Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > VMR V710

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #45
Damage Inc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsig View Post
Mine also chipped the same way, and badly. All the lug holes, centers, etc.
I recently traded in my 2006 330i and got an 09 335i.
I took them to my paint guy (best in town and very enthusiast friendly)..
He took one look at the finish and called it.... Well lets just leave it at "substandard".

He is currently painting mine Gunmetal (they were silver). And promises his finish wont chip like the original. And I belive it...

The 710 is a really great design, its not too heavy... and its cheap. But lets not mince words, the paint on them is rather "substandard" in mine, and my paint guy's opinion.

I'll have some pics up soon of my custom gunmetal 710s.

I get lots of compliments on the design of the wheel, and it is a great look. Mine are true and not too heavy... But I would plan on having them properly repainted if you are detail oriented and dont tend to curb your wheels, etc.

The girl who works at the local BMW dealer even said they were the best design on a wheel she'd ever seen on an E90. (and no she doesnt work in the office, she works in the shop.... as in with tools... as if she wasnt hot enough on her own....)
how much did it cost to get them repainted?

Past Performance Cars: 01 M3, 05 M3, 06 M5, 08 M6, 08 M3, 11 M3, 13 M3, 15 M3, 911 C4S, 911 GTS, 17 M2,R8 V8, R8 RWS
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 02:48 AM   #46
xquizit
Iran
Rep
Drives: his parents crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
Oh man, if powder coated chips off that easily. I'm really afraid of buying painted gunmetal/matte blacks from EAS.
+1

Also heard complaints about their matte black chipping.

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:14 AM   #47
Peter@VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquizit View Post
+1

Also heard complaints about their matte black chipping.
If I can add in my .02 on this, the number of wheels we warranty is nowhere near the amount of rumors swirling around. That might be due to the # of pictures cross posted across multiple threads.

Regardless, if there is any hint of a problem you can bet that we will be there to take care of it. We try our best to ensure that all customers are satisfied regardless of whether they run into problems or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:28 AM   #48
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

This is one of the most popular aftermarket wheels out there, especially among the E46 community. So before people start panicking, they should probably consider the track record a bit more.

And good on you VMR for looking after the OP.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 03:52 AM   #49
xquizit
Iran
Rep
Drives: his parents crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@VMRWheels View Post
If I can add in my .02 on this, the number of wheels we warranty is nowhere near the amount of rumors swirling around. That might be due to the # of pictures cross posted across multiple threads.

Regardless, if there is any hint of a problem you can bet that we will be there to take care of it. We try our best to ensure that all customers are satisfied regardless of whether they run into problems or not.
Just stating that there are "rumors." I am in the market for VMR, but after hearing about AluFelgen doing a low-pressure cast on their wheels...well that caught my attention.

Time to get back on topic.

I miss my e90 330i
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 04:50 AM   #50
Peter@VMRWheels
United_States
Rep

Drives: P85D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquizit View Post
Just stating that there are "rumors." I am in the market for VMR, but after hearing about AluFelgen doing a low-pressure cast on their wheels...well that caught my attention.

Time to get back on topic.
No problem, just want to offer clarification on my part.

The rumor mill has been getting somewhat out of hand lately and we suspect the intent behind certain postings.

In either case if you have any questions feel free to contact us!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #51
jlwM3
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 335 Coupe, Dinan Stage3

VMR comments

Greetings: It really should NOT come as a huge surprise that quality control on a wheel costing $900 for a set of four, is going to disappoint. Know-quality BBSs are $400-900 a peace and HREs start at $1000 per. C'mon guys, if you bought your car used and you don't have much $$ in it, by all means, feel good about cheap wheels. If you're into your ride for $50K+ plus the mods, does it makes sense to to put the K-Marts on, only to be disappointed? Just a thought.
J
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #52
DefBringer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwM3 View Post
Greetings: It really should NOT come as a huge surprise that quality control on a wheel costing $900 for a set of four, is going to disappoint. Know-quality BBSs are $400-900 a peace and HREs start at $1000 per. C'mon guys, if you bought your car used and you don't have much $$ in it, by all means, feel good about cheap wheels. If you're into your ride for $50K+ plus the mods, does it makes sense to to put the K-Marts on, only to be disappointed? Just a thought.
J
Yes, except the problem is more expensive wheels aren't necessarily better. BBS and Volk are safe bets. HRE? You couldn't pay me enough to put that garbage on my car.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #53
LCIr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW LCI 335i

wheels are great...lots of compliments....and I do baby my car very much even the wheels...especially the wheels...

After 3 weeks of install

one of the rear wheels...paint are chipping, VERY rough to the touch in one part of the wheel near the lip....brake dust is just baking on the rough part...so disappointing....

I bought it from Vince @ Eurorev...he has been taking care of me from the beginning...very excellent service...when he saw it...both of us became surprised...

I know Vince is in contact with VMR as we speak....Charles..or any VMR guys...please assist Vince is solving my problem...

Thanks and more power...
      08-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #54
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefBringer View Post
Yes, except the problem is more expensive wheels aren't necessarily better. BBS and Volk are safe bets. HRE? You couldn't pay me enough to put that garbage on my car.
Wait really? HRE is among the top wheel aftermarket custom manufacturers, most people pay to get their wheels on their car
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #55
VMRWheels
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCIr View Post
I know Vince is in contact with VMR as we speak....Charles..or any VMR guys...please assist Vince is solving my problem...

Thanks and more power...
Currently looking into this as we speak! If you could forward some photos over to me as well, I would be glad to take a look.

charles@velocitymotoring.com

-Charles@VMRWheels
      08-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #56
LCIr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW LCI 335i

Thanks Charles...I know with VMR service...this will be resolved...

Vince should have sent it yesterday....He saw it in person and took some photos...

Let me know...
      08-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #57
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
bess