E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here

10-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #8295
s!ke
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 6MT

Garage List
I have a couple of questions before I buy one of these and I don't have time to view all 380 pages. (Already looked through the FAQ's)

1) What is the difference between the v2 and v3? Just touch screen? I can still use any maps on v2?
2) Do they have a quick way to reset it back to stock without unmarrying it (if I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out)
3) If I have catless downpipes will it clear the o2 sensor codes (like JB4 auto clear?)
4) Is Accessport now available for my tuner?
5) Do they have the ability to add multiple maps? How many? Switch on the go? (it just says it takes minutes)
6) What is the best map for DCI, DPs, Charge Pipe/FOrge DV's, and FMIC?
7) Is there a special map I need to use or any extra things I will need to use E85? Or can I just fill up with E85 and set it to my FBO map?
8) Does this work with MAC OSX? or If anything will it work fine in Parallels?

Thanks guys.

/// 2008 e92 335i 6sp JB/CR | COBB AP | AR DP's | AFE DCI | FMIC | BMS Cowl Filters | Stett CP | Forge DV's | Sig photo by jMeas!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #8296
Carl Morris
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I’ll look at that log when I’m home from work…but just putzing around town the DME uses timing corrections and ignition advance/retard as a normal part of its logic. There is nothing remotely odd or wrong if you are seeing timing corrections under partial throttle. It’s under WOT that you want to see things settle down.
I know I can tune it out. Why would I want to let it do that as part of normal operation? I still want to know what fuel he's running, because I don't think it's good enough for that timing table.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #8297
deadmn1337
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EB 435i

See below in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post
I have a couple of questions before I buy one of these and I don't have time to view all 380 pages. (Already looked through the FAQ's)

1) What is the difference between the v2 and v3? Just touch screen? I can still use any maps on v2?V3 allows for multiple gauges to be displayed at once and a little larger than the v2
2) Do they have a quick way to reset it back to stock without unmarrying it (if I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out)There is a stage 0 map that sets it back to a stock mapping but the cobb is still married, if the dealer updates the ecu or anything you will probably have a problem if it erases the tune
3) If I have catless downpipes will it clear the o2 sensor codes (like JB4 auto clear?)Any stage 2 map will auto clear
4) Is Accessport now available for my tuner?A tuner can buy the ATP tuning software or you can use ATR
5) Do they have the ability to add multiple maps? How many? Switch on the go? (it just says it takes minutes)The AP can hold a good amount of maps, mine has like 9 maps on it but i only use two. You can switch but not while driving or anything. You will have to pull over and turn the car off to switch maps.
6) What is the best map for DCI, DPs, Charge Pipe/FOrge DV's, and FMIC?Stage 2+ is created for those mods or you can try any of the race maps.
7) Is there a special map I need to use or any extra things I will need to use E85? Or can I just fill up with E85 and set it to my FBO map?Cobb has a beta race e30 map that you can use just make sure to log and make adjustments if needed.
8) Does this work with MAC OSX? or If anything will it work fine in Parallels?Not sure myself but haven't heard of any problems using either.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #8298
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Morris View Post
I don't like all the timing pulls, but it seems worse at light load sometimes than WOT so it's not as scary as thought when I first started scanning. What fuel are you running? I would back down to Sport if it was me, or start using ATR to make a custom timing map. I wouldn't run it on a road course that way, but it's probably not going to hurt anything on the street with just a few seconds of WOT here and there.
Ya going back to Sport, I think GAS octane rating is BS here in Chicago. Anyway that was on 93 Octane, I have full bolt ons. Scheduled PRO Dyno tune at P and L Motorsports anyone knows their reputation for tuning?

.../// TURBO! Why in the world would you choose anything else?... ///
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #8299
sofresh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post

1) What is the difference between the v2 and v3? Just touch screen? I can still use any maps on v2?
2) Do they have a quick way to reset it back to stock without unmarrying it (if I want to take it to the dealer to get it checked out)
3) If I have catless downpipes will it clear the o2 sensor codes (like JB4 auto clear?)
5) Do they have the ability to add multiple maps? How many? Switch on the go? (it just says it takes minutes)
7) Is there a special map I need to use or any extra things I will need to use E85? Or can I just fill up with E85 and set it to my FBO map?

Thanks guys.
I have used it on my macbook pro and have never had any issues
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #8300
Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
Ya going back to Sport, I think GAS octane rating is BS here in Chicago. Anyway that was on 93 Octane, I have full bolt ons. Scheduled PRO Dyno tune at P and L Motorsports anyone knows their reputation for tuning?
P & L in franklin park? I know they did a really nice job on a PRO tune on my buddies 2010 WRX. From what I've been told they do really quality work. I personally didn't know they even did bmw until a few days ago. I was going to go with an e-tune from PTF, but now you have me thinking of making the trip from plainfield to P & L. Keep me posted on how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #8301
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92 6 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give_Em_The_DD View Post
P & L in franklin park? I know they did a really nice job on a PRO tune on my buddies 2010 WRX. From what I've been told they do really quality work. I personally didn't know they even did bmw until a few days ago. I was going to go with an e-tune from PTF, but now you have me thinking of making the trip from plainfield to P & L. Keep me posted on how it goes!

Yep Franklin Park IL. I don't want someone that is not qualified to work on this. They told me they will fly some guy by nick name of Junior to do the tune on many cars. I rather pay couple hundred more then pay like 5K for a 2nd hand engine if they blow. Got their address right off COBBs web site so I hope they are good. I have seen cars blow up on dyno lately and after that I changed my mind and went with P and L. I let you know after 11th of Nov.

Anyway I really need to learn how to do this tuning my self but not on my car LOL.

.../// TURBO! Why in the world would you choose anything else?... ///
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #8302
loweredram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffman View Post
I started getting these codes while running E40 Cobb with a protune:
p29e0
p29e1
p0171 SES
So I ran the tank down to empty, filled with Shell 93 VPower and flashed back to Stage 0. Continued to get these codes. On second tank of Shell 93/Stage 0 and continue to get these codes like this every time:
First p29e0, then p29e1 (fuel mixture) and then eventually p0171 (lean condition). Typically when cold, less frequently when warm, but every day now. Once the third p0171 occurs then the SES light comes on. All clear fine but it repeats. Here are two logs:

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/e10-...codes-wot-runs

http://www.datazap.me/u/jeffman/e10-...ottle-diagnose

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing these codes?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but Im having the exact same problem. I was running the OTS Cobb E30 map and calculated wrong ending up with an E34. Car ran great I happened to check for codes and got 29E0 fuel mixture control,
29E1 fuel mixture control 2, and P2AAF fuel pumpe, plausibility. The car did kick a SES light at one point but no limp mode. I was running low on fuel so I cleared the codes and filled up with a quarter tank left with shell 91 and switched maps back to Stage 2 +. The P2AAAF code never came back but the 29E0 and 29E1 keep returning even after the 2nd full tank of 91. I do have UR catted downpipes which never threw a code after I installed them on the car stock before I got a tune. A buddy of mine said the E85 could have killed the cats which is why I'm getting the codes now. Ive read these are the codes you get when you go with cat-less downpipes. The car runs and pulls great LPFP is in range not sure what else to check. If this is a cat-less down pipe code I'm gonna ditch these UR catted down pipes and just go cat-less.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #8303
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loweredram View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but Im having the exact same problem. I was running the OTS Cobb E30 map and calculated wrong ending up with an E34. Car ran great I happened to check for codes and got 29E0 fuel mixture control,
29E1 fuel mixture control 2, and P2AAF fuel pumpe, plausibility. The car did kick a SES light at one point but no limp mode. I was running low on fuel so I cleared the codes and filled up with a quarter tank left with shell 91 and switched maps back to Stage 2 +. The P2AAAF code never came back but the 29E0 and 29E1 keep returning even after the 2nd full tank of 91. I do have UR catted downpipes which never threw a code after I installed them on the car stock before I got a tune. A buddy of mine said the E85 could have killed the cats which is why I'm getting the codes now. Ive read these are the codes you get when you go with cat-less downpipes. The car runs and pulls great LPFP is in range not sure what else to check. If this is a cat-less down pipe code I'm gonna ditch these UR catted down pipes and just go cat-less.
This happens with my car too. What rom do u have?
I'm ijeos...P2AAF code is just standard for Cobb...it's harmless
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #8304
loweredram
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
I have I8A0S . Ive been running the cob for about 6 months with no codes until about 3 weeks of running the E30 maps then the P2AAF, P29E0, and P29E1 started showing up. now that Im back running 91 with stage 2+ ST I'm just getting the P29E0, and P29E1 codes
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #8305
Schnitzel
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Any plans to deactivate cat warm-up cycle in the near future?
      10-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #8306
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by loweredram
Quote:
I have I8A0S . Ive been running the cob for about 6 months with no codes until about 3 weeks of running the E30 maps then the P2AAF, P29E0, and P29E1 started showing up. now that Im back running 91 with stage 2+ ST I'm just getting the P29E0, and P29E1 codes
I'd just keep an eye on it. If your trims and afrs are fine then I think it's just the dme reacting to a fuel mixture it was never intended for
      10-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #8307
Give_Em_The_DD
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 black 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by labedra View Post
Yep Franklin Park IL. I don't want someone that is not qualified to work on this. They told me they will fly some guy by nick name of Junior to do the tune on many cars. I rather pay couple hundred more then pay like 5K for a 2nd hand engine if they blow. Got their address right off COBBs web site so I hope they are good. I have seen cars blow up on dyno lately and after that I changed my mind and went with P and L. I let you know after 11th of Nov.

Anyway I really need to learn how to do this tuning my self but not on my car LOL.
What did they quote you at for the tune??

And yes, I haven't worked up the balls to tune myself lol
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #8308
loweredram
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'd just keep an eye on it. If your trims and afrs are fine then I think it's just the dme reacting to a fuel mixture it was never intended for
Thanks. I will watch it and do a few more logs
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:27 PM   #8309
N54POWR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Garage List
2011 335is  [8.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke

Thanks guys.
You don't need to go through all 380 pages

Just go to the Cobb website. If you can't figure all this out from there, then maybe you shouldn't be doing anything
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #8310
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
I am running cP-e downpipes with highflow catts. I have ran E50 on the OTS E30 map and never gotten a fuel mixture fault

Btw you will never be on target when fuel mixing cause E85 is never exactly E85. Mixing a bit over E30 ie E34 as your did is ideal.

I am not saying to run E40-E50 running an E30 map. However you can run between E30-E40 on an E30 OTS map. Why your car spit that fault is weird, you might want to raise your Fuel Scalar to E35 calculation

The catts have nothing to do with that fault code, it could be also your O2 sensor going bad. I have been running E85 for almost 1.5+ years, and now stock and no codes
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #8311
loweredram
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
I am running cP-e downpipes with highflow catts. I have ran E50 on the OTS E30 map and never gotten a fuel mixture fault

Btw you will never be on target when fuel mixing cause E85 is never exactly E85. Mixing a bit over E30 ie E34 as your did is ideal.

I am not saying to run E40-E50 running an E30 map. However you can run between E30-E40 on an E30 OTS map. Why your car spit that fault is weird, you might want to raise your Fuel Scalar to E35 calculation

The catts have nothing to do with that fault code, it could be also your O2 sensor going bad. I have been running E85 for almost 1.5+ years, and now stock and no codes
Thank you. I will defiantly look at the fuel scalars as well next time I run the E30 maps. I was also thinking maybe I strained the lpfp? I will try doing some hard pulls and logging the fuel pressure. I will also look at finding a way to test the o2 sensors. Thanks for the pointers
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 06:07 PM   #8312
loweredram
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post

Had another question. You mentioned it could be the o2 sensors going bad? Im thinking you're talking about the pre cat sensors? I Thinking that could be the issue i changed the post cat o2 sensors a year ago and the pre cat are factory originals my car is an 07.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 06:09 PM   #8313
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Had another question. You mentioned it could be the o2 sensors going bad? Im thinking you're talking about the pre cat sensors? I Thinking that could be the issue i changed the post cat o2 sensors a year ago and the pre cat are factory originals my car is an 07.
Yes correct pre cats sensors
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #8314
AWTT335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Yes, yes, and yes.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #8315
AWTT335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWTT335i View Post
Yes, yes, and yes.
gee, thanks. no. 1 was not a yes/no question.

I would like to know how to clear codes with my Cobb though. Just a link to some instructions would be appreciated.
That answer referred to 2-4. Plug in Cobb ap, click troubleshoot menu, read codes or clear codes. It's really simple.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #8316
Jeffman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev View Post
kewl, I'll give it a try.

you feel strongly about 'registering' an aftermarket battery? It comes with a 3yr warranty anyways..... What am I really in danger of?

Seems silly to pay 85 bucks to register it at dealer (wish I could do the registering with the Cobb).
Once you become facile with the Cobb, the next level is INPA and a K+DCAN cable, which I believe will do the battery registration (somebody please check this).

Welcome to the community!
Appreciate 0