E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Blaupunkt Amp, High Pitch Frequency Noise thru speakers?

03-11-2008, 03:22 AM   #1
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

Blaupunkt Amp, High Pitch Frequency Noise thru speakers?

So I did a direct battery connection of the power wire and new ground line to the Blaupunk PNP555 amp last night rather than run it off the Harness that goes to the radio....All went well and the amp def pushes harder now..

1 big problem, About 20 min after the install, I notice an audible high pitched frequency interference noise thru the rear speakers that matches with my engine revs.. Im wondering if this could be a power line or grounding issue, though ive checked those connections already and everything else has been checked as well..

Any Clue?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 04:55 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
So I did a direct battery connection of the power wire and new ground line to the Blaupunk PNP555 amp last night rather than run it off the Harness that goes to the radio....All went well and the amp def pushes harder now..

1 big problem, About 20 min after the install, I notice an audible high pitched frequency interference noise thru the rear speakers that matches with my engine revs.. Im wondering if this could be a power line or grounding issue, though ive checked those connections already and everything else has been checked as well..

Any Clue?
Hi Rambino

Where's the amp installed?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Hi Rambino

Where's the amp installed?
Behind the rear passenger seat.

Ive always had small frequency interuptions when my phone was sending an recieveing signals.. But this is directly related to the power wire.

Im assuming it could be a few things.

A. The power wire is being run along side the speaker cables on the amp, i will try to move this to the otherside and isolate the wire.

B. The power wire is being run under the matting by the rear speaker, its possible that this is causing the interference as well

Those are my ideas, what do you think? Also should I try to isolate the ground wire as well or would that have no adverse effects on this frequency signal im hearing thru the speakers?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 08:29 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambino View Post
Behind the rear passenger seat.

Ive always had small frequency interuptions when my phone was sending an recieveing signals.. But this is directly related to the power wire.

Im assuming it could be a few things.

A. The power wire is being run along side the speaker cables on the amp, i will try to move this to the otherside and isolate the wire.

B. The power wire is being run under the matting by the rear speaker, its possible that this is causing the interference as well

Those are my ideas, what do you think? Also should I try to isolate the ground wire as well or would that have no adverse effects on this frequency signal im hearing thru the speakers?
Yes, move the power line as far as possible from any signal wires and ground the amp to the car chassis as close to the battery as possible. In this particular case, grounding the amp to the same OEM HU ground point is impractical due to the location.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep

Well No Luck.

I tried to remove the frequency noise many different ways.. Moved the power wire, shortenend the Ground wire, Unplugged the Original power wire from the harness.. Re-routed the main harness to the amp, seperated the speaker cables from everything. No Luck.. With the Battery Power, the frequency can be heard thru the "Rear Speakers" I tried everything.. No clue what could be causing it..

I went back to the OEM radio harness power, i did notice a very small frequency noise with this as well but not nearly as noticeable with the Strong Battery Powered cable.. Im guessing my car just doesnt like a strong power going to the amp..

Very wierd..
Appreciate 0