E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E92 335i Progression & Updates Thread by: BMB063

06-16-2016, 08:49 PM   #67
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My buddy's car:

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2016, 02:31 PM   #68
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMB063 View Post
Attended an open house at Esoteric Auto Detail today and of course forgot my good camera. Here are some pics I got with my phone. That F40 was MINT!

That GT3 If only I could afford a 911 in the first place...

Max
      06-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #69
SilverJester
Private
Rep
Drives: '08 Evo X GSR

Quote:
[/URL]

What kind of wheels are the m3?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 09:36 AM   #70
Mr. Tasty
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 335i Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverJester View Post
What kind of wheels are the m3?
Apex Arc8's
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 08:53 PM   #71
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
Apex Arc8's
Yes! Thanks for that

YouTube | INSTAGRAM | My New Website: Shifted-Perspective.com | DM for discounts on: LUX ANGEL EYES or BPM TUNES
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 07:42 PM   #72
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

A handful of updates here. I moved and now have a better garage area as part of my rental. I have a few plans to upgrade the lighting and storage, but not much else since it's a temporary space.

The Jeep held up pretty well when pulling all of my stuff!

I did a full maintenance wash in my new space and took a few pics and also made a video. It's a long video, but I go in depth about parts of my process and wanted to be thorough.

I also just debadged the car. After adding the spoiler, the badge just seems a little off. I really like the clean look!

Took some time and polished the exhaust tips

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #73
TBN54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335 -> 17' F30 340i

Very nice progress. I think lowering it a bit will give it a much more aggressive look.

Beautiful car nevertheless.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:27 PM   #74
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBN54 View Post
Very nice progress. I think lowering it a bit will give it a much more aggressive look.

Beautiful car nevertheless.
Thanks! I will get around to lowering it as soon as some money replenishes in my accounts! I just moved

Here's my debadging video:

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #75
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I did a full detail a couple weekends ago and the results were great. About 15 hours to complete everything. Preparation, Decontamination, Cutting Correction, Polish, Sealant & Wax. My paint was never in bad shape for most people's eyes, but I am very picky and particular so it was very much needed. Here are some pictures below. I also did a 5 part video series that I am still editing. The rest of the videos will be up soon. It takes you through my process and some rationale as to why I did certain things. I tried to be detailed, but it's difficult not to talk for hours when it comes to detailing!

A few new products I tried
- CarPro Iron X - this is great for removing embedded contaminants especially the ones that clay bars typically can't pick up like rail dust. If you use Iron X before clay, it makes claying a cinch!
- Chemical Guys Clean Slate - seemed to do a good job stripping the existing wax off the car
- Menzerna - the cutting and polishing compound worked very well for me with an extremely low amount of dusting! FG400 cutting and 3500 finishing.
- Meguiar's MF 5" Discs - these performed much better than the hex logic from Chemical Guys I used a few years back
- Menzerna Power Lock - I used this as my first layer of sealant and then topped it with two layers of Collinite 845 which is my all time favorite wax

Pics...

Iron X going to work:

It rained a few days after so I had to take some quick shots. This thing beads like no other!

VIDEO SERIES:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Appreciate 1
      08-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #76
roccy_miyagi
@Dat.Vermillion.E92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017

Dude you are 1) making me miss my car (calling the bodyshop right now to see when they'll be done with my car) & 2) making me regret that i didn't document my changes to the extent like this. Going over your thread made me remember the little things that I've done to my e92 that barely anyone would notice but they mean the world to me (its the small things that count). Love the car & what you've done with it seriously, but one question. When the bumper was replaced, why didn't you opt to get the reflectors removed? To me (this is imo) that would have made your car even more cleaner than what it is. (I'm a nerd for small details)
BMWCCA NJ

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 09:31 PM   #77
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccy_miyagi View Post
Dude you are 1) making me miss my car (calling the bodyshop right now to see when they'll be done with my car) & 2) making me regret that i didn't document my changes to the extent like this. Going over your thread made me remember the little things that I've done to my e92 that barely anyone would notice but they mean the world to me (its the small things that count). Love the car & what you've done with it seriously, but one question. When the bumper was replaced, why didn't you opt to get the reflectors removed? To me (this is imo) that would have made your car even more cleaner than what it is. (I'm a nerd for small details)
Thanks man I appreciate it. I just really like documenting the things I do so might as well share it with people who can appreciate it too! The bumper was replaced by an insurance approved body shop after the guy backed into me. I plan to grab some alpine white replacements, but haven't got around to it yet. I assume it would be easier to just swap them myself than try to explain that I didn't want an OEM part and also removing a DOT mandated part...not sure they would have done that. Either way, painted ones will be done soon!

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #78
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

PART 3 Detailing Mini-Series:

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #79
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here are the last two videos in my series:

Also had a recent photoshoot with my buddy and his M235i. Both in alpine white of course.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 07:19 AM   #80
Underground6t9
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi, Lexus is250

Quote:
Here are the last two videos in my series:

Also had a recent photoshoot with my buddy and his M235i. Both in alpine white of course.

Looking clean as always

|instagram@underground6t9|
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #81
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground6t9 View Post
Looking clean as always
Thanks dude!

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #82
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Checking back in. I've been considering doing a website for all my updates since I share so thoroughly (pics, video, long explanations).

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations when creating a site? I'm considering using GoDaddy for the domain and hosting. Wordpress for content management systems. The free sites seem like a pain if I want to pursue this over a long period of time so I'll stay away from those unless anyone thinks otherwise.

Anyways, published several videos from car events and a few how-tos. Also finally got my intake in!

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 10:46 PM   #83
BMB063
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Alright for anyone that follows this thread, I've finally started a website! I will have most of my updates and details there. I'll still have some here, but figured I would throw that out there.

Check it out!

www.bmb063.com

Appreciate 0