E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > ED Complete on E92 - Purchased from Long Beach BMW

04-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
RHPF
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

ED Complete on E92 - Purchased from Long Beach BMW

Dropped off my new E92 Black/Black in Amsterdam this past Monday. One hell of a trip, started off in Munich, went to Paris, Normandy, Brussels, and ended in Amsterdam. In hind sight I should have used the open jaw feature of Lufthansa's 2 for 1 plane ticket feature so I could have flown out from Amsterdam instead of taking a train back to Munich.... but still all in all great trip, and great car.

FWIW - The speed limit in Belgium is 120kph, which is a trip since everyone there was going in excess off 100MPH on the freeway. We never saw a single speed limit sign and figured it, like the autobahns, was unrated. Saw some pretty fast speeds there with right around 1200 miles on the car

As for Long Beach BMW, I purchased the car from Will in Internet Sales. The deal was how I would like to do business, in that it was fast, with no games being played, and a deal both parties were happy with. There were a some better deals out there (in the internet world) but not by much, and it was worth it to not have to deal with the arrogance of some of the dealers, or the games they tried to play to get their money another way. I was really pleased with their courtesy, and they were prompt to return phone calls/emails.

The first test of 'warranty' service will be what comes of my iDrive on my car as it was the only issue I had with the car. I likely should have had it looked at when I picked the car up, as the iDrive crashed/froze/restarted exactly as the gate guard was asking for my papers leaving the European Delivery Center (so maybe 1000ft of driving). It proceded to do that another 15-20 times the rest of the trip, and sometimes certain functions would just not work altogether (like locate a POI based on 'present' location; it would just hang there 'loading' for an indefinite period of time). I have informed LB BMW about it, and hope the problem gets fixed without a significant delay in the delivery of the car. Given the quality of the service provided thus far I am sure it will work out, but I will post a follow up when it is resolved one way or the other.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2007, 11:07 PM   #2
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Awesome!

Questions if you have time:

1.) Any photos of the delivery, the car, or the drive across Europe?

2.) Can you elaborate on the games you referred to on how they get their money other ways? Are you talking extended warranties? Sorry for the noob question!

3.) Are you Jet or Sapphire, and which wood/aluminum did you get?

Comment: you should definitely post about your dealership experience in that part of the board too. There are a lot of dealers who work the internet side, but that doesn't mean you automatically get an honest CA or good deal.

Dropping your baby off at the boat must have been TORTURE!!!
      04-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Matt,
I'm so glad your trip went well! It was a pleasure handling your ED for you - and I'm glad you were pleased as well. I will keep you updated on the status of your car - hopefully it gets here sooner rather than later!

I will also have your car in the service department first thing when it gets here so we can get your car back soon.

Welcome home, and let me know if you need anything

Post up some pictures!
Appreciate 0