E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > New member with a few questions

06-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

New member with a few questions

Hi guys, just got my black on black 08 335i last weekend from trivett. First off I have to say they are the best dealer I've ever dealt with.

Ive been lurkin for a while before I decided on my purchase, so I'm failry familiar with what I should be doin for my car. A few things.

1. Detailing. The car has some swirl marks which is really obvious on the black paint. In another thread I've been recommended TWD, has anyone used them?

2.Im wanting to grab a tune, I've read bout PROcede or JB. where should i get one locally?

3. I'm in the market for a set of rims. The stock ones look horrendous IMO, and looking for something with bit more poke.

4. and of course some tyres. Now a lot of my friends are bogan and have recommended me Nankang NS2s. they obviously sound chinese and shit. What's good for my car?

Many thanks,

Maurice
      06-25-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMBALLER View Post
Hi guys, just got my black on black 08 335i last weekend from trivett. First off I have to say they are the best dealer I've ever dealt with.

Ive been lurkin for a while before I decided on my purchase, so I'm failry familiar with what I should be doin for my car. A few things.

1. Detailing. The car has some swirl marks which is really obvious on the black paint. In another thread I've been recommended TWD, has anyone used them?

2.Im wanting to grab a tune, I've read bout PROcede or JB. where should i get one locally?

3. I'm in the market for a set of rims. The stock ones look horrendous IMO, and looking for something with bit more poke.

4. and of course some tyres. Now a lot of my friends are bogan and have recommended me Nankang NS2s. they obviously sound chinese and shit. What's good for my car?

Many thanks,

Maurice
Congrats! on the purchase ! Coupe or sedan?

2)Speak to Stu(BMROMX5) about the tune. His the guy to go to
3)What rims do you have one now?
4)try michelin PSS for tyre on tirerack.com
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post

thanks mate

Ive got the 4 door because my wife wouldn't let me get the coupe cos of the family

Who is stu? Is he someone who is local? I want someone who I can actually speak to in person. I'm that type of guy.

As for rims, not sure how to describe it. the stock ones that came with the car? 18s but don't look that good.

tirerack seems to be US based, do you know anywhere local? Ive been reocmmended tempe tyres, but their webstie makes me think thats not the type of people I wanna deal with...
      06-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Hi there Maurice ,

1) Detailing.. well we know what's happening with that in the other thread....

2) Tune-wise you have Procede/JB4 and now COBB too. Like kaitan says, shoot bmroxm5 a message and see whats best for you.

3) Some nice aftermarket wheels or CSL style can do wonders.

4) Michelin PSS is proven to be good. Be sure to get non-RFT.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
bates91
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

welcome mate

Black paintwork you're going to love it and hate it! haha
ive heard good things about Moonlight Detailing in Sydney, having used them myself and also seen many friends cars been taken care of
very professional which is what you want these days, what amongst all the newbies who think anyone can be a detailer with $50 worth of supplies from supercheap auto

as for rims - a lot of the bmw boys tend to get similar style rims.
i say go for something completely different. turn heads everywhere you roll
enjoy 335i power
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbce90 View Post
Hi there Maurice ,

1) Detailing.. well we know what's happening with that in the other thread....

2) Tune-wise you have Procede/JB4 and now COBB too. Like kaitan says, shoot bmroxm5 a message and see whats best for you.

3) Some nice aftermarket wheels or CSL style can do wonders.

4) Michelin PSS is proven to be good. Be sure to get non-RFT.
yes hence I made this thread for advice. i'm not sure what's goin on there and i'm not gettin much info. I was hoping someone could talk straight and just tell me

What is cobb? Ive never heard of it, I remember seeing in on packets at coles with corn though...not too sure what it means. is it a piggy like the other two? JB4 seems cheaper but it must be missing something.

I like the CSL reps ive looked at before but I want to stick to BMW OEM just to avoid any issues. the dealer quoted me 4.5k for a new set which i thought was ridiculous.

Ive debated the RFT non-RFT issue, and I've concluded that RFT is probably a better choice for when I drive my family on long trips. dont want a sudden blowout of non-RFTs that could cause a major accident. Also heard that RFTs can survive spike strips? lol not that its relevant just thought that was interesting.
      06-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #7
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Many thanks,

Maurice

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
fire
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fiat Punto

RFTs are definitely the go. they do wonders for ride comfort and are also practical. i've seen many a non-BMW owner curse at the fact their car did not come with RFTs.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Is this deja vu?
      06-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Oppss double posted...my internet sucks.

Yeap considering that u bought you car from trivett then yes BMRoxm5 is the guy to speak to as he is local.

I know there was coupe 08 335i trivett was selling with almost full options. with 225 rims.

Guys over here tend to get VMR. I will just keep mine stock 19"
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Oppss double posted...my internet sucks.

Yeap considering that u bought you car from trivett then yes BMRoxm5 is the guy to speak to as he is local.

I know there was coupe 08 335i trivett was selling with almost full options. with 225 rims.

Guys over here tend to get VMR. I will just keep mine stock 19"
Dont worry the NBN is headed your way, double posts are a thing of the past. At least thats something the ginger got right.

That's what I like to do too. VMR is from Taiwan isn't it? I dont want anything asian. Just need a decent set of BMW OEM rims and I will be happy.
      06-25-2012, 09:10 AM   #12
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
DW the NBN is headed your way, double posts are a thing of the past.

That's what I like to do too. VMR is from Taiwan isn't it? I dont want anything asian. Just need a decent set of BMW OEM rims and I will be happy.
No offence to asians, i like your women. Just that had some bad experiences with chinese products so never touch them again
      06-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Dont worry the NBN is headed your way, double posts are a thing of the past. At least thats something the ginger got right.

I dont have VMR...I mean I will stick to my 19" oem wheels
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #14
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I dont have VMR...I mean I will stick to my 19" oem wheels
I thought 19s wouldnt fit into a 1 series. Good choice tho. Couldn't you afford a 135i?

Yeh I meant I like to use stock wheels too, just not hte ones that came with this car. the dealer quoted 4.5k for new ones.
      06-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

I went with Procede and completely happy with the tune. No disrespect to local guys as they need to run a business. I ended up purchasing mine from the USA and doing a DIY.

have a look here:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/n54.html
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #16
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Hey OP,

Stu here and welcome aboard.

Happy to help out and give you an unbiased opinion on all tunes - I've helped lots of noobs out like yourself in the past :P plus am a sponsor of the site with ABN.

Some ending up going with Procede, some with JB4 and some with Cobb after I gave them info and my feedback for them to consider - a lot depends on your goals for the car too.

Feel free to check out the BMR Autowerkes website listed below in my sig, also you can email me stuart at bmrautowerkes.com.au and I'll do my best to respond asap.

Cheers,
Stuart @ BMR
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #17
Rossi_M6-3
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire View Post
RFTs are definitely the go. they do wonders for ride comfort and are also practical. i've seen many a non-BMW owner curse at the fact their car did not come with RFTs.
My mum always said, never trust a guy who drives a fiat Punto....
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I thought 19s wouldnt fit into a 1 series. Good choice tho. Couldn't you afford a 135i?

Yeh I meant I like to use stock wheels too, just not hte ones that came with this car. the dealer quoted 4.5k for new ones.
nah nah the 19" is on a 335i e92
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #19
BMBALLER
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
Hey OP,

Stu here and welcome aboard.

Happy to help out and give you an unbiased opinion on all tunes - I've helped lots of noobs out like yourself in the past :P plus am a sponsor of the site with ABN.

Some ending up going with Procede, some with JB4 and some with Cobb after I gave them info and my feedback for them to consider - a lot depends on your goals for the car too.

Feel free to check out the BMR Autowerkes website listed below in my sig, also you can email me stuart at bmrautowerkes.com.au and I'll do my best to respond asap.

Cheers,
Stuart @ BMR
I checked out yoru website but was immediately distracted by some bimbo with a large chest on the front page and ended up forgetting what i was looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
I went with Procede and completely happy with the tune. No disrespect to local guys as they need to run a business. I ended up purchasing mine from the USA and doing a DIY.

have a look here:

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/n54.html
thanks mate. ive done my research into the tunes and what they have to say for themselves, looking for personal feedback like you have provided. How is it in terms of meth integration? my friend who drives an s15 said meth is good shit so I plan to get it. not sure if he was referring to the car tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi_M6-3 View Post
My mum always said, never trust a guy who drives a fiat Punto....
funnily enough, my dad used to have a punto has a daily driver and my mum said the exact same thing.

he no longer drives it though because my mum took it as part of the divorce settlement

Quote:
nah nah the 19" is on a 335i e92
that sounds great! photos? i might look to get 19s too
      06-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #20
320i4life
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Dude get a JB, so much better than Procede and will get loads more powers. Heaps more stable too - i don't trust the Procede one bit.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #21
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320i4life View Post
Dude get a JB, so much better than Procede and will get loads more powers. Heaps more stable too - i don't trust the Procede one bit.

What don't you trust about it?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #22
320i4life
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornadog335i View Post
[/B]

What don't you trust about it?
The fact its gunna fall apart at any given moments