E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Door chime

04-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #23
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i and '13 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
I didn't say this is a stupid thread and I did not make a personal attack. If you get offended this easily perhaps you should seek professional help.
Takashi: Your comment reminded me of another stupid comment that

Dude, you need to remember what you write! Also, I don't take anything on the boards too seriously; you were offended by .
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #24
subec3b
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
I can't believe with all the "sophisticated" electronics in our cars it doesn't know when we are exiting the car and not to chime. Very annoying. Oh well.
Quote:
Takashi: Your comment reminded me of another stupid comment that

Dude, you need to remember what you write! Also, I don't take anything on the boards too seriously; you were offended by .
Just by reading both threads, one can immediately conclude that the OP has issues. Not only is he not willing to admit them, he puts the blame on 1) his car; 2) other forum members.
      04-20-2010, 05:04 PM   #25
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by subec3b View Post
Just by reading both threads, one can immediately conclude that the OP has issues. Not only is he not willing to admit them, he puts the blame on 1) his car; 2) other forum members.
I don't have any issues. You need to learn to read. I started this thread as a rant. Then I was told that my comment was stupid. I then mooned the guy. lol I then find out from other members that it is not normal and that my car may need fixing. If my car is broken I normally blame the car. If someone is calling me stupid I normally blame them.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #26
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

VTE and Harvey, thanks. Because of your comments I figured it out. For some reason my key is able to be removed while the car is running. Its not suppose to do that (I didn't know, prior owner must have broken it) but I like it especially if I need to jump out of the car to buy a cup of coffee or something. So I am not shutting down my car properly. Therefore, the key-chime always rings when exiting the car and that is also the reason why my fob won't roll the windows down. I figured out how to properly shut off the car and remove the key, problem solved, now no more chime when exiting the car. Thanks again!

Last edited by Chriztofor; 04-20-2010 at 10:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 11:38 PM   #27
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Quote:
VTE and Harvey, thanks. Because of your comments I figured it out. For some reason my key is able to be removed while the car is running. Its not suppose to do that (I didn't know, prior owner must have broken it) but I like it especially if I need to jump out of the car to buy a cup of coffee or something. So I am not shutting down my car properly. Therefore, the key-chime always rings when exiting the car and that is also the reason why my fob won't roll the windows down. I figured out how to properly shut off the car and remove the key, problem solved, now no more chime when exiting the car. Thanks again!
Maybe either you or the previous owner managed to take the key out without pushing it in first and that somehow damaged the linkage in there somehow. Now it comes out without pushing it in first thus causing your problem...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:18 AM   #28
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah, it definitely was the previous owner. I would never have forced the key out. But, I like it, it's like having semi-comfort access when I need to jump out of the car for a minute or two to grab a can of soda or something.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:27 AM   #29
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

Quote:
Yeah, it definitely was the previous owner. I would never have forced the key out. But, I like it, it's like having semi-comfort access when I need to jump out of the car for a minute or two to grab a can of soda or something.
Can't they just get in and drive it away anyway ? Key in it or not they can still drive it away ?!?!?!?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #30
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Harney View Post
Can't they just get in and drive it away anyway ? Key in it or not they can still drive it away ?!?!?!?
Sure they can, but I dont live in a ghetto. . Also, who is going to brake the window and drive off in full public view? It's not like I would leave the car running and the doors locked in a dark alley. Besides, if they steal it I get a new car!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #31
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Harney View Post
This is why they make a new product called "headsets" no idea if they work or not ....
Whoa...damnit, I didn't think of that...see that's why I need you guys..I can't think these little things....I'm still living in the old days of cars...
      04-21-2010, 09:51 AM   #32
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Sure they can, but I dont live in a ghetto. . Also, who is going to brake the window and drive off in full public view? It's not like I would leave the car running and the doors locked in a dark alley. Besides, if they steal it I get a new car!
Cars get stolen all the time, daylight, nice neighborhood, bad, etc. It doesn't matter. Likelihood yours will be stolen is probably low, but you never know.

Along with that new car you will also get significantly higher insurance premiums, or possibly denied insurance coverage if they figure out it was your negligence which caused the car to be stolen (which leaving the car running qualifies for).
      04-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #33
Chriztofor
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'll take my chances. I love semi-comfort access!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #34
davejensen34
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive - Black

Garage List
2007 355i  [0.00]
Quote:
Wow, this sucks. My warranty is up. I also noticed that I can't roll my windows down with the FOB. I am going to search to reset the system. I am glad I bitched! Thanks everyone.
Yikes Chriztofor, you're having a bad day... May want to try replacing the battery of your FOB (mine stopped doing some of those coded features before I replaced my battery). Because you have CA, you can replace your batter (go mine from Radio Shack).

About the radio, I know that it will stay on without the key for about 15-20 min after you remove it which I think is a nice feature and with no beeping at you. The time this stays on is something that can be coded.

Good luck bro, I hope it gets better.
      09-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #35
335NJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i 6MT E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by davejensen34 View Post
Yikes Chriztofor, you're having a bad day... May want to try replacing the battery of your FOB (mine stopped doing some of those coded features before I replaced my battery). Because you have CA, you can replace your batter (go mine from Radio Shack).

About the radio, I know that it will stay on without the key for about 15-20 min after you remove it which I think is a nice feature and with no beeping at you. The time this stays on is something that can be coded.

Good luck bro, I hope it gets better.
It may have gotten better by now, that comment is 4 years old
      09-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #36
davejensen34
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive - Black

Garage List
2007 355i  [0.00]
So funny... How did this end up on my list. This is classic 'me' not checking the date on the previous post... ROFL!!!