E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Took the plunge - went through a car wash today!

12-12-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
martho05
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i xDrive Coupe

Took the plunge - went through a car wash today!

After much thought on how to keep the car clean this winter, I decided screw it and I had it washed. The good news is there was no damage and she turned out great! I probably won't make this a regular habit, but I need to keep the dirt and salt off her as much as possible this winter.
TIP: always turn her off when going through. You need to have the fob inserted before putting it in neutral and shutting down. Let it glide a little at the end of the wash and quickly depress the brake and start her back up.
I feel better now that the prize is clean. Gotta go, going to the cold garage to stare at her for awhile!!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 05:36 PM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

my car is stock and whenever i go to the automatic car washes, it actually hits the plastic piece in front of my front wheels. My old car even scratches the bottom. Guess have to wash the car by hand....
      12-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #3
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

If you are worry about the potential damage to your E90, you can always use the “No Touch” car wash place. It is just like a gigantic dish washer  Or vist one of those self car wash places with high pressure jet.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #4
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
If you are worry about the potential damage to your E90, you can always use the “No Touch” car wash place. It is just like a gigantic dish washer  Or vist one of those self car wash places with high pressure jet.
problem is.....these automatic car washes around here are all touchless. Just the rail that your car goes through, it's TOO HIGH....driving me nuts. And those, self-wash places...u can't spray off the salt on your under carriage.....My only choice is Mobil's automatic carwashes that washes the undercarriage when you drive in, and the car doesn't have to go on a rail or anything.