E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth questions

03-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
E92White
**N54 Power Baby**
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i SGM

Question Meth questions

Hey guys I'm pretty sure I got my kit setup already,but u have a few questions so instead of polluting Terry's and coolingmist's inbox I'd like to pick some of your brains. Btw i'm referring to
those with the basic cm kit,who can relate since I don't have the
cmgs and I know that's a whole different animal.

Ok so when I'm @ partial throttle I can see IAT's drop significantly..however if I go WOT..IATs creep up but then cool down as soon as I let off the throttle.
Is this the way it should work ? Anything I need to adjust ?

Another thing,am I supposed to feel a big difference ? Because
honestly I don't feel any difference with the meth other than my fmic doesn't really get heatsoaked anymore. Guess I was thinking I'd feel a huge power difference
similar to running racefuel on a racemap.

Also are all of you guys running the M5 nozzle that comes with it ? Any benefit going with a bigger nozzle? Say an M10 perhaps ?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Subscribed
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
I've seen a few people raving about the M10 nozzle over on n54. Are you jb3 2.0? Are you logging to see what your boost level is at? Did you up the map level when you went to meth? You really need the higher map to take advantage of the timing possibilties and higher boost.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
BoostedCosta
SUPERMAN
Rep
Drives: AW e90 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92White View Post
Hey guys I'm pretty sure I got my kit setup already,but u have a few questions so instead of polluting Terry's and coolingmist's inbox I'd like to pick some of your brains. Btw i'm referring to
those with the basic cm kit,who can relate since I don't have the
cmgs and I know that's a whole different animal.

Ok so when I'm @ partial throttle I can see IAT's drop significantly..however if I go WOT..IATs creep up but then cool down as soon as I let off the throttle.
Is this the way it should work ? Anything I need to adjust ?

Another thing,am I supposed to feel a big difference ? Because
honestly I don't feel any difference with the meth other than my fmic doesn't really get heatsoaked anymore. Guess I was thinking I'd feel a huge power difference
similar to running racefuel on a racemap.

Also are all of you guys running the M5 nozzle that comes with it ? Any benefit going with a bigger nozzle? Say an M10 perhaps ?
first off u really should go part throttle on meth 2nd something must be wrong if your aits should go down by a lot on WOT i was seeing 120 temps before meth and now i see mid 50's with meth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
I've seen a few people raving about the M10 nozzle over on n54. Are you jb3 2.0? Are you logging to see what your boost level is at? Did you up the map level when you went to meth? You really need the higher map to take advantage of the timing possibilties and higher boost.
+1 ull only see big improvement on higher maps that require race gas then ull see a nice diff
      03-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
dude the videos you showed me, didn't show your IATs go down when you let off the throttle. They went down as soon as your PSI was high enough for boost to kick in.. and you let go and they started climbing back up... look at the RPMs in the Vide.. there's now way your IATs were dropping during throttle let off.