E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

07-12-2006, 08:57 AM   #89
JonMad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Something like these then perhaps, Jon?
(Exceptional macros courtesy of Nathan- nice work!)
Yeah, something like that Excellent! Yep, the start/stop and max ones look good - on the latter, I'd have the green light on at the time!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 02:28 PM   #90
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMad
Yeah, something like that Excellent! Yep, the start/stop and max ones look good - on the latter, I'd have the green light on at the time!
Thanks Jon!

I think we need to now decide on a date for the meet, so I'm going to say it is going to have to be the week-end of July 29/30th!
I'll stick my neck out even further & say we should meet in Sherwood Forest (kick me if you really must, or give an alternative)!

It is the only week-end everyone (who has said) can make.
I'd have preferred a later time, like August 19th, but Dermot is away then (BigBrother final or what Craig ?!)

Please could everyone say if you are up for it, because it's a real pain in the ar*e if you don't.

Thanks.

All the best.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 07-13-2006 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 02:39 PM   #91
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Here are the current likely 19 attendees for the second UK meet so far:

• beauforty (Paul) 330iSE Tiag
  • vivekk (Viv) 330iSE Tiag
  • 1stnewcar (Paul) 320dSE SG
  • Flyingdwarf (Craig) 320d M Sport SB
  • ric1 (Ric) 330d e91 M Sport LMB
  • JonMad (Jon) 320dSE
  • jhbodle (Jay) 325iSE SG
  • Hitman999 (Hiten) 320iSE
  • paddywac (John or 'Pads') 320d M Sport SB
  • OilBurner (Matt) e46 320dSE SG
  • SoYank (Floyd) 330iSE MB
  • Mickey (Marilyn) 330iSE TiAg
  • MattOz (Matt) 330d M Sport LMB
  • onejohnsheridan (John) 320d SB
  • webcoll (David) 320d SE JB
  • unknowndentist? (Chris) 330d M Sport / Ferrari ?
  • timking85 (Tim) 320d M Sport
  • staggerlee 320si
  • steeleez (Gary) 320si LMB

Occasion:
"Second" e90post.com UK meet
Venue: Sherwood Forest perhaps!
Date: July 29/30th probably!
Time: To be decided!

Last edited by vivekk; 07-12-2006 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #92
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Sherwood Forest (Country Park) sounds fine with me. How does a barbeque sound to anyone -- BYOM? A couple of toss-out barbeque grills can be gotten at Homebase or Focus relatively cheaply.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #93
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Sherwood Forest (Country Park) sounds fine with me. How does a barbeque sound to anyone -- BYOM? A couple of toss-out barbeque grills can be gotten at Homebase or Focus relatively cheaply.
I'm fine with that Floyd.
If we manage to c*ck that up, we can always have a nice little drive to a nearby country pub for some lunch!

So...we'd better start early....meet up at 9am to get the BBQ lit then??

Viv

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 01:31 AM   #94
Steve r
E91
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring

Garage List
Hi All.

Sounds like the 1st UK meet went very well,

I'm on R & R at the moment untill next week then i'm off back to Iraq so unfortunately i wont be able to make it.

Hopefully be @ the next one in my E92 i'm getting in November..but i'm still trying to talk the wife into the 335! we'll see.

Enjoy the day anyway..

Steve.
      07-13-2006, 04:15 AM   #95
JonMad
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d SE;Mazda MX-5

Garage List
1990 Mazda MX-5  [0.00]
2005 BMW 320d  [0.00]
Oh dear, since saying yes to 29/30 July my parents booked a flight to come over and stay with me that weekend, so I cannae make this one

Have fun. If it changes to 19/8 I could be there! And I'll still have one of those T-shirts (but I think the meet's a bit soon for getting that together)

Jon
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 10:46 AM   #96
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh dear, since saying yes to 29/30 July my parents booked a flight to come over and stay with me that weekend, so I cannae make this one

Have fun. If it changes to 19/8 I could be there! And I'll still have one of those T-shirts (but I think the meet's a bit soon for getting that together)

Jon
Bring them along. The more, the merrier.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #97
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve r
Hi All.

Sounds like the 1st UK meet went very well,

I'm on R & R at the moment untill next week then i'm off back to Iraq so unfortunately i wont be able to make it.

Hopefully be @ the next one in my E92 i'm getting in November..but i'm still trying to talk the wife into the 335! we'll see.

Enjoy the day anyway..

Steve.
Sorry to hear you can't make it. Sorrier to hear you're going back to Iraq. Enjoy the time remaining at home and best of luck in the desert. We'll save a spot at the third meet for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 01:39 PM   #98
Steve r
E91
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring

Garage List
Were do i get a t-shirt so i don't feel left out when i finally get the time off to go to a meet?

Booked my E92 for November delivery was advised, so 325 it is not 335. All i need to do now is sell my E91

Hope you have another meet soon
      07-13-2006, 02:01 PM   #99
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Jon
I doubt there's enough time to sort the T-shirts, so that may have to wait till the Third UK Meet!
If there's any chance of you coming with your parents Jon, then I think you should!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve r
Were do i get a t-shirt so i don't feel left out when i finally get the time off to go to a meet?

Booked my E92 for November delivery was advised, so 325 it is not 335. All i need to do now is sell my E91

Hope you have another meet soon
We'll sort the T-shirts for the Third UK Meet, Steve.
Sorry you can't join us this time either, so all the best & hope you'll be at the next meet.

Please can everyone else now say if they can or cannot make this meet:
Sherwood Forest, July 29/30

Cheers.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #100
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Viv, I can make the 29th July but not the 30th, so can meet on the Saturday
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2006, 04:57 AM   #101
thebigman
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

It’s a bit of a trail so I’ll wait till the Isle of Man.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #102
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Viv, I can make the 29th July but not the 30th, so can meet on the Saturday
Nice work Paul.
It looks like this is going to be a one day event then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigman
It’s a bit of a trail so I’ll wait till the Isle of Man.

Sorry to hear that bigman.
No matter- Isle of Man it is then!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2006, 02:43 AM   #103
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Viv,

Since you seem to be the meet "organizer", could you get it on the meet calendar?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #104
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Viv,

29th / 30th is clear for me.

Perhaps with the small numbers showing an interest / having clear time (plus the short planning time) it might be better to make this one a one day event (and put in some discussion for the manx meet! ). Getting a t-shirt or almost anything done to commemorate that one should be farily easy. http://www.ttshirts.com do all sorts of stuff, from printed t-shirts to embroidered workwear and everything in between. They even do all the stuff for the various goverment departments.

Matt

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #105
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank
Viv,

Since you seem to be the meet "organizer", could you get it on the meet calendar?
Done- thanks for the reminder Floyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilBurner
Viv,

29th / 30th is clear for me.

Perhaps with the small numbers showing an interest / having clear time (plus the short planning time) it might be better to make this one a one day event (and put in some discussion for the manx meet! ). Getting a t-shirt or almost anything done to commemorate that one should be farily easy. http://www.ttshirts.com do all sorts of stuff, from printed t-shirts to embroidered workwear and everything in between. They even do all the stuff for the various goverment departments.

Matt
One day event it is then Matt!
We'll meet up at Sherwood Forest (I'll have a check of locations) at 12pm on Saturday July 29th ok.

If anyone knows the area, we can either sort a BBQ somewhere or drive to a nice little country pub nearby, like last time.

Sorting a trip to a karting place may be a bit tricky, with the lack of time & definite attendees.

No matter- I expect we'll have a top day anyway.

Please fill out the Meets Calendar so we know who's intending to come.

We also need ideas for a BBQ/lunch & an Indian/Chinese meal etc in the evening.

All the best.

Viv

PS- if you all have your reg plate covers, we may as well use them again- the text on the bottom isn't going to make too much difference

Last edited by vivekk; 07-15-2006 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #106
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Done- thanks for the reminder Floyd.

One day event it is then Matt!
We'll meet up at Sherwood Forest (I'll have a check of locations) at 12pm on Saturday July 29th ok.

If anyone knows the area, we can either sort a BBQ somewhere or drive to a nice little country pub nearby, like last time.

Sorting a trip to a karting place may be a bit tricky, with the lack of time & definite attendees.

No matter- I expect we'll have a top day anyway.

Please fill out the Meets Calendar so we know who's intending to come.

We also need ideas for a BBQ/lunch & an Indian/Chinese meal etc in the evening.

All the best.

Viv

PS- if you all have your reg plate covers, we may as well use them again- the text on the bottom isn't going to make too much difference
Hi Viv,

Jeff from CAL (USA) got in touch, seems a nice bloke (you referred him to me apperently), he is movin to Didsbury later this year, so I gave him the low down on Manchester!!! Hope he has not given up on the idea as a result!!!!

Further I have added to the paddywac Fleet of motor vehicles:

I am now the proud owner of a 2.5d LWB 190 Hi Top Ford Transit van sporting a 1996 P plate with 123k (no doubt dodgy scouse miles) with a Peckamish Yellow Tinge. Obviously this is an addition to the Pads existing motor fleet consisting of a hard driven and dented e90 M 320d wi increasingly dodgy brakes.

Finally not sure if i can make the next meet yet, it will have to be a last minute decision
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #107
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
Hi Viv,

Jeff from CAL (USA) got in touch, seems a nice bloke (you referred him to me apperently), he is movin to Didsbury later this year, so I gave him the low down on Manchester!!! Hope he has not given up on the idea as a result!!!!

Further I have added to the paddywac Fleet of motor vehicles:

I am now the proud owner of a 2.5d LWB 190 Hi Top Ford Transit van sporting a 1996 P plate with 123k (no doubt dodgy scouse miles) with a Peckamish Yellow Tinge. Obviously this is an addition to the Pads existing motor fleet consisting of a hard driven and dented e90 M 320d wi increasingly dodgy brakes.

Finally not sure if i can make the next meet yet, it will have to be a last minute decision
I did indeed refer Jeff to your good self, Pads- you being the man who knows the 'ins & outs' of Manc-chester!

Glad your fleet is increasing almost as fast as your brake pads are demising!

I hope you can make Sherwood Forest on the 29th Pads- it won't be quite the same without you there.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2006, 03:26 AM   #108
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
<<SNIP>>Obviously this is an addition to the Pads existing motor fleet consisting of a hard driven and dented e90 M 320d wi increasingly dodgy brakes.

Pads, have you been playing bumper cars with your Beemer? Save that for the kart track.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 08:06 AM   #109
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
I'm doing a Suzuki GSX-R meet on the 29th near Donnington, so can't make that day, unless I pop up on the bike? Could possibly do the 30th though. Just installed blacklines to my 330d and the car looks soooo much better now!

See you soon
Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2006, 11:38 AM   #110
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOz
I'm doing a Suzuki GSX-R meet on the 29th near Donnington, so can't make that day, unless I pop up on the bike? Could possibly do the 30th though. Just installed blacklines to my 330d and the car looks soooo much better now!

See you soon
Matt
Nice work Matt!
I think this is turning out to be a one-day event, so the Saurday is likely to be better for most people.

What does everyone else think?

I found a link to Sherwood Pines Forest Park here.

Does everyone think this is a suitable place to meet up, or not?
Alternative locations if not, please.

Cheers.

Viv

Appreciate 0