, but they can put this specific complaint against them and will look into it. I was really happy with BMW Canada since they actually CARE about their customer. I called BMW Autohaus back after my work hours, and it seems I can't find the SM anymore...disappeared once again. Can't wait until he calls me back again....will update you guys some more when it happens. I've already put the $1000 deposit in suspended mode from my credit hard and changed my VISA number. This experience is becoming a nightmare.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #37
BMWFM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xit

Cancel. There is no excuse for bad customer service and communication.

Great move on the credit card. How about organizing a conf call between the dearler and BMW Canada. Just put one the dealer on hold and call BMW, then conference them in...
Also, may be interesting to record the conversations with the dealer (not sure if you can do this legally in Canada).

In the end, the car is worth it. Hope you find a good (read acceptable) stealer.

FM
F34 335i xDrive, M Sport, Alpine White, Black Dakota, Dark Burl, Dynamic Handling, Technology, Driver Assistance, Premium, Active Cruise Control, Heated Seats, Side and Top View Cameras, European Delivery, Debadged
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #38
Draconis
Rep
Drives: 335

Apparently BMW Canada should already contacted them about my issue. Tried contact the SM after that, he disappeared on me....

Jacky

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 04:14 AM   #39
john0213
The Allergy Season
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 Blk Saph. 335xi

conference calling, good idea~!!

If i were you, i would also record the conversation. I will "suggest" them that if they did not admit their fault, I will publicize this conversation along with sending the recording to BMW Canada as hard proof. Plus, I would also help them advertise on few local newspaper and news media about the happening.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 09:44 AM   #40
THE_PRO
Canada
Rep
Drives: like a madman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasspeed View Post
BMW must have a rep for being shitty to deal with. My dealer wasn't fantastic either. My past two Lexus cars were much easier to purchase than this one. I don't know if I will buy a new car at all next time around anyway. It is just a waste of money.
Now that you mention it, I remember Lexus sent my mother flower, thanking her for purchasing a Lexus.

Okay, I would seriously not take any more of their crap if I were you. You're a customer that is paying them a lot of cash to buy their product. You're not buying a $20 dollar toy. I'm actually a little surprised that they would go that far, because at the end of the day they could simply give back your deposit and end all this fuss in a second.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #41
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Unacceptable. I would try everything to get out of that and stick it to the man.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 10:29 AM   #42
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

WOW I am a C.A and would never dream of pulling this crap if anything I would be begging for forgivness if I screwed up like this!!!! And I hate to say it but I feel like alot of these piss poor dealerships are ruining the BMW reputation!! with the economy I kiss butt to every client who buys from me on the sole basis that in the end they put the bread on your table and I have found bmw clients are loyal if treated correctly!
ask this guy where he got his degree in ethics!!! I am ashamed for him and the quickest way to ruin a dealership now a days is to pull lame crap like this! Because now word travels very fast!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #43
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
yup, sounds like that typical BMW dealer that gives BMW a bad name.

Hope you get your money back, demand nothing less, and take your business elsewhere. Buy a VW if you HAVE to but leave those bastards.
      06-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #44
cadbimmer
BeeeeYaaaaa
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I also had the worst buying experience ever with anything when i bought from AUTOWEST BMW. I sell cars and i would never dream of treating a customer the way i was treated. I feel your pain man. i was expecting a great buying experience on a great car but never got it either. #1 Rule in the car biz is your better to under promise and over deliver than to over promise and under deliver.
Appreciate 0